No announcement yet.

Harry Potter vs. Nita and Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if you want to began talk of rules. One of the first rules of magic in harry potter are that there aren't any. Your use of magic is limited only to your will.
    Unlike SYWTBAW were your use of magic is restrained to your knowledge. So in a sense if you want to begin talking rules victory is almost asured to another pair.
    It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
    That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

These two sets of books have the magic controlled differently. I say it'd be a tie because neither would be fighting each other in the first place. Also, Harry isn't a "weak" wizard, he's a normal wizard put into extraordinary situations. With the knowledge that Harry, Nita, and Kit have acquired, it won't come down to raw power, it will come down to reflexes. I don't know if Harry's gone soft in his old age of 29, or how much Nita and Kit's powers have relaxed in the years since their prime, and I don't think it'd matter. They'd probably be friends.

Septimus: there are rules governing magic in the HP series. Example: the inability to conjure food from nothing. Harry is also limited by his own knowledge. In the 7th book he couldn't heal his finger even if he didn't have the trace because he didn't know how to do it.
      Last edited by SaxySullivan; June 19, 2009, 02:09:52 PM. Reason: addition
      2 Saxy 4 u 2 Handel...

Comment

NitaKit all the way

Harry might cast immobulus or stupefy, but Nita will SHIELD THEMSELVES.... so SIMPLE!! I agree, HP is completely unrealistic while YW makes WAYYYYY more sense... you actually believe it even after you read it, and Harry does just seem to always be lucky. I can perfectly well understand why it took thirty or so publishers until someone would publish HP. It's so dumb.

Comment

dairine and the mobiles too

Plus, even if Nita and Kit were losing (sacrilege!! unreality!! *plug ears and make face*) Dairine and the mobiles would *ahem* OBVIOUSLY wring Harry's neck. (Sorry, it sounds weak, I know there isn't strong enough language to describe what they'd do to him, or to describe how I strongly I feel about YW vs. HP. I feel like punching someone whenever I think about the possibility of Nita and kIt even meeting Harry. Harry comes from a lowdown and dumb universe. Ugh.) *chokes with anger* (and rage and fury.. etc.)

Comment

Though it sickens me to say it, Hp would win.

YW is the better series by far, I agree. The problem is that all HP has to do is yell something in Latin and the YW cease to exist.

By the way~ It doesn't matter how they got into the situation of a magic fight, just go with it!

Comment

Originally posted by On_Erranty View Post
              The problem is that all HP has to do is yell something in Latin and the YW cease to exist.
              The unstoppable nature of that curse is one of the biggest weaknesses of the Potter universe. I think even JKR realised she made a mistake on that because in later books the unstoppability seems to waver, with a few characters managing to avoid one directed at them, or diverting ones directed at others.
              -- Rick.

Comment

Nita + Kit

Neets and Kit would totally win.

Mainly for the reasons that everyone else has mentioned. But also for two other pretty important reasons:

----Nita and Kit have more than a 5th grade education. They still go to school and deal with their wizardry. Harry and the gang starting going to Hogwarts when they were 11. I'm seeing much math class (besides with Hermione) in the Hogwarts criteria.

----Nita has the SPIRIT OF WIZARDRY in her head.

oh, and one more:

---Kit's old dog is currently The One (of dogs)

Ah, this post has pained me....after all for years I was the biggest HP dork in history xD

Comment

I think Nita and Kit would win since the funny thing is, the HP wands are made of wood, so made of trees which Nita can talk to. She could be all "Did you really think the trees that protected us all those eons ago really want to be used like that?" And the wand would fail so no more HP magic.

Secondly, if that doesn't work, Nita and Kit got so good at putting up shield wizardy I think they could put it up before a stupify went off and protect them since how it makes things explode if it misses I think that most barrier wizardy would work.

Lastly, Kit could borrow Mela's 'curling iron'
                  My Young Wizard's RP Forum

Comment

The iron pwns all

Originally posted by Durriken View Post
                    I think Nita and Kit would win since the funny thing is, the HP wands are made of wood, so made of trees which Nita can talk to. She could be all "Did you really think the trees that protected us all those eons ago really want to be used like that?" And the wand would fail so no more HP magic.

Lastly, Kit could borrow Mela's 'curling iron'
                    Exactly. Mela's curling iron would pwn Ron and Hermione, then Nita would talk all of their wands out of commission.

Comment

Why would they be fighting to begin with??

Because I must say that would be a factor. Their motivations would be another one.. I think I wouldn't be sure about the outcome of this fight. Of course the One's Champion could drop in and be like, "Dai, ya'll. The fightin must cease." Or something more umm official??
                      Though I must say the YW line of wizardry has always struck me as more.... realistic.
                      Dai,
                      elz
                      I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
                      -Nita

Comment

Well, see, Nita and Kit have to use their own personal power, when all Harry would have to do is wave his wand. But then Nita has Bobo, she wouldn't have to think up a spell. All in all, I think Nita and Kit would react faster, and beat up Harry in a minute.
                        KIT IS AWESOME!

Comment

Na Na Na Na Na Naaaaaa....(Star Wars)

There're just a few teensy problems in some of the theories...

Nita couldn't talk Harry's wand out of working. It's a tool used to channel Harry's magical ability. It would be like Kit convincing a screw driver not to work. You can convince things not to power, but I doubt Nita or Kit could convince a wand not to fulfill its duty. Even if they could be affected so, there would be no adequate reason for Harry's wand to even listen (The wand chooses the wizard, so there's a bond that exists).

There's really no telling, as well, whether or not Nita/Kit's shield would be able to repel a spell. Most of their shields are set up to deflect physical matter or energy, while an HP spell appears to be light-based but different.

I believe that, if N/K were to meet HP and they had a conflict right then, Harry would win. Nita and Kit would first attempt to shield themselves and warn Harry that he was acting against the powers and to cease. Even if they had attack spells ready to go (and I agree their spells would probably rip Harry to shreds, though this depends on whether or not a Protego [HP shield charm] stops YW wizardry) they wouldn't start off by using them.

Who would win? It's all circumstantial. It has to do with whether or not the HP brand of magic and the YW brand work against each other, and whether or not Kit and Nita are allowed to kill Harry outright. Nita and Kit have alot of power, but unlike Harry, they also have restrictions. Harry can effectively shield himself, stun others, kill others, and teleport (AKA Apparate) with little or no energy penalty.

Comment

In the second it takes to erect a shield even a person with a handgun could kill them both. I've changed my mind on this. I can't imagine HP and Nita getting into a conflict. But, Just suppose they do, HP wins if it is a sudden attack. Nita wins if it is not.

Comment

Nita or Kit, hands down.

Reason:

Assuming the events of the series from book 1-9 take place in about a year's time, that means both Nita and Kit are way more battle-tested than Harry ever was. Compact Harry's experiences in seven years, and you have roughly what Kit and Nita had to deal with in one year.

Put Dairine at her best against any wizard ever written and Dairine would still win without even a thought. She stalemated with the Lone One just with defense.

Bob

Comment

2 vs 1 isn't very fair so maybe Harry and Hermoine versus Nita and Kit, although I can't imagine them getting into conflict with each other. I can imagine their meeting however to be something like this:

Harry/Hermione/Nita/Kit: "Holy crap you guys actually exist?!"

However; if they were to get into conflict by some strange reason the battle would probably one where Harry and Kit trying to blow each other up while Nita and Hermione attempt to research each other to death.

Comment

Working...
                                X