No announcement yet.

Young Wizards Movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would just like to say that if the YW series is made into movies, I would DIE! My life has already been ruined by the makeing of the Harry Potter movies, and I wasn't as obsessed with that as I am with YW.
    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• heh.... blue burgers... my best friend's little sister would freak (altough this isn't that amazing--she does this often, and violently)...

... I liked the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, although I didn't read the other one (only thing that bothered me about them was that their "wrappings"--e.g., character types, plot starters, settings--were a bit too similar, and that the characters were slightly on the garystuish side....). I personally think that this kind of book is actually more compatable for a movie than YW is (less easy to make the characters and plotline come out too bleargh)... although, like most novels, they'd be better off as serials or mini-serieses.

.....Peter, if you ever do do that, I've got to see it XD (<=we need an emo/graemlin that has this expression...)

Comment

• you know... there were way too many... like... elipses in that last post. I love elipses.

Blue burgers! Noooo! we must NEVER NEVER NEVER let Ronald get within a mile of Ponch! Never!!!!!
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Movies of the YW series? Well...it's one of those books where you get the feeling that some parts would look fantastic on screen and others just wouldn't. I might go for it, as long as there were good actors and no merchandising (sure...).

But I guess it seems like there would be too many ways to make a mess of it.
          And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
          Fell from the sky like rain
          Upon my soul; which, watered well,
          Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
          Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

• RONALD!! hah!

Movies, good. Happy meals, bad. Now, go look at something shiny for a while!
            (reference; 10 points)

...I taught her that...

Comment

• ... I think we... you know... all learnt together...

...yeah...

reference?

Comment

• Tui, you soudn like the sterrotypical stoned person... That said, I use "..." all the time.
                YW movies: it depends hugely on the script, the actors, and how the non-earth bits are done. DD has said she wouldn't let the books become films unless she had final script veto, so I am confident if filmed, they would be true.
                "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• I know... I just like saying that I taught people things.

Right. I'll probably interject random quotes and references in my posts from like, now until forever. If you can get them, you get points. Of course, I don't really expect anyone to get them.

Hmm. Yes. Movies. Content...

Damn.

Comment

• no one ever understands why i don't want my favorite series to be turned into movies. Every time a read a good book, a book that changes my life, and then a movie is made from it, it ruines my entire prespective of the book. The characters for example, I have a very good imagination and I use it to visualize what I think the characters would look like. If a movie were made, every time I read the characters name, or read something that the character was saying, I would visualize the character as the actor/actress that played him/her or the actor/actresses voice. It ruins the amazing experience of being able to create everything described with your own imagination.

Some people, after reading this, would say "What a bunch of mush."
                    But others, the few others, who think the same way would support this idea.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. There are no words with which I could express my feelings.
                    Dai
                    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• BiW: I understand. Just not sure I agree. But if you're that weirded out by seeing the film, why not skip seeing the movie version(s)? Nobody's forcing you to plunk down your money and view them.

Tui, careful with the ellipses! Put 'em in the wrong places and you'll either sound like William Shatner or a Barbara Cartland heroine!
                      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Well, the 10pts thing was practically an allusion all of its own- to me. Slightly unusual.

Speaking of allusions, kli, I don't know that I got either of those. Fill me in?

Comment

• William Shatner. Canadian actor, most famous for playing Captain Kirk on the original Star Trek series, T.J. Hooker, and (now) singing in priceline.com commercials. Has a stilted delivery style that is the delight of imitators everywhere.

Barbara Cartland (waaay before your time) was a romance writer of over 700 books, popular in the '60s. Also famous for being distantly related to royalty. Basically, the plot and characters of her books always remained the same and the settings changed around them. The heroine would be a total wet wimp in need of rescue by the hero (pre women's-lib romance novel sensibilities are just plain scary), and she'd speak with tons of ellipses, placed seemingly at random. Y'know, something like: "I...love you, truly... I ... do!"
                          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• John Wayne does that too.

Thought you should know.

Comment

• Well, what do you expect of a guy who changes his name from "Marion Morrison" to "John Wayne"? Now, guys who change their name from "Archie Leach," or "Frederic Austerlitz Jr.," that's a completely different matter.

Comment

• Well, i would love to see the books become movies! I think that, that is agreat idea! However, wich company to work with...not Disney(to kidddy),...mebey Dreamworks.....but i think maby if you tied W.B......that might work! W.B. was not very popular, then they made Harry Potter and now they are making money like Hotcakes! I LOVE HOTCAKES!!! Ooops....back on subject, if harry potter made such great movies because they are great books, then the Young wizard series would be even better bvecause the books are better!

"Life is like a cup of tea...it is all in how you make it!"
                                "Nobody's impression on life is so important that it outweighs honesty."
                                - Duncan Ballard

Comment

Working...
                                X