No announcement yet.

YW pairings that never crossed your mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, haven't posted on the forums for a while. ???? ??????????? ?? ???[Translation: Hello! It has been a while, hasn't it!] Eh, no I haven't gone and lived in Japan, I've just started studying the language. I wish. (There's still those earthquake aftershocks going on there, so this year might be a bad time to go, I suppose. I'll pray for them.) BTW, anyone can switch to typing in another language if you figure out how to mess with your computer settings properly, so you don't have to get another machine to do it.

I think this thread is lots of fun, so I thought this page on TV Tropes would be good inspiration / food for thought: The Ship Yard - Television Tropes & Idioms Because I love TV Tropes, and TV Tropes will ruin your life much like manga, anime, coffee, chocolate, and other addictive substances will do... books... drawing... and Japanese... Did I say something twice? And I don't count fencing as an addiction. *talking to myself = sign of madness*

Anyhow, I thought it might be fun to look at that page and think of what pairings in the YW universe would fit in those possible ship categories.
    Some of these exist already. For example, Dairine/Roshaun is a Ghost Ship because Roshaun is "missing" but assumed to be dead.. It might also count as a Generation Ship, given the difference in their ages and differing rates of maturity on their different planets.
    Pretty much all of the ships on this thread are "Canoe ships," very unlikely but could work, with a tiny fanbase. Likewise, the YW series is this thread's "Home Port," the main work that our shipping draws from.
    Last edited by dorotheia; May 12, 2011, 11:34:39 PM. Reason: To add examples

Comment

More pairings!

I didnt read all the posts but did any1 put kit and darine? i think that would like, make nita kill either darine or kit or both..... And did anyone put kit and ronan? I think I saw a little romance a few books ago.....

Comment

Originally posted by dorotheia View Post
        I think this thread is lots of fun, so I thought this page on TV Tropes would be good inspiration / food for thought: The Ship Yard - Television Tropes & Idioms Because I love TV Tropes, and TV Tropes will ruin your life much like manga, anime, coffee, chocolate, and other addictive substances will do....
        Yay! Another Troper!

Hmm. . . . interesting stuff on here. As for Dairine/Roshaun being a Ghost Ship, I see how that works, but I still think Roshaun isn't dead - there's so much foreshadowing. But I guess for now it's a ghost ship

Helena/Ronan could be -really- interesting, if developed carefully. How would Carmela react, I wonder. . . ?

Also, I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this but I just wanted to confirm. Is Tom/Carl canon?? (I think that would be awesome.) And if there is a thread on this could someone direct me to it. Thanks,

Lifesong
        Last edited by LifeSong; September 8, 2011, 09:47:30 PM.

Comment

/Ghosts into this thread/ (Also sort-of spoilers? Referencing GWP relationships here)

/rushes in here/

So I've seen Nita/Kit/Ronan in several places, and done well, but I know not everyone likes those three in that sort of dynamic. But speaking of OT3s, why not Dairine/Mehrnaz/Roshaun?

As for other pairings...

Arhu/Ith? Y'know, to go with Arhu/Sif? 8'D (And yes, the second one is mentioned as a possibility in The Big Meow. It's fairly easy to miss, though.)

Fred/Sol (He called her cute!), like someone else in here said.

/Obligatory mention of Celestial Hatesex/

Spot/Kit's family's entertainment system. Again, dataaaaaaaaaa...

Harry Callahan/Nelaid(/Miril?)

Aaaand Nita/the peridexis!

/FLEES FROM THIS THREAD!/
          Last edited by S.M.F.; June 10, 2017, 04:44:23 PM. Reason: I forgot one of the 'ships I made this post for! /derp

Comment

Working...
          X