Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first line on the 46th page of the book closest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wel it is a new day and now the book by me is the li'l tea cup book (it tells how to make tea on the 46 page there it says "green tea is good for a bed night snack and for get to gethers."

Comment

• Geese and Swans in Flight
      --A Field Guide to the Birds East of the Rockies, by Roger Tory Peterson

That's from one of my mom's nature books. Since I feel like quoting a fiction book, too, I'm gonna go grab the closest thing from my bookshelf.

*gets up*

*comes back*

And the line is...
      Nita shuddered. "And now?"
      --SYWTBAW 20th Anniversary Edition
      -------------------
      "I found the pieces in my hand/They were always there/It just took some time for me to understand"

--Vertical Horizon, "I'm Still Here"

Comment

• <hutputText value="#{quiz.current.sequence}"/>

All of the books close to me at work are technical.

Comment

• The closest book to me is a dictionary... "antinovel - n. a fictional work that lacks traditional elements of the novel, such as coherent plot structure or realistic character development". Sounds like fluff to me

Comment

• "...wasn't like sunlight, and it wasn't like electric..." -The Chronicles of Narnia: The Magician's Nephew, C. S. Lewis

It's a great little prequel to "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" that explains how Narnia was created, where the White Witch came from, etc.

"Customizing Your Home City" -Age of Empires III User's Manual.
            "Ah, the substance that binds the universe together." -Tom Swale, about duct tape.
            "You are my friend!" -Mamvish

Comment

• "Well, Nissen was right," Catherine said. "No signs"- CSI: Killing Game.

I love the CSI books. Always entertaining.
              Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly- Neil Gaiman

Comment

• "Atomic Masses

One of the most useful concepts to come from Dalton's atomic theory is that atoms of an element have a constant, characteristic atomic mass (or atomic weight).

-Chemistry: The Study of Matter and Its Changes (Second Edition), Brady and Holum

Oh, IB chemistry, it's enough to bore anyone... especially organic chem...

Edit: not sure what "atmoic" mass is...

Comment

• Yeah, chem is definitely enough to bore me...

"The stars shimmered and wavered as if shivering with dread." -Robotech - The Macross Saga: Genesis, a cool sci-fi novel.
                  "Ah, the substance that binds the universe together." -Tom Swale, about duct tape.
                  "You are my friend!" -Mamvish

Comment

• "Mr. Weasley was looking around" -- Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling

Comment

• "He started to nod and stopped himself." -A Wizard Abroad
                      ---

And the moon is no dream...

Comment

• Last of all, they show district 12.
                        From The Hunger Games. Boring line, but a great book.
                        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                        -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                        -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

• but Tydeus slew every man of them, save only Maeon, whom he let go in obedience to heaven's omens.

The Iliad.

(Actually, that was the 47th page. The 46th was Tudeus men kai toisin aeikea potmon ephêke: pantas epephn, hena d' oion hiei oikon de neesthai: Maion ara proeêke theôn teraessi pithêsas.)
                          I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

• Ravens of Avalon

"Now all the shouting is silent and the wind plays a harp of bone"

from Marion Zimmer Bradley's Ravens of Avalon by Diana L. Paxon (latest book in series)

This was the ending of a song started on the previous page. These are really good books, (I have all of them and eagerly await the next one, due in December). MZB wrote The Mists of Avalon, as well as others, and corroborated with DP on several, and DP had Bradley's notes for the other ones, and continued with the series after Bradley's death with consent of her estate.
                            Highly recommended!

Comment

• "Lanie," she whispered, and her eyes flicked to Katsa's once again.
                              -Graceling by Kristen Cashore.

Wow, not a particularly action packed line for an action packed book. Excellent novel so far (I'm in the middle of reading it), I'd highly recommend it.

Comment

• Silly question. That other one must be deaf not to have heard Teleri yelling at him. And now I suppose you'll start scratching up the ground and invoking powers and ruining my collage. Well, let me tell you -)

SYWTBAW - page 46, actually first paragraph since I try to avoid one liners....
                                There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                                "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

Working...
                                X