No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite book would have to be ... mmmuuummm .... WA ... no... mmmmummm... I don't know... all books are my favorite exept boring old non-fiction which is may I say the most boring genre there is but I like historical-fiction.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
    *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
    *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
    *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
    *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
    *Many have come and go

Comment

• My personal favourite at the moment is "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. It was REALLY REALLY REALLY good!

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• I read that!!!

Aurie, I thought Ender's Game was really good, too. It was. But I can't remember much of it now because it was so long ago that I read it.

Artemis Fowl! That was really good too. I like that author. The Wish List was great. Same author. Anyone else have opinion on this one?

Oh god, the Abroad members have heard from me about my librarian. She's awful! But (snort) I thought this was funny.

"Oh, and here is... Eoin Colfer by Artemis Fowl."

I was about to laugh so hard. I didn't, of course, because she is such a GRRR. Good news! She's leaving next week and won't come back til a while.

-MaThFrEaK
        "Hehehe. You smell funny."
        "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
        "Izza mousey!"
        ~Gryphon~
        Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I didn't like Artemis Fowl books I thought that they were a little low for my reading level but they were OK for younger kids they were intresting but just not my style.

*Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
          *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
          *Life is a book, all thats good is when one is in suspense-Devin
          *Many have come and go

Comment

• I didn't read Ender's Game. I read Ender's Shadow wich is the same story told by Beans.
            I read 2 and a half books of Artemis Fowl. (The latter half being read while waiting for Harry Potter 5 at one in the morning) And I kinda liked them but not so much. I prefer Jk Rowling, JRR Tolkien or Philip Pullman myself.

And the oscar goes to...The Lord of The Rings!!!
            Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Too young? Bah! Their still good...

J.K. Rowling... After finishing the 5th book, I went back and reread the whole series. You can see how she improves from book to book. The first book... same author, but it's so much different! And then the fith, that one was great.

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkein was pretty good; I like it a lot. I dunno why, but I just couldn't sink into Lord of the Rings. It's funny how that works out.

Ender's Shadow is the same thing as Ender's Game...? Weird...

Has anyone read Eragon? I've heard a lot of good things about it. I have a copy of it myself, but I haven't actually read it yet. It said BOOK ONE in the front, so I freaked. I wasn't ready for a long series just then b/c it was right after I read Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn. I think the author was like 17 when he wrote that.

-MaThFrEaK
              "What's a solar system? Am I a solar system?"
              ~Gryphon~
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• I read Eragon. It's okay...

I'm reading Shogun by James Clavell. For my ISU. It's not fun, mostly because I have to write responses to it.... ><

You can never be too old to read some books.

Comment

• Think I said this before, but I don't really like Eragon. Cliche plot, characters that are hardly engaging, and a style that does nothing to redeem the book.
                  I read Artemis Fowl...but honestly, the only reason I finished the book was because I was on a plane and bored out of my mind. Never fly NorthWest. Especially not on 24-hour flights.
                  Eep. Another of Poot's qualities--inspiring completely unsolicited randomness. I blame it all on the Blue Demon.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                  -- (Terry Pratchett, The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents)
                  My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
                  OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                  --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                    "I could live

Comment

• Well, I only got caught up in the fandomness after OotP came out...so I'm still obsessed.
                      Guess what? I'm 68.2% obsessed with Harry Potter! I took about a million tests and averaged them out.

The important thing about adventures, thought Mr Bunnsy, was that they shouldn't be so long as to make you miss mealtimes.
                      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
                      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I think the movies really ruined Harry Potter. I mean, c'mon! They weren't that great and they did nothing to help the bopoks. And because of the movies, everyone knows about it. Now school influence. People will pick on you if you're reading harry Potter. Or if you like it, or mention, or ect... It's pathetic. I completely agree with Agent M about Harry Potter. It's ruined!

Have any of you read the Outsiders by SE Hinton? I dunno if it was brought up in this topic or not, but it rules! OMG, I love that book. First one I ever cried to.

Heh. I didn't cry for Dilema. More like shock.

-MaThFrEaK
                        "What's a solar system? Am I a solar system?"
                        ~Gryphon~

Comment

• I love Harry Potter but I didn't like a lot of the parts from 500 page forward of the fifth book. Harry does everything wrong, gets his godfather (and might I say my favorite character) killed, gets all of his friends almost killed and on the end of the book he doesn't even says he's sorry!

Honestly I don't know what happened to the author, but something did because me and a lot of other people I know hated almost half of the last book.

And the oscar goes to...The Lord of The Rings!!!
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

• Yeah, well, Harry was going through some fifteen-year-old angst. Cut the guy some slack...a scary evil bald guy's been trying to kill him every year, he lives with the Dursleys, the girl he was crushing on turns out to be a brat, and he's undergoing a twisted kind of peer pressure every moment he's awake.
                              Padfoot snuffing it ('snuffing.' hehe, get it? 'snuffles'--'snuffing.' hehe. um...yeah. not funny. shutting up now.) was a Necessary Plot Device. And I applaud JKR for putting it in. Not that I wanted him to die, but I think it was important.

--Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I agree with ppc... Whose name is Amber... I think. I really should learn this. ^^''

Fifteen year old angst. I go through a lot of that. ^^'' I don't think I ever really recovered from last year... ^^ Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall, confusing what is real... Yeah. ^^ Anyway, since last year, I tend to cry myself to sleep around once a week... Sometimes more. I cry a lot more than I used to... I dunno why I'm saying this anymore.... Other than I'm fifteen and I'm angst-ing. Yep. I remember two things my friend Alastair told me, the last time I saw him... I broke down in tears?

Him-"All things are retrievable- well, except innocence."
                                Me- "How am I not innocent?"
                                Him-"You've suffered."

I'm only smart. He's wise.

"There is a difference between pain and suffering. Pain is what your body feels. Suffering is what you make your body feel."

He's so wise... *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X