The Topic of Great Randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *huggles pops*
    Hmmm how about Zgirl! Words with Z. That's my life story and pain. Nobody loves the letter Z... *cries*
    I don't know what to wear for school! Jeans and a t-shirt? Oh! I don't have any clothes!
    I just got 3 skirts and no shirts. I don't know where to get clothes. I guess I'll go to Gadzooks because they have the coolest shirts ever. Zumeiz is a cool store too. Hmmm I don't know where to get clothes...Ahhhhh! *needs fashion advice* Having uniforms is a good thing in this situation...

Abby-Thanks for the book advice but with those titles mi padre y madre might look at me funny. I'll check out the one about the camel though! It sounds interesting!

Ohhhhh I hate skiing. It was miserable. I'm not one to take risks and so I hated going a steep hill at a million miles an hour trying to keep my feet straight ahead when I couldn't control myself or slow myself down...
    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• heh, know how you feel Z, when I rented them from the library I tried to refrain from going around showing the title to everyone in my family pretty much. I'm sure my mom and dad wonder what on Earth I'm reading half the time. haha. just got through a great book too, The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot. I love her books!! *wonders* I think the other books might have safer titles too, lemme go look. Eh, the others aren't particularly better, but not everyone may necessarily know what they mean (without the handy glossary thing in the back that is!! ) - Dancing in My Nuddy Pants is one of them, and the other is Knocked Out By My Nunga Nungas.

Clothes shopping?? I like stores like Zumiez, Anchor Blue, Pac Sun, etc. but don't usually actually shop there as they tend to run a bit expensive. Heh. I'm more of a Mervyn's / Target girl.
      ------------------------------
      Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
      -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

• Target is for me. My mom called me goth/motorcyclist because I got a bracelet that's black with spikes on it. Lately I've been painting my nails black too but I'm not goth! Black nails are awesome they're definitely a conversation starter. Maybe I shouldn't have told her I wanted that tatoo...(OMG I'm just kidding about the last part guys!)

Comment

• Nobody is here so I guess I'll talk to myself about how weird I am.
          I feel so odd liking Japanese things and all that anime and stuff because I'm the farthest thing from Japanese. I've even caught myself looking at JPop and Idol and stuff...I really want to live in Japan I think it would be the coolest place ever...
          I guess I'll stick with it. I'm having a obsessive japanese phase or something like that at the moment but all their stuff is so cool.
          Hee-hee I wondered what my mom would say if I came home in a kimono instead of black nail polish...lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Murray:
            UK trousers = US pants. UK pants = US underpants. Discussion about girls not allowed to wear pants to school = weird.
            Damn right...

I discovered that my old shcool had banned boys from wearing shorts (!!?!?!). Girls are still allowed to wear thigh length length skirts though... very weird. Further, this ban extends into the sixth form (i.e. post compulsory education), which doens't have a uniform. (unlike the rest of the school). Ahem... slight rant.

I dislike clothes shopping, unless I fund what I like very quickly.
            "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

• Welcome back Ella.

*huggles* I like the letter Z! The Book is called Planet Janet by Dyan Sheldon.

biscuits= cookies; blokes= men/boys; bog roll= toilet paper; brilliant=very good, excellent; carrier bag= plastic shopping bag; chemist= pharmacy; chips= french fries; chuffed= pleased; crisp, crisp wrapper= potato chip, bag of potato chips; cupboard=closet; dinner lady= a woman who cooks or serves food in a school cafeteria

I'll post more later

I went to Serena's first birthday party. She is a very sweet baby. You don't evven mind when she kicks your macaroni salad on your skirt lool

I watched Labyrinth again today, it's a really good movie
              ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

• I MISSED THE CHAT PARTY! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! NOT FAIR!!!!!! AND I BET TOP DIDN'T COME EITHER!!!! She hasn't posted yet. I'm gunna kill her. I should take a few hours right now to walk to her house and beat her senseless. EVIL HER!!!!

I haven't been on on the computer ALL WEEKEND!! Surprizingly, togr has only gone up like two pages. Odd.

