Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Twilight and New Moon....Anyone read them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The books were really good I couldn't put them down! It only took me three days to read all of them. it only took me that long because I had to wait to go to the bookstore. ^^

I can't wait to see the movie!
    "What, No strange things or demons to deal with? How Boring" ~Sham, When Demons Walk

Comment

• Mousey: I've been steering clear of these books and this thread for the same reason. I read a couple of posts, and it didn't really catch my attention. I have however, now seen the movie (my housemate and I watched it together), and I'm curious about the books now. I don't think a movie like that would be doing the books justice. There were things missing, descriptions of reactions that Kristen Stewart did a good job of portraying, but I think that a prose description might be better.

Comment

• I love Twilight series, it has it's own story and that's what captures the reader's attention.

Comment

• I saw the movie first and i still didn't really want to reed them until my girlfriend made me but after the first few chapters i really go hooked...new moon was intensly sad though.

Originally posted by Zirsta View Post
          Of course we're good insane people. Being insane over books doesn't corrupt your mind like being insane over other thins. *glares at brother playing Halo*

Besides, at least we're happy, not miserable because we haven't found Twilight to obsess over. One of my friends' sisters are hiding it from her right now...
          hahai don't know after my gf read those she went insane and decided to see the movie after she saw that she went insane over edward actualy shes sulking next to me looking dreamily at his face in a magazine as i type.
          *glares menicingly at magazine then quickly focuses on the open fireplace*
          Last edited by Garrett Fitzgerald; January 6, 2009, 10:37:04 AM. Reason: consolidating double posts
          It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
          That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

• Originally posted by Septimus
            hahai don't know after my gf read those she went insane and decided to see the movie after she saw that she went insane over edward actualy shes sulking next to me looking dreamily at his face in a magazine as i type.
            *glares menicingly at magazine then quickly focuses on the open fireplace*

Yeahhh my bf doesn't like the fact I'm sooo obsessed over Twilight but whatever. I can like whatever I want and so can he. I doooo sort of obsess over the name Edward though. I see it everywhere which makes me squeal.

Kind of sad.

Oh and try to just edit your last post so you don't double post... It's like kind of the rule here, and I just don't want you to get tackled. Haha.
            Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
            Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
            It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
            Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Originally posted by Emi View Post
              Oh and try to just edit your last post so you don't double post... It's like kind of the rule here, and I just don't want you to get tackled. Haha.
              Too late, got it already. :-)

(Random non-one-liner addendum: I think this is the longest I've used that sig quote without having anyone comment on it. Has that technique finally gone mainstream?)
              "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
                Too late, got it already. :-)

(Random non-one-liner addendum: I think this is the longest I've used that sig quote without having anyone comment on it. Has that technique finally gone mainstream?)
                Actually... how did you get that to do that? Haha. I was wondering about it the other day...

Back on topic.

I found a t-shirt at one of my favorite stores that said "I kissed a vampire and I liked it" and another one that said "Vegetarian Vampires". I got the "Vegetarian Vampires" one... it made me laugh. And no the store wasn't Hot Topic.
                Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emi View Post
                  Actually... how did you get that to do that? Haha. I was wondering about it the other day...
                  http://www.fileformat.info/convert/text/upside-down.htm

My Wikipedia signature used to be upside down, too, but when I put in my Request for Adminship, people were of the opinion that I needed to actually be figure-out-able. :-)
                  "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

• Garrett, I did notice the signature, but I don't think I ever remembered to say something, because I normally forget everything but what I'm typing...sad, I know. Do we have a smiley that shows someone wacking their own head? I can't find one. This is good enough for now though.

Back on topic: I don't understand why nobody likes the movie. I loved it, and I'm unsubscribing from this thread because I'm tired of reading an email that just bashes the movie...

I'm going to go to the TOGR now, so I can get off topic as much as I want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrett Fitzgerald View Post
                      http://www.fileformat.info/convert/text/upside-down.htm

My Wikipedia signature used to be upside down, too, but when I put in my Request for Adminship, people were of the opinion that I needed to actually be figure-out-able. :-)

hey cool now that you mention it i see your signature. it looks realy cool although i cracked my neck trying to read it. LOL
                      It is better to die on your feat then to live a life on your knees-Emiliano Zapata.
                      That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.-dad

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwendi View Post
                        Garrett, I did notice the signature, but I don't think I ever remembered to say something, because I normally forget everything but what I'm typing...sad, I know. Do we have a smiley that shows someone wacking their own head? I can't find one. This is good enough for now though.

Back on topic: I don't understand why nobody likes the movie. I loved it, and I'm unsubscribing from this thread because I'm tired of reading an email that just bashes the movie...

I'm going to go to the TOGR now, so I can get off topic as much as I want.
                        Gwendi, I don't understand how people don't like the movie either!!! But there were a couple people I have found in my classes who hasn't even read the book and they all said that they LOVED it! I was shocked because there was a few things missing from the book that's a bit crucial... but I'm glad people who haven't read it liked it. I can't wait for the next one.

Comment

• The twilight movie was good, but a bit boring sometimes - too close to the book. I liked the series, but thought The Host was even better.
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Working...
                          X