No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to read Eye of the World, still trying. lol. I WILL READ IT!!!! The Merlin Conspiracy.... Roddy is really boring... *falls asleep* BUT I WILL FINISH THIS ONE TOO... after I've renewed it from the library... But the Chrestomaci books rocked! YES CHANI!!! HDM ROCKS!!! Wow... lots of people have changed their avies... Ooh... House of the Scorpian was good too... What's The Tattooed Map about?
    "I have Tithe, haven't read it though, and after that weird beggining I'll have to be REALLY bored to read it" NO! Weird books are good especially Tithe Diego!!!!! Even if it has like 20 swear words on each page... And for anyone who's read Tithe, the next one is called... I think Ironrod.. Iron something. But it doesn't come out till 2006!!!! NOT FAIR!!!! *grumbles*
    And Gryphon, the guy who wrote Crusader and Tangerine has another book, Story Time. It's pretty good, but not as good as Crusader. BTW, THANK YOU for making me read it!! It was good!
    *huggles everyone* I'm so happy to be back....
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• I haven't read any of those books. I just finished Kushiel's Dart, which was really good, but really graphic and disgusting, and The Robin and the Kestrel, which was OK, but not amazing. O'm starting another luvverly Terry Pratchett though.
      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
      I promise not to funfun anymore
      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Cress, love Pratchett. Cannot wait for Going Postal (the next one) to get here.

M, I have tried to read Eye of the World about seven times, and I've just decided I'm never going to get into the Wheel of Time. (sigh). Just not my cuppa. They say that GRRM and Jordan fans are often opposed, so you might wanna try the Song of Ice and Fire series, if you're up for bloody sword battles, court intrigue, fantasy with an historical epic feel, and really high page counts. A Game of Thrones is the first book.

Love the court stuff Martin writes, with all the family alliances and houses. Very good reading--the kind of books that follow you around in your head the rest of the day.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Right now I'm reading Secret Country. I'm getting a bit confused, but it's a good book. I've got so many books I need to read that I've bought, but I keep getting more books at the library.
          <3
          the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• ooooo. Secret Country!. Good shtuff. And I got lost in it, too, but didn't really mind. Pamela Dean is cool people. If you ever meet her, be sure to say hi and ask for her autograph. She's kind of shy and it's fun to watch her blush and be happy that someone asked.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I tried to read the Secret Country books... they were okay but a little confusing and not exactly my kinda book... But Pamela Dean did come here a few months ago.... That's why I started to read the books. Or the first one I should say.. heh heh.
              *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

• Secret Country was good? I have those books. I started them, but them put it down. Maybe I should try reading them again. I probably couldn't get into it because it was a "modern real kid meets made-up fantasy world."

OMG, Tithe and Crusader are both books you MUST [ack, I typoed that into MUDY] read! Crusader especially. The beginning of Tithe feels really dark. Dark Mirror by Nancy Werlin is a book I just read. It's really dark, but it's good.
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• The Secret Country trilogy is outstanding, but yes, a little difficult; the fourthish book in the set, The Dubious Hills--now, that's hard. But very rewarding. She's working on another.

Her Tam Lin and Juniper, Gentian and Rosemary are also marvelous, particularly if one is into reading as a passion.

Comment

• Ah, ok. I'm kinda piled down with books right now. M, you'll be so happy. I'm going to read Timeline. I got it hardcover for two bucks at a book sale. And I didn't even have to buy it, my mom said since it was a book, she'd get it for me. Sweetness.

Comment

• Yes! Timeline is GOOD!!! And I know how much you'll rant when you compare it with the movie... DEATH TO HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!! Ooh! Lucky! You're mom buys your books? My mom stopped buying me books when I was 10 cuz I read too much and she didn't trust me with a library card, she gave me an allowence instead.
                      All of Tithe is dark, not just the beginning. lol.
                      *Agent~M*
                      "I could live

Comment

• Okay, just to let anyone know I've got a list of books that are coming out in the next few months, if anyone wants to know when a sequel to something is coming out, tell me, I'm bored and I love looking up stuff
                        The Golum's Eye (sequel to The Amulet of Samarkand) Sept.1
                        Days of Magic, Nights of War (sequel to Abarat) Oct.1
                        The Purple Emperor (sequel to Faerie Wars) Oct.4
                        And The Key by Marianne Curley was SUPPOSED to come out around the beginning of August and if ANYONE knows when it's coming out, PLEASE TELL ME!!!
                        *Agent~M*
                        "I could live

Comment

• I changed my mind, The Golum's Eye is already out *happy*
                          *Agent~M*
                          "I could live

Comment

• Well, my mom doesn't normally just go out and by me whatever books I want. Only if we find a used book sale or something really good like that. And M, whoever said I would see the movie? If u hate it so much that doesn't give me much incentive to want to see it.

Comment

• Finally started up the Princess Diaries series... have read the first 2. They are so funny and I like what the author has done with the story line... almost more than the movie.. it is very interesting and funny!

Haven't gotten back to Philip Pullman yet... haven't been wanting a headache.
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• OMG I do not like the princess diaries movies. They're so much different than the book that the characters are not even the same! The grandma, dad, tina, micheal...all the main characters are not or not the same in the movie and it's not fair!
                                (I guess they made the dad die becuase disney couldn't stand someone having CANCER on their show...ecspecially a certain kind of cancer...*lol*)
                                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X