Girls not allowed to wear pants at school? NO! I WILL NOT HAVE IT!
                Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

• Ugh, theses ppl on VGDawn are driving me up thw walls! I am not going to start! Okay, I just used up all of my time on VGDawn, and not ime for here! Ugh, it's definatly not going to be like this tommorow, I promise! Okasies, I have to go before my dad wlakes in. I will write more tommorow! Bye!
                  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                  **Neets**
                  CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• I finally made it through the last posts.... doesn't leave me much time to comment, so I will leave the commenting to someone else with more time than I have.

I'll say HOLA PEOPLES!!!!! I have been busy, hense the not being here thing. Kinda gonna stay that way for a while, I think. Ahh well.

The most notable thing that has happened to me is that I have discovered a great author... super funny too. Louise Rennison writes the series Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. I read 'Away Laughing on a Fast Camel' and it was hilarious. Georgia is an English girl who lives in a strange family with strange cats and strange friends and tries very hard to do lots of snogging. It is full of Brittish slang and is completely eye-watering. I haven't laughed reading a book in a long time so this was pretty good!
                    -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                    The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

• I haven't been on VGDawn for so long. Everytime I go on it there seem to be no topic that I can relate too or read up to enough to relate too. If anyone needs me to join their topic I will do it.
                      I have a feeling most people on VGDawn don't like my character either. She's too bratty and talks a little too much. (Wow. Just like me! lol.)

Comment

• Has anyone posted in our topic? The Underground cave? I keep forgetting to check... I don't think we've done anything for the fairies yet.

Nevermind, I just checked. Oops, I should have posted a long time ago. Sorry 'bout that.
                        <3
                        the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

• "Space may be the final frontier but it's made in a Hollywood basement...Dream of Californic--" Whoops. Not exactly clean. Sorry guys...that's the ONLY Red Hot Chili Peppers song I know and it STILL gets stuck in my head. Thanks to my cousin. He likes to get songs stuck in my head...but that's okay I love him anyway.

Z, you've been to Martha's Vineyard?? AWESOME! My aunt has a house up there *coughrichcough* on the small island of Chappaquidick (that's probably wrong but I really have no idea how to spell it...). So when we go into town it's Edgartown. Have you been there? I love Martha's Vineyard!

Anyway I had one of the best times ever on vacation. I was with four cousins and my little sister and my parents. These cousins are from my mom's side, and on my mom's side there were four babies born in 1990. I was one of them. (The last one. Sigh.) The others are my cousins Meg, Peter, and Dave. They were up there, along with Meg's sister Kate, who is the same age as my sister Hannah. And I had an AWESOME time. I don't get to spend as much time with Peter and Dave as I would like to, and I love seeing them. It was a great four days on the island. Coming back we had to carry all eight people (the six kids and my parents) in our seven-person minivan. We brought everyone over on the ferry and then crammed in for the three-hour drive to our mutual grandfather's house. Well, we lived. During the ride we were hoping that maybe we could go for a swim once we got there (my grandfather has a pool in his backyard) even though it would be after ten. When we got there the first thing my grandfather said to us was, "Do you want to go for a swim?" Shortly, the four older kids got into a vicious battle over the floating raft thing that they have for their pool. The thing's like a waterproof mattress, not just one of those flimsy blow-up things. It was Meg and I against Dave and Peter, and we all thoroughly beat each other up. Most of it went something like this:

Peter: Get off the seacraft, vile woman! [He was talking to me...he calls me vile woman now. He's so weird. ]
                          Me: No, you get off!
                          [general pushing, splashing, laughter, and incoherence]
                          Meg: Ella, push him off!
                          Me: Hold on! Hold on! Ow, let go of my wrist!
                          Dave: Ow, that was right in the mouth!
                          [more general pushing, splashing, laughter, and incoherence]

Finally we had to stop. We had all been kicked, pushed, splashing, and elbowed (I got Dave's elbow right in the braces...ow) but we were laughing. It was the most fun I've had in awhile.

