No announcement yet.

Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i know... i hate that there is no more Heroes until next year. i love that show. i miss Lost, too. what's Ruby in the Smoke about?
    I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies. I have not got one who is a fool.--Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Read the book to get a better idea. It is excellent. Phillip Pullman is brilliant. (and if you're planning on reading that, also read his Sally Lockheart series as well...and threst of his books, too, for good measure. )

Actually, considering how many episodes I've missed of Heroes, it's good (for me) that there are no more new ones for awhile. This way I can catch up on the repeats.

I like Supernatural, but sometimes it's a little too gory for my taste. I'd prefer Veronica mars over that show any day.

-peri

Comment

• Looking through the Christmas TV listings for the UK, I see that Sword of Xanten, written by DD and Peter Morwood, is being shown in 2 parts on E4, on the 23rd and 24th.

And they're repeating Hogfather on Christmas Day and Boxing Day, which I didn't notice getting mentioned in the articles. Maybe I can manage to see it after all.
        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• Hero's rules, and so does veronica mars! and supernatural never really creeped me out....though occasionally, seing the comericals for the new episode, and not knowing what was going to happen did...i hate th e fact that the last new episode, they hooked you by giving you a cliffhanger, and making it look like the cliffhanger would be ended in this show, and then gave the SAME CLIFFHANGER IN THE SHOW, AND WON"T TELL US WHAT THE END IS UNTIL NEXT NEW EPISODE! *grumbles*
          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Hooray! The Masterpiece Theatre schedule is listing Ruby in the Smoke for Feburary 4th, 2007 (PBS. 9pm). (Sadly, they're also listing the Marc Warren Dracula. Ugh.)

And the BBC Press Release ends with:
            The Ruby In The Smoke will be followed by the second novel The Shadow In The North, which will transmit later in 2007.
            I'm guessing we may get the entire quartet!

---
            addendum: ooo! If you're a UK resident, the BBC website is having a drawing for four signed-by-Pullman copies of The Ruby in the Smoke. Too bad I'm not in the UK.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Any one watch Charmed?? Good show. How about Gilmore Gilrs?? WONDERFULL show!!! Lord.. its 12:53 midnight...ed time...
              Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

• I watch gilmore girls! and i DID watch charmed, but i've seen almost every episode at this point, so it's not as much fun as it used to be...
                I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• Corner Gas is my favourite- I've seen all the episodes to date. Gilmore Girls is good, too. For sci-fi, I like Stargate (both SG-1 and Atlantis) and Battlestar Galatica.
                  ~~~~Dani~~~~

Comment

• I'm glad to see that there are other Stargate Fans in here.... yes, so, my favorite shows...
                    Stargate SG-1
                    Stargate Atlantis
                    Doctor Who
                    Ghost Hunters
                    Mythbusters

yeah, I've met people from three of those shows (SG-1, SGA, and GH) and could have met someone off of Doctor Who, but...
                    -----------
                    "CHOCOLATE in heaven is hearing my CHILDREN'S LAUGHTER"
                    ~~ My mother. May 24, 1965- July 6, 2006

Comment

• I've just started watching Charmed. I watched bits and pieces of it when I was younger, but I never really knew what was happening. Now it's on for five hours straight every Monday, so I'm starting to get caught up. It's still a tad confusing because the 5 episodes they show aren't all consecutive, but they jump around in a storyline.
                      The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                      I promise not to funfun anymore
                      Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• charmed comes on on mondays for 5 hours thats soo cool. when does it come on??? what cannale and stuff thats like my favorite show of all time!!!! if you have questions i can realate alote that has happened exept for the last sesone i couldent watch most of it *sigh* but still tell me plz *beggs*
                        its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Right now, my favorite series is probably Heroes, but that's only because there was an amazing Bryan Fuller episode from two weeks ago ("Company Man"). When Bryan Fuller isn't writing, it's not my favorite series any more.

I also like Masterpiece Theatre, but because it's an anthology showcase, sometimes I love what they're showing, and sometimes I don't. I really enjoyed the Philip Pullman, though.

Gilmore Girls is still good, but I think it was better when it started out. Veronica Mars is a lot of fun, but again, stronger in its first and second seasons. I'm crazy about the Doctor Who and really looking forward to the third season. Also the new seasons of Life on Mars (BBC America) and Hustle (AMC).

And I'm loving a Canadian show called Slings & Arrows on Sundance Channel, which is about a repertory troupe of players at a Shakespearean festival (kind of like the Stratford festival). It's very funny, but it's definitely TV-14. This season everything revolves around a production of King Lear.

I'm still watching Battlestar Galactica and having fun with it, but every now and then they write things that make no sense, which annoys me. The Dresden Files are fun and very much like the Jim Butcher books, which is good, but it's definitely a B-rank show.

I'm sad about Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip getting axed. I like Sorkin's writing, and he still does some of the best dialogue in the business, even if he can't write sketch comedy.

Medium has disappointed me this season. I prefer when there's more stuff with the family and Joe, and not so much policey stuff.

I watch Criminal Minds, CSI, and Numb3rsp, but mostly as background noise while I'm doing other things. Rome on HBO has disintegrated into a mess of sex an violence that's disappointing, after the first series being so better written. But then, they couldn't keep John Milius around forever (sigh).

Smallville and Lost are just sort of habits, but vaguely enjoyable. I'm kind of happy about the hiatus, and a chance to see the rest of the in-the-can episodes of Six Degrees. Not sure I'll be watching Robin Hood (BBC America), but it looks silly enough to be as much fun as Covington Cross was lo these many moons ago.

Also, on my I'm-really-tired days, I find Postman Pat on HBO Family vaguely soothing, somehow.

I'm surprised at how very well the all-star forumla is working for The Amazing Race. I'm also hoping that Rob & Amber don't win and that Danny & Oswald do.

And you thought you watched a lot of television...
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• you have a lot of favs. but i do have to say for smallvile got really boring huh?. i never really liked gilmore girls.

what about reba. thats always good for a good laugh.

medium was fun it suckes because my dad wont let me stay up and watch it.

have you ever heard of farscape? that was a good show (i only watched about 3 episods though)
                            its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• I watched Reba for a while, and a couple episodes were pretty funny. The series finale aired recently, I think.

Farscape I've seen a lot more. I got into it after watching The Peacekeeper Wars, which was a sad ending to the series.

Didn't Jane Eyre play on Masterpiece Theatre, or am I thinking of something else? I watched that the other night (it was on DVD) and it was pretty good.
                              ~~~~Dani~~~~

Comment

• masterpice? that sounds familar. what is it about? did anyone watch the series finale for reba??? i missed to sad enough *sigh* i have watched it for so long and the fact that i missed it really sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X