No announcement yet.

Young Wizards Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm...kli6, I see what you mean. What I'm talking about is the feedback and the backlash against Pokemon when it became a T.V. series. People look at it and say: Oh, that's a kiddie show. Pokemon is for little children.

But still, I understand where you're going.

----------------
    Member of the SFFC(Science fiction fan club)

Members: one

Comment

• Perhaps Buffy would be a better analogy than Pokemon. Although it wasn't based on a book, it was based on a film, and it doesn't seem to be regarded as a kiddie show. (Even though Joss Whedon, the main writer behind it, was also one of the writers on Toy Story - but then, maybe that's not a kiddie film either.)

I like the idea of being able to buy boxed sets of DVDs of a well-done YW TV series. But first that series has to exist, and be done well.

Zgirl asked a while ago:
      DD has already written a screenplay for another movie. (Ask Pops I forgot the name...)
      What's so hard about that name? It's Kingdom in Twilight aka DragonGold aka The Ring of the Nibelungs. Except in Britain, apparently, where its title was changed to The Sword of Xanten.

And in the US where it's called Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King and is on Sci-Fi Channel on March 27th 2006.
      Last edited by Lee Enfield-Burke; December 24, 2008, 07:47:30 AM.
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• It was freaky at first seeing a post from PM here in the new forums, heh. I hope you're having fun in Timeheart, Peter :-)
        Frog blast the vent core!

Comment

• it woulb be the coolest to a movie or tv series about the yuong wizard series
          awsome

Comment

• I'd actually be very of a YW movie. I'd be more comfortable with a tv series, but I've seen a great many good books have their movies ruined. I'll admit, they've been getting better, but still.

Comment

• You really should read the top of this thread. Particularly post #10. That might set your mind more at rest. Well, those and the excerpts from the screenplay that Herself put up on her blog. Never forget that there was a period in her life when DD was a working screenwriter living in Hollywood.
              Last edited by Kathy Li; March 18, 2009, 04:53:37 PM. Reason: messing about with post tags to see if they work.
              New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• How about a radio play/audiobook?

Graphic Audio has done impressive work with Elisabeth Moon's Heris Serano series. They would likely do a good job with YW if she-who-writes would consider it. They occupy a niche market, regrettably -- long haul truckers, which is how I discovered them, in a truck stop.
                Last edited by Frank Ney; July 5, 2009, 10:01:38 AM.

Comment

• The thought about a TV series is interesting. Although a movie could squish it all into one long piece and story, a TV series usually has the dual purpose of getting the scenes right for a mini-story and then for the long haul story arc. I suppose they could also add stuff that wasn't in the books, though. (Good or bad thing?...hmm.) Like what happens when there isn't a big job to risk their lives on.

It would be really nice to see all the characters and objects on screen, to see everything I imagined by someone else's eyes. Fred, and the Manual, especially.

One thing I would be concerned about is getting to the story between all the commercials, though! (Sometimes it seemed like Monk

Comment

• Ever since I began reading the series, I hoped that there would be a YW movie. After all, there was a Harry Potter movie and YW started off WAY before that. Also, I think a YW movie might make the series a lot more popular. But I'm a fan of HP too and I hated how in the last few movies, they had to squeeze all the important information in so that it would be the right length. They also happened to skip a lot of parts, which I also didn't like.

So basically, as long as they get all the important details right, and not skip scenes that are relevent to the plot, I'm all for a YW movie. And as for the TV show: the same idea, except I'd hope for them to do most of it according to the book, just split into different scenes before they make a whole new plot (hopefully written by Diane Duane). I also hope they pick good actors.

Overall, however, I always thought that the book was better than the movie but it would still be nice to have a YW movie/TV show.

Comment

Working...
                    X