No announcement yet.

YW pairings that never crossed your mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

InkSlinger, Trialia: I've seen Lone Power/Kit written before, though I can't remember where - Not fanfiction.net, LJ perhaps? I dunno, it was a while ago.

Caitlin: A while ago I saw a fic that was described as Dairine/Spot, but it had a weird plotline and didn't result in any romance at all, just a lot of confusion. (I was just a bit disappointed.)

One pairing that I'd thought of a while ago was Aunt Annie/Tom, but I thought of that before the Tom/Carl topic went up. I think I even wrote it once, a long time ago, but I've since lost the file. :/
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

There was a terrific Kit/Lone Power fic written for the Yuletide NYRs really early this year. Lips to the Vessels, Throats to the Heavens, by the Yuletide Fairy. It's pretty terrific (rated like, PG for kissing) and a good plain errantry fic as well.

I'm totes writing Kit/Ronan right now!

I should say that I think there's something tremendously interesting about the idea of main character/LP fic, derived from the fact that (at least for westerners) our ideas about evil and temptation are often inextricably linked with sex and sexuality - for example, women are often characterised as evil by being depicted as highly sexualised, which of course is derived from the Eve story. On the other hand, women are also depicted as being particularly easy to be tempted because of their sexuality or being helpless to control their own bodies. Since the LP is canonically hyperattractive, both in an aesthetic and a sexual sense, I think it's natural to explore fictionally this familiar trope. On the other hand, what I really enjoy about the fic I linked above is that it features the reverse - sexuality (sort of) and love as a path to redemption instead of a temptation to evil.
      Last edited by Birdhead; December 29, 2009, 11:56:20 PM.
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Birdhead: That was it, that was the Kit/LP fic I'd seen! Cool that you'd found it!

The only stuff I've ever written was Nita/Kit, Dairine/Roshaun, Tom/Aunt Annie (if I could find the darn file), and maybe a few others; I'm not so much into writing slash-fics. I've read quite a few, though.
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Ponch/Spot. =D Cargo ship and animal ship in one!

Carmela/sentient TV or Kit/sentient TV. Or substitute the DVD player. Fun times.

Nita/sentient planet! I don't think Dairine would be happy with that.

I don't really do shipping so I think of crack pairings like these just for laughs.

Comment

Inkslinger: I've never considered LonePowerKit before, but it would be interesting. Personally, I like LonepowerDairine.

Caitlin: Falling in love with your manual? That could produce some... er... complex results.

Space Cadet: Actually, that makes sense, in an odd way. It would make an interesting fanfiction.

Nights Mistress: I can just imagine Kit trying to rescue Ronan from Carmela, and...... Of course, the best part would be when Kits dad met Ronan, he would be like
            Birdhead: I must read that fic.
            -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
            -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
            -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

Now Yuletide reveal is over, yeah, I'll admit it: I wrote Nita/Ed fic. Not my pairing idea! :P
              Las Vegas Boulevard is jammed, and I'm in love...

Comment

Woo Hoo Triala! I loved that one!

*applause*

I am in awe of writers who actually FINISH their stories. The only stories I've truly finshed, aside from a rough draft 6th grade one *shudder*-and it was awful- are the few that I have narrated to my sister.

Honestly.

And I haven't forgotten a single detail.

Typing makes me write MORE, but speaking makes me FINISH. *heehee* I'm kind of weird.

Hey, I should buy a speech-to-text thingy for my next narrated story- than I could actually have a story down on paper!

Waaaiiit a minute...*looks at thread* this is not a writing thread.

Oops. Sorry for the random gushing.

Okay: how about Kit/Nita or Ronan/Nita? I bet no one ever thought of that before!

Or- maybe- Dairine/Roshuan!!!!

Stand in AWE of my genius.

Carmela/silicon life form. Hey, where there's chocolate...

Comment

Carmela/S'reee? Wow, that was random.

When Darryl gets older, Carmela/Darryl. That'd be interesting.

Dairine/Quelt. Okay, now we know I'm just bored. :P

Comment

S'reee/Ed! Now that would just be creepy, considering he's dead...in Timeheart, maybe. See, they like each other!

This is an awesome thread. Kudos to Silverclaw for creating it.
                    Last edited by estar9821; January 4, 2010, 10:18:35 PM.
                    "This will look great next to my restraining order from Leonard Nimoy!" ~ Sheldon, Big Bang Theory

Comment

Thanks! I'm afraid I stole the idea from another site, though.
                      -Dreams are nice, but sometimes you have to live in reality. -Perhaps, but dreams are MY reality.
                      -It's only impossibe if you believe it is.
                      -Existence is belief. I believe in magic, so it's real to me.

Comment

I have thought of S'reee and Ed before... it could definitely be interesting. Someone who could actually finish a story (I feel your pain, Silvered) should maybe write a drabble. Anyone? :P
                        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

Oh my gosh I love your new avvie, Inkslinger!
                          Okay, how about Carmela/Lone Power? I'm going to black out my elaboration, just in case it borders on fanfic. The LP takes on his hot form from SYWTBAW, except younger, starts dating Carmela w/out her knowing what It is, then Kit has to blow It up.

Although I stand by my Carmela/silicon life form because of chocolate. HEY! The mobiles are silicon-based! Beanpole crushes on Carmela!

Sker'ret and the disembodied Quelt (WH).

Chao and Rhiow.

EDIT: And now you have a different avatar. I like this one too. *grin*

Comment

How 'bout Ronan/Roshaun? They both refuse to open up to anyone...could be interesting.
                            Lone Power/Champion?
                            I've read a few good Dairine/Carmela fics, but they're hard to do because of the age difference.
                            Tom/Champion or Carl/Champion?
                            Alright, that's all my brain is coming up with for now.

Comment

How about, really random here:
                              Fred/the evil helicopter from SYWTBAW

the fire worm thing/Dairine

the Queen of the Little People/Ronan

and Gigo/Spot.
                              Last edited by crazy_bookworm; January 21, 2010, 07:11:35 PM. Reason: Better formatting
                              I stand tall, proud, brave, straight, and strong.
                              Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance.
                              ~Book junkie~

Comment

96bookworms: Those last two are GOLD. After all, Ronan is the descendant of the Champion-as-Lugh, and the Queen of the Forth loved the Champion, I think, so it's perfect! (except for the whole she's-immortal-and-he-isn't issue..)
                                Gigo/Spot...hee hee. The logistics of that could be ...complicated.

Hmm....random Rirhait/Carmela! That's my contribution!

Comment

Working...
                                X