No announcement yet.

Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me, I used to be a huge The Simpsons fan, but now I only watch it when I have time.

I LOVE Gilmore Girls!! When the commercial showed for the one I just saw, it was like "WE need to talk to you about Rory." And that happened at the end!! THey were snooping in her room, ,and then at the end, Loreli's father shows up!! I was sooo ANGRY at the end of that episode!!

I also like Supernatural. It's pretty cool and scary and gory all at the same time. Its about the two hot brother (tee-hee) that go and have to kill all these monsters that are known to us as urban myths or ledgends.

But that's just my 2 cents.
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• TV shows? Ummm...

The Simpsons (sometimes)

and everything CSI.

That's about the only thing I watch.

8:00 to 9 pm, then simpsons till 9:30, then do random stuff or sleep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent M:
        Kli: When did Rome start?? I wanted to see that...
        August 28th (according to tv.com--which is kind of like the IMDb, but for tv shows. And slower. And a lot more commercial). But you have to have HBO. I don't know if it's aired on the BBC, yet. It's also rated TV-MA, and has ton of sex and violence in it, and is nicely over-the-top, while being pretty historically accurate. I like that they're propogating the Suetonius-started rumor that Brutus might have been Caesar's bastard son. Last episode, Cleopatra just hit the scene. It's one gorgeous, glorious, wicked treat, and I'm so happy that they've been picked up for a second season.

I saw the pilot for Commander-in-Chief and it looked ok, but I'm West Winged out, and I don't like Gina Davis that much. Plus, the whole idea that anyone would actually run for and become vice president, without anybody posing the question of her actually becoming president at some point (given that that's a vice presidents whole reason for existence) is kind of ludicrous.

Gigo, I still watch the Classic CSI, but just this week, I have finally shaken free of CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. Because I'm now steadily watcing Close to Home, which is kind of like CSI:L&O.

I don't know how much longer I'm going to watch Surface. I stuck around because David Greenwalt (Profit, Buffy, Angel) is on staff and writing for them, but it's rather tedious and silly.

Oh, and the Family Edition of The Amazing Race is cracking me up. Instead of glamorous world adventure travel, it's suddenly become the American family roadtrip vacation from hell.

oo! late-breaking addendum: I've just disocvered that Cartoon Network is going to be airing two Scary Godmother cartoons on Halloween, from 11am to 1pm (pacific). Love Jill Thompson (Scary Godmother, Sandman, etc.) Love Mainframe entertainment (REBOOT).
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• I just finished S7 of Buffy. Almost seven seasons (still haven't seen a couple from S2 and 3) in a few months is pretty good, I think. I agree with Kathy about Faith- she's kind of cool, and I was actually really happy when she came back at the end of S7. (Okay, mostly because a lot of S7 was damn depressing. But still.) Still haven't seen any Angel, which actually got annoying at points because character X would say "So, crusing off to LA now!" and then show up half way through the next episode and it was just like "...yeah, uh-huh." I do plan to see some at some point, though, because I liked Cordelia a lot.

I've watched less television this year than I have any other year, ever... all I've managed is Buffy and the ubiquitous LOST.

Speaking of which, how are you all enjoying S2? Anyone still watching it? I'm sneaky-sneaky downloading it off the hub, so I can keep up you you all, although I still haven't seen this week's (tonight's) episode. [highlight for spoilers] <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I'm kind of annoyed by what I see as the show trying to set up- kind of clumsily- this big faith vs reason conflict, as represented through Locke and Jack. Mostly I'm annoyed by this because I think they're setting the reason side up to lose. *sigh* Also, Locke was cooler when he was mysterious, not bitter. Anna-whatserface is kind of cool, however, although she could maybe do wih toning down the BRUTAL VIOLENCE slightly. The Bernard/Rose subplot made me very happy, as did the Hurley plot. The Crack!Statuette made me unhappy, because we already did the Charlie thing.</span>
          Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• ok, ,here's a reply to a spoiler, so if you watch LOST and don't care what I say, go ahead, read. I dunno why I'm putting this in white, but I suppose I just am:
            Origionally posted by Birdhead:
            <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Anna-whatserface is kind of cool, however, although she could maybe do wih toning down the BRUTAL VIOLENCE slightly.</span>
            <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Well, she's a New-Yorker, I suppose, and, not to be biased, ,that's how HollyWood tends to portray New Yorkers. She even has the accent! And besides, it just fits her character.</span>

and as for this:

Also a spolier posted by Birdhead:
            <span class="ev_code_WHITE"> Also, Locke was cooler when he was mysterious, not bitter.</span>
            <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Well, in this episode, he wan't much of anything. Just a comfort, I suppose.</span>

And then there's the whole Saywer thing. <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I swear, he's from the south sp they make him like a violent Tom Saywer. But I Lurf him!! He's mine!!! And he CANNOT DIE!! But I don't think he will, anyway...they wouldn't preview him like that and then kill him...it would be WAAAY too obvious. Even for me.</span>

And so, I conclude my very long rant/post on LOST spoilers. Woo-Hoo!!
            just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

• sadly they cut Angel at season 5, so it had an open ending, unlike Buffy, which had a more close ended ending...if that makes sense.

Also, I've been watching Commander in Chief as well. It's got its facts less checked than The West Wing. It's more about the drama and less about the actual politics and presidency...so it's better and worse in some ways.

Comment

• Oh. My. It has been freaking eight years since the last Penn & Teller tv special.

"Penn and Teller: Off the Deep End" NBC. Sunday Nov 13. 7pm/6pm Central. They're going to make a submarine disappear. [snort]. Penn & Teller in dive suits. Hee hee heeeeee. This ain't no David Copperfield special.
                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Just read an interview with Anthony Head where he talks about working on the second series of Doctor Who, and at the very end they mention that Russell T. Davies is a Buffy fan and even modelled bits of the series after Buffy (no, really? —as if we couldn't tell by the season finale...)