Now that I've bored you all...
                          My school starts on September 9th. I'm sure that in a few days I'll start to get bored and ready for school to start. I go to a private school and it has a dress code, which is not so hard to live with. My old school had a uniform that was not so terrible either. Uniforms are really easy. My mom, however, thinks my new school is gravitating toward a uniform. We'll see.

Does anyone have any advice for my cousin Meg? She's a grade older than me and in her first year at a big public high school. She just got her schedule and discovered that she's not in any classes with any of her friends, not even lunch. She's pretty scared about it. I'm not sure how to help. The closest I've been to this situation before myself is moving, and this is a little different. Does anyone have any advice for her? Thanks.

Whoosh. That was loooooong.
                          *Ella*
                          "But the night rolls around, and it all starts making sense
                          There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
                          And so I do what I do, and at least I exist;
                          What could mean more than this?"
                          --Bright Eyes

Comment

• Speaking of songs that get stuck in people's heads, did you know that the three groups most likely to get songs stuck in their heads are women, musicians, and scitzophrenics? What does that say about women, musicians, and schizophrenics? Seriously, what does that say about the people who come up with that kind of thing, because that means that over fifty percent of the human race is most likely to get songs stuck in their heads? So why don't they just say that the only people less likely to get songs stuck in their heads are men who are neither musicians nor schizophrenic? So, how much of the human population would that leave you with? And did I even spell the long form of schizo right a single time in this entire post? And I'm rambling, aren't I? Okay, semiramis is going to shut up now...

*checks backwards*

...if the guys aren't allowed to wear short pants, then what do you do when it gets uber-hot?

Comment

• *wimpers* Has anyone looked at the recent posts in the Waiting for Naeva topic? Massive post after massive post. It's all Naeva and Dwin's fault. But ha! They didn't beat my longest post in length.

So what's the UK word for an American chemist if chemist to them is a pharmacy?

"...but in my mind if I/ I can't rely on myself..."

I will be at the next chat and so will everyone else. And so will my Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory Park CD.

Uhhh... why women and not men? I could understand musician, 'cept for it's more burned in their brain rather than simply 'stuck.'

WorldSoul members are complaining about people not posting. *pokepoke* So if you don't want Worldsoul to die and you have enough time to save it, go save it! I don't have enough time or will to wade through all of the posts I'm missing. I read all ALL of the posts at VGDawn, excluding the ones that slipped away to the bottom of the boards while I wasn't looking.

*cries* School in 7 days...
                              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• oooh, Chani you've read the Louise Rennison books?? yay!! that's who I was just telling Z about.. so that's the name of the series: Confessions of Georgia Nicholson. I agree though, they're awesome books, espeically some of the random parts with Libby too, I think I started crying from laughing so hard at one of thos epoints.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are awesome!! songs that get stuck in my head. Slippery Fish. AUGH NO!! even talking about songs getting stuck in heads makes me think of that. *blames cross country team members for reminding me of that song in the first place* still don't even know all the proper words.

sounds like you had a good time swimming though!! It's like that with my cousins, they have a pool and we always get in fights over the rafts. I have 24 cousins total!! Quite a bit. On my dad's side, the ones with the pool we go to most, there's 2 guys my age, we're all 9 months apart. haha. One of the guy cousins was born Nov. 88, I was born aug. 89, and then my other guy cousin was born may 90. on my dad's side I'm in the middle more, but on my mom's I'm one of the older cousins, and my cousin Allison on that side is only 6 months older than me.

and advice for your friend Ella? sorry , can't be of too much help. I had something with basically all of my friends or at least people I knew in each class cos 27 of the 33 people in my old class came to my high school with me. *shrugs* but, some good advice would be to get involved with sports or clubs/activities, cos that's a good way to get to know people. Cross country started in the summer so I also met a bunch of people there too.
                                ------------------------------
                                Have a cookie. it makes life better. If you don't like cookies, I suggest you seek professional help.

"So why should I take your hand when you can't promise happy endings?"
                                -Amber Pacific "Thoughts Before Me"

Comment

Working...
                                X