No announcement yet.

Harry Potter vs. Nita and Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it depends on what the terms of fighting were. Harry Potter could win if it was a "you dont get any time to prepare just fight now" because all he has to do is wave a wand. Nita and Kit would win given a little time to prepare something. It also depends on what kind of fight and why they were fighting.

Comment

It's so hard to say, because the brands of magic are so different.

I think it would probably be Nita and Kit, only because it seems like their magic is more geared for battle - they have more options for shielding, bigger attacks, etc.

I love HP and YW dearly and it's hard to say which I like more. Ultimately, I think the first YW book is nearer to my heart, but I still love HP to death.
      And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
      Fell from the sky like rain
      Upon my soul; which, watered well,
      Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
      Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

nita and kit no question about it.but if they each had to face him alone,well it may be a tie,well..not really i still think that nita and kit would win .i mean if we bended reallity a little,nita and kit's magic might acually be able to work,but in harrys case we'd have to bend reallity a whole lot more,i mean wed have to create a hole nother speces of people who had the magic in thier blood so nita and kit's way would be whole lot more dependable....so ha harry potter

~~~mousewashere~~~
        99 percent evil,1 percent brain that is soooo me
        rule #1532 of life: dont sell your soul on ebay!- YW chat
        www.artgrounds.com
        goooo thereeeeeeee D:<

Comment

I just noticed that this topic was in Forthcoming Books, when it made more sense to have it in Chatter II. So I moved it.

Um, to say something on topic, the Lone Power invented death, and Voldemort is just desperately trying to avoid his own death while causing as many other deaths as he can. In Discworld terms, that's as if he's trying to buy off Death with other people. (And, in Discworld, that wouldn't work anyway.)
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Ok guys heres the deal i voted on who i know would win not who i think would. heres my list
            Harry has unlimeted energy. nita and kit don't

Harry has a fancy yet breakable wand that is only an instrument not a weapon. nita and kit have sticks and rods that don't require more than one activation incantion.

Harry can talk to snakes. Nita and Kit can talk to ALL animals.

Harry can do a spell in a second. It takes Kit and Nita a while to get all the materials.

Harry is not bound by any oaths he's only a boy and can kill if he needs too (not that he would want to).but Kit and nita are bound by their oaths.

harry went to a school of magic and is a fully trained wizard. Kit and nita have learned alot on their own but still just don't have his expierience.

Check the list as always i'm not deciding for you. You choose who you think the victor of this battle will be.
            It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
            That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

If you take that list and give a point to each side for the ones they have the advantage on, you get:

Harry: 3
              Nita and Kit: 3

Still, even though it's a tie, that's because I put Harry as the winner of the point on instant spells versus spells that take time. However, Nita and Kit can do spells instantly too, if they have the partials spells ready to go. Then all they have to say are a couple syllables. Harry, on the other hand, has to wave his wand and say his spells, which are longer than two syllables, and hard to say too. (of course, Harry's been saying them longer than us, so they're more instantanious to him) So really, Nita and Kit should get that point.

H: 2
              N&K: 4

Not to mention a couple tidbits you left out.
              1) Nita and Kit can talk to each other mentally. That means they have a greater advantage in tactics.
              2) The young wizards can talk to and affect inanimate objects. Harry can throw them.
              3) Nita and Kit have the advantage in numbers.

These all give points to the YWs, leaving us with:

Harry: 2
              Nita and Kit: 7
              "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

actualy harry can

1) establish mental links just like he acidently does with voldemort he just has to control them.

2) in the 7th book harry can do spells perfectly well without waving his wand or using words, he only usualy does it out of habit.

3) harry has kit and nita out numbered(as if he'd go anywere without hermione and ron) and frankly hermione should count as more than one person with her neer infinte knowledge
                It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.

Comment

Well, even with Ron and Hermione, you could say that Nita and Kit's group include Dairine, who's probably smarter than Hermione. And if Dari's involved, Spot's in, and he's sentient too. So all in all, if you go by inseparable groups, then The YWs still out number Harry.
                  "at least i thought it was a wall. It sure felt like one. It was hard, it was flat. It stretched out on either side of me. You know... wall." -Bobby Pendragon

Comment

if ur bringing in relatives then ginny will come to harry's rescue and i don't think even daraine would want to be at the end of one of her hex's. and of course were there is ginny there are fred and george who also probably could have been strait A students had they cared for tests. their mastery of wizardry completely befundeled me in harry's escape from private drive in the 7th book.

Comment

This is kind of intimidating... But I personally think Nita and Kit would win. What with the whole idea that Neets and Kit's wizardry works _with_ the universe, and Harry's just works in it... I don't know, that's how I've always separated the two kinds of wizardry in my mind... That and HP does magic, Nita and Kit _don't_ as Neets clearly elaborated to her mother in... I don't know what book. Or was it her dad? Both? Oh I need to do a couple of rereads. *is sheepish*
                      Then again Harry does have the whole rapid fire thing going for him, but it would seem that Nita or Kit could just absorb, deflect, or shield themselves from his spells. Someone made the point that Harry could just say Aveda... can't spell and thats a hair product company... "A.K", and they'd be through... I'd like to point out that Nita took killing blows from the LP in HW. True it took years off her life but the fact that she stood up to such a powerful force, "A.K" would be pretty easy for them to handle.
                      I'm biased though, since I'm not too happy with HP and J.K Rowlings (sp) writing.

On another note...
                      I think that if the LP and Voldemort were to ever meet, Voldemort would probably try to kill the LP out of anger and jealousy, and then the LP would squash him like a bug. Because really, this is the _creator of death_, and he just wouldn't seem to be susceptible to 'magic.' I think the reason why YW wizards are a match for him is because they use the universe, and not even the LP is outside of that.

Fighting aside I think that if Nita, Kit, and Harry met they'd be friends... Though Ronan would probably pitch a fit at how "easy" the HPers have it... He wasn't even happy when he learned that Nita got a book for her manual.

Comment

interesting theries. And i think your absolutely right about the whole voldemort vs. Starsnuffer thing. riddle would get squashed. like a bug. but about the absorbing of power the HPers could do that too.

Comment

I think... Nita and Kit!
                          HP is god but I think it's getting a little to popular.
                          the movies are real good and JK Rowling's wrighting is god to, but I like since fiction/fantasy and YW gives me just that.
                          Life is short, eat dessert first!

Comment

If hp is a God then how can it be to popular??? i think in popularity they're pretty equal

Comment

Unfortunatly I don't think YW is as popular as HP... otherwise there would be thousands more members in here and millions of messages LOL ... like at the Leaky Lounge...

But if there were some YW movies we might start catching up because evrybody would find out how awesome YW is so come on DD make a movie!

Comment

Originally posted by alla View Post
                                One of the series is well written, and the other is, well... written.
                                Ahahaha... If you were meaning that YW is the well written one, than I agree with and love that statement...

In a battle between Nita and Kit, and Harry and someone else (Ron, or Hermione), I believe that if Nita and Kit had their shields up, they would win. If they didn't... I dunno. Maybe they're resistant to that type of magic. Would they be affected at all? Or could it actually hurt them? Who knows.

Why Harry and Nita and Kit would fight at all is a good subject to think of, also... Is there some underlying reason? Does one of them work for a dark Power (Voldemort, The Lone One) ? Was there a misunderstanding?

Um... Why are we even talking about this? Haha, it's a funny subject, but...
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X