Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snort.

Oh, yes, House is about as accurate with the medicine as CSIs are with the forensics. But I can't help thinking that guy was a rather naive viewer, taking everything sad at face value. Man's apparently never heard of subtext.

BTW, just saw an amazing piece on Bill Irwin on Great Performances. Definitely worth catching if you're stuck in a PBS pledge drive.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Just wanted to mention that the new year's going to bring a small wave of midseason returns and midseason replacements: <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Numb3rs <LI> Medium<LI> Tilt <LI> Point Pleasant<LI> Monk <LI> Alias[/list]
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Ahh... theh wonders of summer television ... Lets see what we have on...
        [LIST]
        <LI>My brother playing the N64
        <LI>The Cricket

Nothing much else... at least the place where I'm staying has a couple of cable channels - heh old movies, nickelodeon and sport. I can't remember if they had the discovery channel or not.

Gotta go... the mother calls

Alla

Comment

• I LOVED the Earthsea mini series. It was a while ago, but it was still great... I love Degrassi too. My favorite characters are Marco and Ellie. They're so cool. Has anyone heard of Degrassi? Ilove that show... And The Fresh Prince of Belair. It's so funny.

I watch Huff with my family. I, personally, think that it's too mature for my little sister, 10 years of age. But then again, I, 12 years of age, may be too young to watch it... Oh who cares... It's a good show anyway. I also watch Joan of Arcadia. It's pretty good, but I'm not into all that religious stuff... yea...

Now that I've said all that, I think I'll stop talking.

Polie
          From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

• I like Huff, and as long as your folks are ok with letting you watch TV-MA stuff, more power to you. It does have an awful lot of sex and drug abuse in it, though. And I find I'm not as interested in the characters now as I was when I started watching it. Still, one of the best casts out there.

Personally, I really preferred Dead Like Me, and I was so bummed out when I heard that Showtime has cancelled it. The guys who make the show are shopping it at the WB, and I wish them every success, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Alias is back, and it's kind of funny how they pushed a big Reset Button.

I'm looking foward to seeing how Numb3rs turns out. Medium was ok, but I was really hoping for something stronger and less like other shows.

And next week, another David Fury-written Locke episode on Lost! Yay!!

Comment

• I know I LOVED Dead Like Me. It was so hilarious... Of course it had death and all but it was really funny. I don't think they canceled it, only ended that season. I think...

I don't watch Alias but it's cool. It is really good, i guess. I haven't watched very much except for last night. I don't know if my parents like it or not though...

Polie

TV rots your brains but oh well. I love television.

Comment

• Poliester, here's the bad news about DLM. Yeah, it was incredibly funny. It's also why I loved Wonderfalls, since they were both created by the same guy, Bryan Fuller. TV, after books, is the medium most influenced by writing and writers.

I think of Alias as fun, rather than good. More of a guilty pleasure. A friend of mine calls it Spy Barbie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poliester:
                  I LOVED the Earthsea mini series. It was a while ago, but it was still great... I love Degrassi too. My favorite characters are Marco and Ellie. They're so cool. Has anyone heard of Degrassi? Ilove that show... And The Fresh Prince of Belair. It's so funny.
                  Degrassi? heh My mum remembers watching that .

I like Alias. My cousin does too, but for a different reason. I know what you mean by the 'fun' rather than 'good'. The story line gets a bit tacky some times, but its always good to watch.

How many seasons of 24 are they up to? I've forgotten. I watched the first two seasons religiously, but it kinda got a bit boring after a while.

Anyways, I would just like to say that summer TV sucks. We have absolutly nothing on, and its too sticky to go outside - i know I tried... ohh well

Comment

• New series tonight! Point Pleasant (done by Marti Noxon of Buffy fame).

New Monk starts on Friday!

And how wonderful is it that (Amazing Race 6 spoiler) [<span class="ev_code_white">Jonathan and Victoria are finally OUTTA there!!!!</span>]

Comment

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY DID THEY TAKE OUT DEAD LIKE ME?!!!! That was such a good show... But now it's gone... *sigh*

Okaaaay. Next topic. I am dedicated to CSI. Well, at least the first one... You have to have Grissom on the show. I just love that show...

There was an older version of Degrassi when Joey Jeremiah was still in highschool. And Spike had that Cindy Lauper look. And Mr. Simpson was called Snake. Right but in the new series, Joey's nephew is in highschool and Joey has kind of patched things up with Caitlin. And Spike has a girl named Emma in 7th grade or something... Yea... The old series has Joey with a band singing these words "Everybody wants something they'll never give up. Everybody wants something, they'll take your money, and never give up." It was kind of a corny song...

Yea well I think that's a long post for me...

Polie

Comment

• From what I gather, Showtime kicked DLM out for two reasons: the ratings were never boffo high (although they've been higher than HUFF's), and the show was developed under the regime of the last programming head. The new guy's come in and pretty much swept all the old stuff out, so that he'll get the credits for any new hits coming out). Usually Hollywood idiocy.

We'll see if the show-makers have any success in shopping DLM to the WB.

I like CSI a lot, too, but I'm starting to get darn tired of police procedurals and nothing but. Even the medical shows are following the CSI formula (e.g., Medical Investigations and House), and Medium's more like CSI: the Psychic edition, and I'd just be happy to just see something wildly different (not that I've been watching Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi or anything).

Comment

• My brother loves Battlestar Gallactica. I watched the first half or something like that before i gave up trying to figure out what was happening... I don't like to watch the copies of the original CSI cuz the first one was the best, in my opinion. Of course, I didnt see the other ones, so yea. I guess I'll give them a shot...

Polie

Comment

• I watched the premeir of Numb3rs. I love it. I'll watch it every Sunday and Huff's reruns on Monday or something... I like Huff better though...

Polie

Comment

• I'm so happy. Everything comes back out of hiatus this week. Gilmore Girls, Smallville, etc. It'll be nice. I saw Numb3rs and I really liked it, but it seemed kind of silly to be doing high amounts of complex math just to find the spot in the center of all the dots. And that the skew of the "hot spot" was towards the erroneous datapoint. That made no logical sense to me.

Still. Liked the exterior shots of Caltech.

Just found out that both Point Pleasant and Veronica Mars shoot here in my hometown. When I become unemployed again, I think I might try to find work as an extra.

Comment

• Random: my favorite show, and the only one I make a point to watch, is Yu-Gi-Oh! Yes, I know that's really geeky and childish, but I happen to like it.
                                Founder of the "Posts for ToGR" foundation. Keep the ToGR alive by a donation of one post!
                                "But before the happily ever after, there was always a kiss." ~Misread, my novel-in-progress!
                                "If I wasn't smart, I'd be dead."~The Naming, by Alice Croggon

Comment

Working...
                                X