In other weird Buffy news, Joss Whedon recently posted on Whedonesque, mentioning things such as a possible Spike movie in the works and writing the Buffy comic for Dark Horse, all in his usual inimitable sleep-deprived rambling way. I particularly loved the way he tried to ignore the fact that his appearance on Veronica Mars was airing last night...

Comment

• Dr. Who! I've been trying to get a hold of that! I watched it on PBS at like two in the morning a couple times when I was rather small, and now they're not playing it anymore. Does anyone know if there are DVDs or casettes of it available in the U.S.? I need something to whet my sci-fi apetite now that the X-Files is over.
                    Yeah, you can get region 1 DVDs of the old ones. Thet're distributed by BBC America. If they're anything like the ones here, they're rather expensive, but I reckon they're worth it. Well, it hasn't stopped me acquiring 11 of them. As for the new season, I think the DVDs are available from Canada - the box set will be anyway in a couple of weeks.

would not know but the new BBC version was very good, the new doctor in season 1 was extremly good, dont know about this new fella they got in!
                    hehe, I'm totally convinced that David Tennant will make an awesome Doctor. Watch Casanova if you can find it. The first scene is of him being chased and that convinced me totally that he's going to make an awesome Doctor - within a minute or so. He's also playing Barty Crouch Jr. in the HP4 film.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlidaART:
                      Have any of you seen the original movie? I have to say, I think it's much better than the TV show...the original actors are brilliant, and, I dunno, the new Daniel kind of ruined it for me because I was so enamoured of the original with his hair-that-needed-cutting and giant geek-glasses
                      Ah, the lovely James Spader, yes. Maybe you need to watch Boston Legal instead.

Myself, it was Jay David in the original movie that I loved. Then again, I loved The Crying Game as well.

(Now, if you want a really good sci-fi TV show, look no further than The X-Files...but that's a completely different subject )
                      Eyew! X-Files was good the first three or four seasons, I grant you, hitting their peak (for me) with the Darin Morgan episodes, but by the end it was sheer torture it got so bad.

Battlestar Galactica (the new one) is my SF show-du-jour. Then again, I also loved the old one. I even watched the entire run of Battlestar Galactica: 1980 when they finally did make it to Earth.

Sci-Friday. It's all good. (Especially Firefly!).

Comment

• would not know but the new BBC version was very good, the new doctor in season 1 was extremly good, dont know about this new fella they got in!
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

• (Now, if you want a really good sci-fi TV show, look no further than The X-Files...but that's a completely different subject )
                          Hmm... I never really watched that. I saw a couple of episodes, just enough to sate my curiosity. My sci-fi show of the moment is *drum roll* Doctor Who . Although you USians might find it hard to find the new series.

Comment

• Aw, kli, no need to be so harsh I will admit, the last two seasons were, um, less than amazing (but the last episode--WOAH. That was pretty damn good), and the best few were definitely the first few...but season six had some pretty great stuff (the episode "Monday" is especially near and dear to my heart), and season seven, though it began to turn into a soap opera, had some really clever, funny episodes as well. Ah, and the middle of the fifth season was really good too.

And yet, you're right: the first, second and third season were the best (and then a little bit of the fourth).

Dr. Who! I've been trying to get a hold of that! I watched it on PBS at like two in the morning a couple times when I was rather small, and now they're not playing it anymore. Does anyone know if there are DVDs or casettes of it available in the U.S.? I need something to whet my sci-fi apetite now that the X-Files is over.

(Oh yes, and James Spader--adore him. He was really great in the original Stargate. Was Jay David Ra? Because I thought his name was Jay Davidson, but it's possible that I'm hallucinating.)

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

• Sorry, it looks like moving replies scrambled stuff a bit orderwise. (sigh). I'll try and figure out how to avoid that next time.

AlidaART: Sorry, I can't help being harsh, when I realize how many hours I of X-FILES watching time I want back. Still, given the Darin Morgan episodes of Season 3, I can forgive a lot. I really wish they'd come out with a DVD set of just his episodes ("Attack of the Caprophages", "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose", "Humbug", and "Jose Chung's From Outer Space") and his MILLENNIUM episodes ("Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" and "Jose Chung's The Doomsday Effect"). I laughed so hard when they put in that Charles Nelson Reilly Lidsville clip that coke came out my nose.

Doctor Who has not yet come out in the US, either over the airwaves or on DVD. The UK dvd set is available soon, but is expensive. Most of my friends who've seen it in the US are along the Canadian border: the CBC has aired it, and will probably be getting the second season this December, a week or so after the BBC airings. (sigh).

Yup. Jaye Davidson. Sorry. My brain is often teflon-coated as everyone around here can attest.

Fox, as I posted prior to the moved postings , Tony Head (aka Rupert Giles on Buffy) says:
                              ... he's a blinding Doctor, David Tennant. For the first time in a long time, it's effortless. He's got it all, he really. He's literally born to play the part. He's got such an edge yet at the same time the humour, the comedy's just perfect. You're not watching anybody trying hard, it's just there. For me, this guy is just bang on!
                              so my hopes are high, especially since the folks who picked him are the same folks who picked Eccleston.

Comment

• "Jose Chung's" is by far my favorite X-Files episode...it just has everything that an X-File needs (abductions, humor, shippyness, alternate realities, conspiracy stuff, the list just goes on and on).

Haven't seen those Millenium episodes, but they're probably awesome

I'm near-ish to the Canadian border (central Maine)--wonder if I get that channel. Shall check. Otherwise, large sigh. I really need some Dr. Who in my life.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

Working...
                                X