YW pairings that never crossed your mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EbonyGirl45 View Post
    Fred/Ed? Reallly random. They're completely different except that they both have unpronounceable names that were shortened to nicknames that rhyme with each other.
    Which is why they would be the perfect random pairing.

Another one that has been kicking around in my mind: the peridexis effect/Spot. They're both the manual or the basis of wizardry, so they would work.
    I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
    Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
    ~Book junkie~

Comment

Aunt Annie/Shaun! Actually that seems kind of obvious after being absorbed in AWAb for a while.

Comment

Yup, I like the idea of Annie/Shaun. Also, I think the Amadaun should have a pairing, but I don't know who could handle it... maybe the Queen, or the Lady of the Firth?

(SilveredBlue, I love your sig! The Thief is my favorite of that series...)
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Bargh, I just finished listening to the AWAb audiobook and Shaun's married. I'd feel bad if he broke up his marriage. Shaun/wife FTW. But if that does ever break up for some reason, Annie/Shaun.

Comment

Thanks, Inkslinger! I like The King of Attolia the best.

um...pairings... Tulha/Arhu (TBONWM). I'm assuming the cat wizard books count.

Carmela's TV/Gigo.

Kkirl/the gate technician in WH. They're both humanoid bird things...

Comment

Oddly enough, Ronan/Darryl was what was running through my head for most of AWOM. I'm just weird like that, I guess. What about Carmela/Nita? Has that been said yet? Not all that great, but all I can think of for now.
              -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
              -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
              -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I'm not a fan of slash, but here are some of the few absurd pairings I can think of.

S'ree and Sker'ret - Sker'ret decides to take a vacation from being station master and visits earth, Carmela and Nita takes him to the beach and he meets S'ree. They become infatuated decide to stay friends because both feel like they should date their own species and their relationship probably wouldn't work across long distances.

Mr. Millman and the Lone Power - The lone power needs counseling on its existential crisis after High Wizardry and goes to the most unlikely of places.

Nita's Dad and Filif - Plants were always objections of his affection, now quite literally.

Comment

i was wondering about Dairine & Darryll....
                  think about it.... they both love techology stuff like laptops, ipods, and all
                  also Dairine thought it was sweet how Darryll got a ipod as his manual.... they're also both the youngest...
                  i;m not sure if u count this as a werid or special pairing... it's just a thought
                  A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

That's just what I was thinking!! (With Dairine and Darryl.) That would actually work perfectly. But then what happens to Roshaun?

Poor Dairine...
                    Last edited by LifeSong; January 27, 2011, 10:19:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LifeSong View Post
                      That's just what I was thinking!! (With Dairine and Darryl.) That would actually work perfectly. But then what happens to Roshaun?

Poor Dairine...
                      Is there some reason they couldn't be all three in a relationship?

(I'm polyamorous, and plenty of other cultures are... I don't see a difficulty with that! )
                      Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Maybe Helena/Tom or Carl? She's newly single and it could help her get over the fact that Kit's a wizard!

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                          Is there some reason they couldn't be all three in a relationship?

(I'm polyamorous, and plenty of other cultures are... I don't see a difficulty with that! )
                          Well that would hard....I mean what if one gets jealous or something? & I think that it is nor traditonly alienly or humanly way & It is true what would happen to Roshaun unless the next book has Dairine gets more or some feelings about someone.... It really depends what would happen in Book 10 & what DD writes...
                          Last edited by NitaEmmaYW; February 5, 2011, 09:33:16 PM.
                          A spell always works. -So You Want To Be A Wizard I wonder would it work on my sisters... hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by NitaEmmaYW View Post
                            Well that would hard....I mean what if one gets jealous or something? & I think that it is nor traditonly alienly or humanly way & It is true what would happen to Roshaun unless the next book has Dairine gets more or some feelings about someone.... It really depends what would happen in Book 10 & what DD writes...
                            Luckily, I don't take offence easily, or I might at that. I don't think jealousy is remotely one of the most admirable emotions in the human repertoire. But poly relationships need to deal with that as well as everything else - and it tends to be easier, because naturally poly-oriented people tend to be less jealous by nature. Poly relationships require work, but so do monoamorous ones (or monogamous if you prefer that word, though it's less accurate). I often find with my friends and with my own relationships that honesty's more important, and certainly necessary.

It might not be a traditional way, but it isn't un-human, and none of us can say whether or not monoamory is a traditional thing for alien races either - we simply haven't seen enough of their relationships, even in the series so far.

ETA: Also, DD has written polyamorous relationships before, in her Tale of the Five series (The Door Into Fire, etc.).
                            Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Trialia, you make sense, and I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but we need to know more about Wellakh (like you mentioned). From what we've seen, Wellakhits seem as if they take one partner only. I could be wrong. But my reasoning is: In human cultures in which it's common to take more than one partner, the leader does so as well, and often has more wives/husbands/partners than the other members do. Nelaid is the Sun King/Lord/Son of the Sun etc,. and he and Miril are married with no others in their relationship. And Dairine and Darryl were both raised in a society in which one man/one woman marriages and relationships are the most common and the most "socially acceptable". I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I'm still worried about Darryl, Dairine and Roshaun because it probably wouldn't happen... I'm getting incomprehensible now... !!!Peace!!!

Btw, I hope that nothing in this post is offensive to you, if so, I apologize. I have nothing against your beliefs/way of life. They may not be mine, but I would be pretty stupid to say they're "bad" or "wrong," because they aren't. They're just not the same as mine, and if everyone was the same, that would be silly.

EDIT: Uh, also, since I know the basic definition of polyamory only (my stupid computer blocks all the sites when I try to look up the definition further,) I don't know exactly how it works or anything. I said "beliefs/way of life" up there in the original post - is that inaccurate? Is polyamory a choice or is it a natural sexual orientation, like homosexuality? (Pardon my 13 year old unenlightened status.)
                              Last edited by LifeSong; May 26, 2011, 08:22:43 PM.

Comment

Really, really odd pairing: Liused and Filif. I know, Rowans and Evergreens generally won't be able to procreate.

Helena and Ronan would be a very odd pairing.

Have some interesting fun, assuming he is not married, Mr Millman and Annie.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X