No announcement yet.

The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kite stared at Martina with big eyes. A sudden onrush of information and jumbled thoughts filled Martina's mind.

What? What's happening? I can hear her, but she's not speaking... what's going on??? Oh, gods, can they hear me? How can I keep my thoughts private??? I hate having privacy intruded upon!!!!

Martina understood immeadiately and gave an internal sigh...

She's never used mind speech before........

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• Calm down. CALM down. Okay? You've never used mindspeech before, is that right? Okay, that's fine, we can go with the flow here, you're bound to be good at it. At the moment, yes, I can hear your thoughts for a couple of reasons: because you're panicked, because you're not making any effort to prevent me from doing so, and because you're expecting me to hear them. The first problem to tackle is the panic. I'm sure you can handle that yourself. The next bit is concealing your thoughts- to do that, just think carefully about.... blocking me out. I used to use a shield image, but you can use whatever you want. Just concentrate on pulling all your mind behind that shield.
      Finally, mind speech is easy to do but it can be complicated in implication, because the mind has several layers. Firstly in the kind of speaking we're doing now, I can only hear the top layer of your mind- what you're thinking directly. I can't hear, for example, the problem you had yesterday that you're nutting out in the back of your head, or about your family, or anything. Also, I should only be hearing what you're thinking with intent- expecting I'll hear. This is why you can't hear any of my incoherencies. As well as that, you could still block this bond by thinking really hard of that shield, but generally you'll allow this kind of contact all the time, and hold that shield in place over the rest of your thoughts consistently. If you get emotional, your thoughts get confused: especially when you're practising, your shield can drop a bit, let other stuff through. But the longer you do it, the easier it becomes.

Got all that?

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
      --Agent M
      Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
      Still the Typo Queen
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Diego went towards Martina. And let out a tired, more sighed than said 'Hey'.

(Lakey, I suggest you take a grip and stop blaming BC because you were the one who first mixed up this board, so that we had to meet in The Cofferoom to fix what all of your characters had done. Stop blaming BC, and try to keep things simple.)

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
        Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Diego went towards Martina. And let out a tired, more sighed than said 'Hey'.

(Lakey, I suggest you take a grip and stop blaming BC because you were the one who first mixed up this board, so that we had to meet in The Cofferoom to fix what all of your characters had done. Stop blaming BC, and try to keep things simple.)

IF WE HAVE TO GIVE THIS BASTARDS OUR LIVES, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!!!
          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• (OOC: Exactly.)

Letalis looked at who she thought was Marama. "Oh, Marama, I've been waiting so long. I don't know--"
            She looked deeper into Marama's eyes, puzzlement in her eyes. Then she shook her head. "Help me!"
            As MarEma started forward, Letalis took a bound back, keeping Ash firm in her arms. She raised into the air and looked at marEma suspiciously. "You aren't Marama!"
            Letalis struggled to keep her place afloat on air while she screamed to Martina and Kite. "HELP! DIEGO! KITE!"

brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow
            --Alfredo, Cinema Paradiso
            brokencello
            the crinkled paper bag
            "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Kite recovered quickly, and followed Martina's advice. Within moments, no one could tell that the young, calm, grey-eyed girl had ever lost her cool.

Got it, she replied. Someone's coming.

Comment

• {OOC: blame me blame me!!!! you know i try hard and no one cares ..... so i have horrid spelling and no i didnt mess ^p the boards so bad so people cant kill me .!!! heremers!!! no offence i only had one charector in the beggining then i took on red then i named xyler but had to use him to plan with red c^z foxtail is to b^sy to anser me. and i'm overloaded with skool work b^t i still care so dont give me any !@#%^%$#
                thank yo^ m^ch!>

after her disg^ise was fo^nd o^t marEma vanishes...

~*Lakie*~
                Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!
                ~*Lakie*~

Comment

• (OOC: Lakey, can you not shout so much? It gives me a headache. And yes, you're a very busy person, but we all are, and if you are having so much difficulty keeping up with The War and its characters, I suggest you put your charactors in the Up-for-grabs-box. Also, I'm making a guess here, but if Lee sees that post she might tell you to tone it down, especially with the asterisks and stuff. Just a guess. Please, just be a little more tolerant of the brain-racked and insane. Thanks.)
                  Letalis sighed with relief and drifted lower. "HELP!"

brokencello
                  the crinkled paper bag
                  "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow
                  brokencello
                  the crinkled paper bag
                  "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• Yeah, I hear them. Martina grinned. Sounds like someone we know, actually... As the trio slipped through the dark towards the noise the figures of Letalis, Diego and Ash, collapsed on the ground, became ever more visible. Finally, Dieo loomed out of the mist and said,
                    "Hey."

"hey, Diego. You look terrible: what's been happening?"

<OOC: OK, guys, I'm going away (again) to Suzuki camp until Monday- I'll ghave pretty much zilch computer contact, so War will be left alone. But at least the group's back together now- if Kite or Questing desperately need Martina to say something, go ahead, but keep her as in character as possible. But I rather think you can avoid that, because we're trying to do healing now, aren't we? That's more Questing's area than mine. Anyway, if it's needful, go ahead.

