Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first line on the 46th page of the book closest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'the ambulance was far ahead of them, driving slowly'-Wish You Well, David Baldacci.

This is my Dad's book i think but it sound weird if the ambulance is driving slowly.

Evil will always lose.- Miep Gies
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

"'Your looks do,' Meg said."
      That's from Madeline L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time, and I'm mailny using this as an opportunity to plug the book. I haven't seen it talked about much in the various Fave books posts; I can only assume that's because it is quite ancient (Newbery medal Winner of 1963). However, READ IT! NOW! Do not delay, because it's fantastic.
      Ka kite
      Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
      Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
      Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
      *sob* back to school....*sob*
      My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

I love Wrinkle. It was the first sci-fi type book I ever read. Has anyone heard anything about what happened to the TV miniseries that was supposed to be made of it[]

Yours till the bed spreads,
        Rowen Avalon
        mysites/ravensiggys/constitutionality
        Rowen Avalon

"I told you she was going to turn you into a soggy beermat. No one ever listens to me." - Jonny, AWAb (My fav moment!)
        "IB helps you with stress management. It throws all this stress at you and says, 'Manage it!' Then you have your b

Comment

"And often enough the manual'lllet you find outsomething for yourself, rather than just tell you about it."
          -A Wizard Alone, by Diane Duane
          (This was actually the closest book; it was on my computer desk.)

Comment

Birdhead--I love that whole series. One of the niftiest things about Ms. L'Engle for me is that I have yet to read one of her fiction books that is not somehow linked to another one, even if only by the mention of a name. I've not read all of them by any means, but part of the problem is that some are out of print and very hard to find.

Inside every cynic there's an idealist desperately yearning to be let out, and when they are let out they're usually a real pain and cause all sorts of trouble. --Chris Boucher

Comment

The Time Quartet rules!!!!!!!!!!

*Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

mine is really funny!!!

it says "More detergent and bleach, and i hurried naked through my house and into the shower, where I scrubbed with phisoderm, not an inch spared, not the inside of my ears and nose, or under my nails, fingers and toes, and I brushed my teethe in there."

long, huh?

Comment

Dussel was again struck dumb by such igenuity and, when he had explored further out superpractical exquisite little "Secret Annexe," he could do nothing but gaze about him in astonisishment.-Anne Frank the Diary of A Young Girl.
                  Has anyone read this book? it is REALLY good.

*Agent~M*
                  "I could live

Comment

oops. 'out' is supposed to be our.

*Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

Hmmm....*grabs nearest random book*

"So bildet man des Passive: werden+Partizip||"

Okay, I can't help it if it's my german grammer book! I have no idea what that means, either, so don't ask. Translate yourself.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
                      Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Comment

Cool idea! My book is To Kill a MOckingbird:

-"Arthur Radley when he was a boy. He always spoke nice to me, no matter what his folks said he did. Spoke as nicely as he knew how."

"Until I feaed I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love to breath." -Harper Lee

Comment

And right beside him, very close to his ear, a a voice has just said DARK IN HERE ISN'T IT?- the light Fantastic Terry pratchett
                          and
                          As a result, water molecules surround the individual sodium and chloride ions, seperating and sheilding them from one another. -my Bio book

*Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*
                          *Wooosh I be polydactial yo!*

Comment

OOh, Terry Pratchett. Funny books...
                            I happen to have a book on my lap. Here you are:
                            "Silly question. That other one must be deaf not to have heard Teleri yelling at him."
                            And that would be from So You wnat to be a Wizard. *g* I was just at the library today...
                            ka kite
                            Tui

Tuibird in Aotearoa
                            Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
                            Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
                            Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
                            My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
                            STRESSING
                            She Who Is Supposed To be in Three or Four Places At Once every Lunchtime for the Next Two Weeks.
                            Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

Fun fun!! Okay, here's the line:

"feeble, weak; fragile; seishin"

Haha... it's a Japanese common usage dictionary!!
                              in my field of paper flowers

Comment

SOLUTION i) When the coin is stationary the velocity does not change. The forces are in equilibrium and R=W.
                                Mechanics 1 2nd Edition, Pat Bryden

Ewww.....

Hannah / LittleOwl xx

'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'
                                'Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature. An endothermic qaudroped, carniverous by nature.'

Comment

Working...
                                X