YW pairings that never crossed your mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YW pairings that never crossed your mind

We all know about the usual pairings: NitaKit, NitaRonan, RonanCarmela, DairineRashaun, etc. But that isn't even close to all the possibilities! So now, I am proposing we create a list of original and interesting potential pairings. The crazier, weirder, and more unlikely the better. We're throwing out all the rules, so any pairing is possible.
    -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
    -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
    -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Ahaha, yes! This is fun... I've thought up a few crazy ones...

Carmela and Filif? Or, Carmela and Sker'ret? (She did really like those guys)

Dairine and Ronan? I mean, if Roshaun stayed gone, and a few years passed, I could see that... almost working. That is "almost but probably not."

I wouldn't pair any of the girls with Tom or Carl, especially with the discussion that's been going on about them over here.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Yeah Yeha GREAT! this sounds like alot of fun.

how about:

Darryle + Dariane (i don't know how to spell their names)

that is all i can think of now maybe i'll add more later

Comment

Wow, these ideas are great! CarmelaFilif is practically cannon, but it's still an adorable idea, as is CarmelaSke'ret. DarrylDairine would be interesting, and DairineRonan is an AWESOME idea. If you get past the age difference, they're really quite alike. A few ideas of my own:
        DairineKit. It actually kind of makes sense if you think about it.
        RonanKit. They try to get over their rivalry and it turns into something... more.
        You're right, we can't put Tom or Carl with girls, so......... TomLonepower!
        What about some pairings between powers? Maybe ChampionMorrigan? (The One's champion in his male form, maybe even as Lugh.) He's the warrior, the bringer of battle, and therefore the bringer of death as well. She's the goddess of death, in the form of the aftermath of battle. Romance would be kind of ironic but totally cool.
        -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.

Comment

What about the Lone Power and Morrigan?

Ronan and The Champion? (Hey, it did live inside him for a while. It's actually almost creepy to think about, but I'm sure they knew each other pretty well by the end of W@W.) (The One's Champion in her female form, like how she appeared on Dairine's ordeal near the end)

Carmela and one of the aliens she talks to over intergalactic chat?

(Please note: I do not believe in any way that any of these pairings would work out...at all.)
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

*laughs* Well, this is a new thread... So many hetero' pairings and nothing else?! *blinks*

I actually happen to be one of the few people out there who 'ships Dairine/Carmela and can see how it might even work. I have a hard time writing Carmela so I've never tried it, but I would love to see someone else try it.

Pairing-wise, I've written Tom/Carl, Nita/OFC and Dairine/unknown (not even gender-specific, in fact). I've seen Nita/Lone Power done very well, along with Nita/Joanne, Dairine/Roshaun and Nita/Kit. Unfortunately, those last two tend to be among the ones that have often been done really badly, too. And I know all I write may make it sound like I'm a "die-hard slash fangirl", but I'm not. I just find it reasonably easy to write for this fandom.

Hmm, one I hadn't considered before? That I may even see as possible? Probably Carmela/Darryl... it would be interesting, apart from anything else...
            Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

I was trying to find a good match for Sker'ret, and I just thought of someone else, the plural wizard Pont. Sker's got all those feet and all that, and apparently it's easy to become more than just good friends with him, so why not have him and Pont go after it?

Hmm..other pairings.. Ronan/Hesper, Tom/Nita, Carl/Nita, how about Kit and (insert name of female wizard from Wizard's Holiday, the chick that was the only wizard on the planet..)

Comment

My goodness, this thread is popular. Again, amazing ideas. KK, the lone power and the Morrigan is definitely an interesting idea. Though she might dislike him after spending eons cleaning up his messes. I'll stop now before I go into a very long rant about the Morrigan. Such an interesting character. Ronan and the Champion? Incest....., not that it wouldn't be really funny. An internet romance between Carmela and an alien would be HILARIOUS.
                Trialia, we can't let this become all het! You'll have to think of some slash pairings for us. BTW, I love your picture. Is it supposed to be Elphaba from Wicked?
                Pont and Sker, interesting idea. They really are a lot alike. Remind me who Hesper is? Nita and Tom or Carl?? Personally, I don't think that they're straight, and if they are, wouldn't date teenage girls. Unless you mean onesided, sort of a crush? That might be interesting, particually if they turned out NOT to be straight.
                What about Carmela and the Lone Power? It would be so like her.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverclaw View Post
                  Trialia, we can't let this become all het! You'll have to think of some slash pairings for us. BTW, I love your picture. Is it supposed to be Elphaba from Wicked?
                  But I did, didn't I? Femmeslash, at least, which is mainly what I go for. *g*

Thanks for the compliment - that picture's actually of me in costume! But yeah, it's Elphaba I was cosplaying at the time.

Comment

Why yes, you did. Thank you! We'll just have to think of more. I'm impressed, you look just like her. (I'm totally obsessed with wicked!) What about Ronan and Rashaun? They'd drive eachother crazy. Speaking of crazy, what about Harry and Tom or Carl? Pleasant surprise for Nita!

Comment

Whew! Some of these ideas are burning holes in my eyelids! It's a really fun topic to post about, though.

I really like the idea of Pont and Sker'ret, I've never thought of it before. How about the Lone Power and Kit? I've never thought of it till now, and never heard of it either, but the idea seems interesting to me...
                      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

How about Dairine/Spot or Dairine/Motherboard? Or, I recall someone once mentioning a whale!Nita/Ed pairing that kind of made my mind bleed.

Now, you know, if we were any other fandom *coughcoughharrypottercoughcough* anything we're suggesting would have been written by now. I'm glad there's some limit to the madness
                        PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                        Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Haha, Caitlin, whale!Nita/Ed has been written, and recently. Go check out the Yuletide fic thread.

InkSlinger, I've seen Nita/Lone Power before. Not Kit though, I don't think.

Comment

It is my firm opinion that if Darryl liked anyone, it would be Kit. However, I think Darryl would be aware that Kit's interests lie elsewhere.
                            Last edited by Space Cadet; December 30, 2009, 06:14:52 AM. Reason: Spelling (goodness gracious!)

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cadet View Post
                              It is my firm oppinion that if Darryl liked anyone, it would be Kit. However, I think Darryl would be aware that Kit's interests lie elsewhere.
                              Yeah, he would. After all, Kit's interests lie with Ronan. Darryl probably knows that.

Comment

Working...
                              X