Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first line on the 46th page of the book closest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms"

Umm...yeah. It's a cookbook. Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special.
    "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• lol estar. I love doing this...

"While I still kept the form of bones and flesh
      My mother gave to me, my mortal deeds
      Were those not of the lion, but of the fox."

-Dante's Divine Comedy, Canto 27

Comment

• I have two sitting on my pillow currently.

"It was short, since we only had fifteen minutes left, and I strolled up and began to load my plate with french fries and some rounded, bite-size objects that looked vaguely like chicken nuggets. Lissa only grabbed a yogurt." Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

and

"To
        William Godwin,
        Author of Political Justice, Caleb Willams,
        &
        These volumes
        Are respectfully inscribed
        by
        the author."
        Frankenstein, original 1818 text, Mary Shelley
        I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
        Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
        ~Book junkie~

Comment

• Yay! I'm gonna do this again!

Umm...wait. There are no words on the page. There is a picture of a bear in a refrigerator. Lemme try the next book...

It's Hoot

"Then he walked to the other side of the cafeteria and sat down, alone, to eat his lunch."

Eh, not very exciting.
          "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

• First line.

Wow. The book closest to me is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The first line clearly just says,"Boom. They knocked again. Dudley jerked awake." Not very interesting... Wish it were better....
            "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

• "If you're having a tough time, so did we."

It's a book about how to make friendship bracelets. Random.

Comment

• Ah ha! I finally have an interesting book nearby:

"Okay," Carmela said with a sigh, as Nita sat down on the edge of the tub to put on her sneakers.
                -C'mon, just guess :P. Okay, fine: AWoM.

I don't think that needs to be spoiler'd, right? Other than OMG NEITHER NITA NOR CARMELA ARE DEAD BY THE 46TH PAGE WOW.

Ahem. Anyway.

Comment

• Oh dear, I may spoilerize myself since I haven't actually reached page 46 yet. But oh well, it's a game!

Those further orders had come on Saturday night, with designated aid stations to be opened the next morning to issue food, water, and medication.
                  - Lord Sunday by Garth Nix

Oh dear. It looks like the hospital did get nuked or some such. :/

Comment

• Wow, a plethora of books

I'm sitting next to a stack of books. I can't decided with one would be closer, so I'm going to just pick one.

...she stared at Phillipa's taut face, Annabelle realized that her own facade was very nearly as world-weary...

~from Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas
                    Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• "Right. Where the FBI office is."

I don't even know who says this. Hang on... Wait, it's Seeley Booth. Had to flip back a page to see the order of speakers. Bones: Buried Deep by Max Allan Collins featuring the character created by Kathy Reichs, so basically it's the novel version of the TV version of the novels written by Kathy Reichs, if that makes any sense at all.
                      ~Book junkie~

Comment

• Color me shocked

Originally posted by crazy_bookworm View Post

Bones: Buried Deep by Max Allan Collins featuring the character created by Kathy Reichs, so basically it's the novel version of the TV version of the novels written by Kathy Reichs, if that makes any sense at all.
                        There are Bones books? Really? I had no idea. That's so cool! I may have to look that up. Which section of the bookstore are they in?
                        Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• I don't know which section of the bookstore they're in, as I found it in a grocery store, but I would assume the mystery section. Either that or the general fiction area. There's only the one, though, as far as I can tell.

To keep on topic: "Vlad glanced back at Henry, who looked to be sharing a secret with Stephanie's sister." Ninth Grade Slays by Heather Brewer.
                          ~Book junkie~

Comment

• "shiny black hair fell over her dark T-shirt. She wore black jeans and hiking boots"
                            -Avalon Circles in the Stream
                            by Rachel Roberts

...............this girl has good looks
                            Last edited by kit13579; June 7, 2010, 07:45:51 PM.
                            "Four for you Glenn Cocoa, you go Glenn Cocoa!" : Damian Mean Girls

Comment

• "Principe, principito,
                              rodaballo, pececito,
                              mi querida Isabel
                              no quiere lo mismo
                              que quiero yo."
                              Mis cuentos preferidos de los hermanos Grimm.

I haven't actually read this story yet. I was practicing Spanish, what can I say? Translation by yo: Prince, petty prince, / flounder, small fish / my dear Isabel / doesn't want the same / as what I want.

That doesn't seem to bode well...

Comment

• The Book

The first line on the 46th page of the book closest to me is , " Work the math problems below to Find the right answers." Haha... i'm in school. They didn't block the site.
                                "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X