Lakey- I'm really sorry. I didn't mean this to turn into an extended lakey-bash- I'm giving it up right now. I've said what I had to say, and it only needed to be said once: I'm sorry you seem to feel that once was once too many, becuase I feel my points were reasonable, but I've said it and I refuse to go on about it, because that would turn me into my mother and I'm trying to put that off for as long as possible. So.... I'm forgetting.

"We are philosophical geniuses [sic] who will one day rule the world!"
                    --Agent M
                    Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha, Ahahahaha!
                    Still the Typo Queen
                    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Letalis collapsed. Blah blah blah, she blacks out, etcetera.
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                      Frightening visions flickered beneath Letalis' eyelids. Little did she know, Ash was viewing the same. She could see ghastly images walking, approaching through black mists. Men, half-dead and half-alive, wandered aimlessly, their eyes filled with emptiness. In the background a light was gathering...a creature greater than the rest. A bloodied from of Yrc made its way through the shadows, blood spewing from its throat. "The master is coming to be avenged..." it whispered in an eerie rasping noise. The light intensified. The girl felt a growing panic, bubbling from her stomach to her chest to throat and out in a steady rush. She tried to scream, but there was no noise. A hand reached out of the light, pale and sinewy. It grasped the empty air around it, attempting to clutch something...but what? Suddenly she felt herself being carried forward toward the hand. She yelled for help, feeling dust and shadows clog her throat until nothing was left. The hand came closer toward her throat. She tried to thrash, but could not move. The hand closed on her as an arm appeared. Disturbing gutteral sounds filled the air. She struggled, but her body was frozen in time, ever-still. Yrc began to translate. "All these men you and your comrades have killed," he rasped, "are my minions now. Soon I will have universes full of the living dead. You all have killed...and once my body is revealed in fuller form, you too will be a minion. As soon as I grip a little tighter...." She felt the fingers around her throat squeeze, cutting off a section of oxygen. "Can't breathe, can you? You'll get used to it, pretty, for no one lives in the realms of the dead!" The gutteral sounds stopped as a shoulder was revealed and an evil cackling filled the air. She tried to scream. She tried to run. But everything was frozen in this coma of time, war, and dreams.

brokencello
                      the crinkled paper bag
                      brokencello
                      the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• I'm sorry.bout the ^^ thing its just because on my other keyboard the "U"n dosnt work so that is a "U" instead....

~*Lakie*~
                        ~*Lakie*~

Comment

• Questing went around from collapsed person to collapsed person, touching heads, taking pulses, and generally trying to feed in healing energy as she went. Some people shivered, others moaned, but at last Questing was done, and she sat down abruptly. "That was taxing. Given some time, I think they'll all make a full recovery. I think they were under some kind of mental attack. When one of them wakes up, can someone pry an explanation of just what happened out of them?"

OOC: That will give the characters who were separated from the main group a chance to bring the rest of us up to speed in their own words. Iknow I'd like an explanation!

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                          "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
                          "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
                          "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• Suddenly, the dream was gone, replaced by a sickly and groggy blackness. Ash moaned, and then screamed in joy. She could move, she could yell, she could think, she could BE. She opened her eyes to look up into Questing's face. She threw her arms around Questing in triumph. "QUESTING!"
                            After hugs and dances (only from Ash) and a great deal of hot cocoa (from Letalis), the story began. Finally the following came out:
                            Everything that we kill joins an army in the realms of the dead. An evil god-like-creature is the leader, and he keeps an eyes out for those that provide him with the strongest men, so he can kill them when his army is ready. When the army is ready, the men will become half-alive, and will march into the world. There is no stopping it. Often, the more bloody the killing, the stronger the men. The army is invincible. No one is afraid to die, because they will just end up back in the army. (Yrc was one of the dead.) The god-like-creature, who we choose to call Blad (Betrayal, Lies, Anger, Deceit) (???), wants revenge on all, because long before he was defeated by the "good guy" god, named Theg (Trust, Happiness, 'Eroic (sorry, at loss of brain power), Good). He wants revenge and will not rest. All clear?

brokencello
                            the crinkled paper bag
                            brokencello
                            the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• An army has been waiting to seize.... and they come closer and closer to the good guys.... this army is controled by Queen Redialimano and King Xyler. This War has been planed for centeries. The army consists of right now 100,0000 Gruffs and growing. These gruffs are (as i said b4) controled by the Queen and king. That means they have the power to perform amasing feats.
                              they are 6ft in height, weighing 250 each they are dark green-brown in color with long mains of hair to their lower back they have the stregnth of 3men each. they come walking. closer and closer.

~*Lakie*~
                              ~*Lakie*~

Comment

• Kite studied tha army quietly. "Formidable," she commented calmly. "Let's see what I can do, eh?"

Storm clouds began to gather, and the wind picked up speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X