Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone watch 24?

Comment

• So, has anybody else taken a look at the list of pilots in development over at The Futon Critic website? It's an absolute hoot. It looks like most of the pitches were either 24-based or wedding-based or something. There's even a show called 21 Days where each episode is one day in the three weeks running up to a hastily planned wedding.

Aside from America's Next Muppet, I think that probably the most interesting show on the list is Aaron Sorkin's latest: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, where he goes back to his Sports Night roots, and does a show about folks making a tv show only this time, think Saturday Night Live not ESPN.

It's a lot of fun to see what might be coming down the pipe, and placing bets with yourself to see what will be announced as purchased at the TCAs and show up on the fall schedule.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Ok, is it just me, or was "School Reunion" the best new Doctor Who episode, ever? And how fun was it to see Sophia Myles go from playing Lady Penelope in Thunderbirds to Madame du Pompadour?

Oh, and the upfront announcements are this week. NBC went first. By Friday, we should know the entire Fall season schedule .
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I'm still quoting Mickey's line "Oh, my god. I'm the tin dog!" from "School Reunion".

Didn't see the Thunderbirds film, so she just was Madame du Pompadour for me. I don't think I've seen her in anything before.
          Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• I think it was K-9's "We are in a car!" that really got me in the episode. Ok, that and Sarah Jane's "THE Loch Ness Monster!!" I also enjoyed the Cybermen episode, but frankly, it makes me wish that the production crew had tackled Cybermen first, and Daleks second. The build up would have been much nicer.

Comment

• I suppose Russell T Davies really wanted to do Daleks, and knew he might only get one series/season of Doctor Who. There was that comment by him, saying that he had his excuses all ready to justify why the ratings were so low - and then he didn't need them.
              Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• So I've finally started TiVo-ing the new Doctor Who series for myself (well, okay, the first season with Eccleston, but that's all that's airing here in New England right now), and it's just WOW. Christopher Eccleston is an amazing Doctor, I am impressed beyond all reason. I really need to get ahold of some classic Who, though--I saw a few about a decade ago, and I remember barely any of it except for the few facts that I have reaquainted myself with via the internet.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any specific reccomendations for which Classic Who I should absolutely watch no matter what...my local indie video store only seems to have a reunion special, but I'm sure I could find other stuff pretty easily.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• Christmas wrote:
                  Hey, does anyone here watch American Idol? I love that show but i was so mad that Taylor won!!!!!Katharine was, IMHO, much better and more marketable than Taylor. But hey, that's just my opinion. What's yours?
                  [Christmas--sorry to lose your attribution on this one in the move! --kli.]

Comment

• Ive watched it a couple times before. Never realy got into it. I did see the finalle. Im kinda glad Taylor won. Katherines over the rainbw was good though. But serously if you want to have a show about singing cant we have some better music?
                    (\__/) "Be amazing"
                    (+'.'+)
                    (")_(")

Comment

• I watched American Idol, but I didn't see every episode this time. I liked it better last season. Anyways, I wanted Katharine to win. I love her voice. I mean, Taylor is talented, too, I just liked (I definitely typed "ilked". Wow. My brain is totally gone) her better. They'll both get their music careers, and who knows? Maybe she'll end up doing better than him. I derno.
                      <3
                      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• So, Rhia finally got a chance to see Doctor Who, which everyone's been going on about. (Sci-fi channel happened to have a marathon of 9th Doctor episodes while we were in Colorado, at my grandparents. Who have cable.) And now, well, I'm hooked. I absolutely love Christopher Eccleston and David Tennent is starting to grow on me as the 10th.

Not having cable does make me sad though. And no torrent-grabber either. So I'm stuck reading recaps and all that. Though theTelevision without Pity Who recapsare absolutely hilarious (even if Jacob does go on a bit about all that English major stuff. But he uses TARDIS as a verb, which makes me giggle madly).

As for other television, I'm not watching as much as I used to since WW went off the air. I record Numb3rs, for the sole and solitary reason of David Krumholtz and his wonderful, wacky grin. Still watching House because, well, Hugh Laurie and snark. ^_^

And CSI finally gave me (spoiler alert!) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">some Grissom and Sara lovin', though apparently it's this big controversy and TPTB will probably mess it up somehow, but for now, I'm good.</span>

Other than that, not watching much due to the fact that it's summer and not much good is on right now. Though I might watch Studio 60 when it materializes.
                        ---------------------------
                        ~
                        And we go on...

Comment

• Rhia, you might be interested in the 6-minute upfronts presentation of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on Youtube. It feels very much more West Wing than Sports Night.

Myself, I'm subsisting tv-wise on Miss Marple, Rosemary & Thyme, The Dead Zone, and The Closer. Luckily, Monk and Psych are coming up fast, there's that new Blade series, Weeds will be returning soonish, and BBC America is running through all the Sharpes so I can OD on Sean Bean. That and Live From Lincoln Center's taping of The Light in the Piazza.

I took a peep at Kyle XY, and it bored me silly.

Comment

• Bumpity bump.

So, what are the shows you're watching this season? I've picked up Heroes, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Dexter, The Nine, and Six Degrees to add to The Amazing Race 10, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls, Lost, Smallville, Battlestar Galactica, Masterpiece Theatre and Criminal Minds. I dropped Supernatural, Close to Home, and (finally) CSI.

Casanova on Masterpiece Theatre was particularly fun, given that it was written by Russell T. Davies and starred David Tennant.

I hear that Torchwood starts up on BBC3 on Oct. 22.

Comment

• I personally haven't been watching that much TV the past few weeks really. There are many shows I want to watch, but I don't want to spend the time watching them either. I would rather spend that time working on assignments that need to be finished.

However, I do drop everything to watch:

Heroes on NBC at 9:00 pm (Mondays)
                              and
                              LOST on ABC at 9:00 pm (Wednesdays)
                              "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

• heros, studio sixty, veronica mars, gilmore girls, boston legal, bones, justice, house when we have dvr back, everybody hates chris sometimes, smallvile, supernatural, ghost whisperer, and occasionally numbers...and runaway.
                                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                                X