Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first line on the 46th page of the book closest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickins around here are a little slim at the moment...

"Nextel Voice Mail"

or we can choose my textbook, Manheimer's Cataloging and Classification:

108 Rule 2.7b18 Contents -- Works by different authors
    "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
    "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• "left and spiraled gently down to the ground. The dragon back-" is the first line. It's from eragon. Well you said the first line!
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• "And that's not all. Them kids. The little 'uns. Who took any notice of 'em?"

From Lord of the Flies...bleh, stupid English class...
        "Ah, the substance that binds the universe together." -Tom Swale, about duct tape.
        "You are my friend!" -Mamvish

Comment

• Aw, I love Lord of the Flies. Great novel. Seriously, give it a chance.

(Then again, it's easy to hate books for school purely because they're, well, books for school and not for their actual content.)

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• Yeah, if I had decided to read it on my own, I would probably at least call it "okay," (it's not my kind of book, but it's not bad). Unfortunately, my English teacher is great at ruining books with too much analysis. We had a discussion about symbolism and things like that in the Harry Potter series, and I'll never be able to look at any of the books the same way again.

Thankfully, she hasn't found out about Young Wizards yet...
            "Ah, the substance that binds the universe together." -Tom Swale, about duct tape.

Comment

• "He won't be at home. His father kicked him out." --Mr. & Mrs. Bo Jo Jones

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">"into the kitchen. A second later there came a little"</span>--WAW, may be a spoiler...

"later on I shall be all the stronger. Who besides me will"-- Anne Frank, The Diary Of A Young Girl

"of a slowly roasting beneath the Louisiana sun was"--Body Work

"She was complying with the rules. Her dark curls were pulled"--Wanted

Heh, I keep books near me...XD They are my friends... They're everybodys friends...*evil grin*

Comment

• "The sun was brighter then the light around them"
                ^_^

Comment

• "'Tell her to go to H<span class="ev_code_WHITE">e double hockeysticks</span>.' 'I can't, I've got certain obligations to her.'" -The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

"Willfully eluding or fleeing a law enforcement officer." -seabiscuit's Digest of [her state's] Motor Vehicle Laws (driver's ed book)

I think I'd be good at willfully eluding and/or fleeing an officer of the law, don't you guys? Lol

Comment

• Interesting. I, on the other hand, love symbolism and analysis. That's why these boards are so great, I think--you can talk about your favorite books to your heart's content! But then again, I want to be an English teacher, so I suppose I shall have to like/get good at going at every book I see with analysis, so

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• "They could, and he couldn't, and how is that fair?" Pay it Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde

Comment

• Originally posted by Brittany:
                        It's not very hard, just grab the book nearest you and flip to the 46th page. Be sure to include both the book's title and author!

(BTW: Ironically, both time I participated in the other forum, a DD book was closest to me- first Dilemma, then To Visit the Queen. No, I'm not obcessed...)
                        Did I say that? I don't recall. And Spot headed of into the kitchen again.

Diane Duane, Wizards at War

Comment

• "...have taken us out if we'd failed any of them. The more money and..." --Catspaw, by Joan D. Vinge (great book by the way)

Comment

• ...with. "First rule: return everything to its proper shape if you can,...

~Sunshine, Robin McKinley
                            ------------------------------

Et meme si la route est bien longue a la fin,
                            Et meme si la doute nous fait serrer les poings
                            L'amour nous rassure, brise les murs d'incertitude...

Comment

• ummm... well the book that is near me is the life of a looser and how to survive and I founed the book how to potty train your puppy in the puppy book on the 46 page it states (Now scoop the poop up with a pooper scooper and throw it away... after that pat the dog on his head and say " good pup and give him a tummie yummy or some typ of dog treat.) you know what is weard I read this book inside "N" out and I can't poty train my puppy?
                              LOL
                              the 46 page for the looser book it ( "No not the
                              plunger!)

Comment

• The only thing resembling a book I have near me is my notebook for Cataloging class:
                                Chapter 3 -- Headings for persons and organizations". Ugh.

Directly behind me 6 feet is my bookshelf. A random selection is:
                                "The Rebbe chewed fiercely; I don't think he was aware of what he was doing. Not with his beard, at least."
                                Kushiel's Chosen -- Jacqueline Carey
                                "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                                "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

Working...
                                X