No announcement yet.

Harry Potter vs. Nita and Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one of those sadistic creeps that put down "they'll all die!" Just kidding...

I really have no idea who'd win. Nita and Nit have their magic (which I think is waaay cooler than Harry Potter magic, must admit), but than Harry has his magic too. It really seems like Nita and Kit's magic is stronger, but I don't want to underestimate Harry, and it's not like he doesn't know how to put up a fight. I really must say... that I'm not sure... so therefore it's a draw. They tie.

Comment

They're all good guys! They wouldn't fight each other!
      It's an interesting question, and there would be some differences to work out before such a battle could take place.

Universe : The universe of HP and that of YW, especially pertaining to how magic works are different. The HP universe seems to specialize in canned spells, that is using one or two word phrases to cast a spell someone else put together. In YW the wizards are free to customize spells, and tinker, to understand what's going on behind the scenes. Still, if you assume the HP spells are just pre-defined YW spells (perhaps woven into the wands), the universes could be compatable enough for a battle.

Motivation : Why would they fight? This one's a little easier to imagine, the Lone Power is crafty, and from one side or the other he could surely corrupt some into fighting for his side.

Since this is fiction, and the YW wizardry is given to good wizards to fight entropy, that would imply the HP wizards were the evil ones to be battled. Good almost always ends up winning, in the end, even if by a slim margin.
      -Positronic Cat
      (I have sat between the great lion statues, hoping for a glimpse of the future.)

Comment

humph. i think hp's ok, but neets and kit so outrate him. and besides, it would never work to put their univeres together. ever seen that episode of both jimmy neutron and fairly odd parents? sucks!!
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

posicat said:
          Motivation : Why would they fight? This one's a little easier to imagine, the Lone Power is crafty, and from one side or the other he could surely corrupt some into fighting for his side.

Since this is fiction, and the YW wizardry is given to good wizards to fight entropy, that would imply the HP wizards were the evil ones to be battled. Good almost always ends up winning, in the end, even if by a slim margin.
          well, it could be even simpler then that. (which is good because that would mean that nita and kit or harry potter got corrupted.) The LP could have simply tricked one, or both, of them into thinking the other one is evil.
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Nita and Kit will win. It's not that I don't like Harry Potter, because I do, and I'm fairly obsessed. Still, YW is somehow more important because it's more like the real world. Except the fact that in YW there's wizardry, it's not something that there's just an endless amount of like in HP. In YW, everything has a price, so it's not as trivial.

Comment

Well, its hard to say... I'm a huge fan of both HP and YW, but I'd say that most likely HP would win. HP's spells are only one or two words, and nita and kits are-unless they're ready made- paragraphs long. Evan the ready made ones can take a while- to decide which one, etc. I still Love the young wizards though!!!
              There's no place like home, there's no place like home... Exept the Library!

Comment

I will not say who will win or why! because it would take too long to explainbut be realistic ppl who win and why they would fight.

also will someone please start a place to post ro see what would happen if LP and Vodamort(or

however you spell it) worked together.

Comment

Well, you can't really gauge them against each other. I mean, even though they're both about wizards, they're completely different.

In the same way, the Lone Power and Voldemort are two totally different bad guys (I think they'd kill each other before too long...assuming powers can die.

Comment

The YW far exceeds HP in every possible way. More immature people may prefer HP, but any smart person can see that YW is better.

Comment

hey! I love HP and I am not immature! *wanders off to play with her Furby*

(seriously though, you can't really compare the two, they're two completely different styles of writing. I find the ability to enjoy two books without constantly trying to compare them and decide which is better very mature.)
                      "In the contemporary world where things fall apart and the center will not hold, you have to imagine a community where there is no center." - John Green

Comment

Well, I once started to read HP, but read a couple pages, then got bored. DD hooks you right in, and keeps the reader's attention I'm not saying that JK Rowlings (or however you spell it) doesn't, I just haven't been interested enough to read her books. I love YW, and I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Well, I think it would be Nita and Kit who would win....duh! I haven't read Harry Potter, though, so I guess I shouldn't be takling. But, I HAVE seen most of the movies... Neets and Kit should have a movie! Ok, anyway, in HP, there isn't prices to pay for wizardry, and the spells are a lot shorter to say, like on a short notice when someone decides to attack you. On the other hand... in YW, you can prepare a spell in the back of your mind, and have it for later when you can say the last word. Also, YW has a universal (and beyond)languange, which can be used to talk to any wizard, or anyone who knows it. In HP, you become a wizard (or witch) because your parents were. In YW, you get chosen be the powers that be, which I think is better. Plus, in HP, it is just more fantasy and less likely to ever happen. YW takes place in pretty much modern world, and it makes you wonder if there really are wizards out there.

Merged two posts - Peter

Comment

Oddly, I don't find that DD's books hook me in. It always takes me several pages to really get into any of her books the first time I read it, and I have no idea why. But they've always been worth continuing with anyway.

Um, and back to the topic: this is the YW forum, so Nita and Kit would win . Besides, they outnumber Harry, unless he brings his friends.
                          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

PM DON'T BE HATIN' ON HARRY!!
                            Well any ways it would be a tie because nita and kit woulgd run out of power. And harry would just tyred of blocking plus the question is why would they be figthing.
                            but there sould be a board saying what would happen if LP and Volamort( or however you spell it) worked together.

CountryMusic!!!

Comment

Cf, you're joking, right? PM is one of the biggest HP fans I know!

My big question would be: why would they fight each other? I figure they'd all be friends--especially Nita and Hermione.

(and why am I reminded of a three-week long USENET rec.arts.sf endless debate about "Who'd win--the Enterprise? Or the Death Star?"...)
                              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Sorry bout that PM didn't know and yes I am cracy about harry potter.
                                posted by kli6
                                I figure they'd all be friends--especially Nita and Hermione.
                                well of couse they'd be friends they're the only girls in their group. but LP could overshawod one of them or be a avatoir of one of one of the ppl. they could try to get LP out but that would be hard to get that done.

Country Music!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X