Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the first line on the 46th page of the book closest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's such a good quote, too...
    T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
    Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
    Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
    Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
    My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
    Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
    Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I know...but that whole book is a quote. Seriously, whenever I start quoting I find another one a little way down the page, and the when I quote that I find another...and another...

I am what I am
      I'm super fortified hundred proof girl with a band
      and I'm a velveteen rabbit made of steel with a plan...
      I'll save the planet change the world
      I'll make a one girl stand
      --Superchic[k], 'Real'
      My art place thing - http://paperdragoness.deviantart.com
      OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
      --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• *nods* it's a Pratchett thing. That's why the Pratchett Quote File rules the school...
        T

Tuibird in Aotearoa
        Conservationist, Scientist, and proud of both!
        Chocolate lover extraordinaire...
        Ahahahaha, ahahahahaha, ahahahaha...
        My mission: Bringing Maori to the world!
        Spelling Freak and Typo Queen
        Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• Coconuts!!!

Dai
          Aundrea of The Dirty Rotten City
          I Wear My Suglasses at Night
          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
          CRUD-MONKEYS!!!!
          And that is all I have to say about that.

"It takes two to speak the truth- one to speak, and one to hear."
          -Henry David Thoreau

"How about we make it three shillings, and forget the name."
          Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow- "Pirates of the Caribbean"
          :wigglesmile: :flycatcher:
          Now aren't you happy that you read this!?
          A sheperdess is quite a mess, but little lambs are lovely....

Comment

• Tui: I went there...did you notice that they don't have any TAMAHED quotes? I was sad--it's my fave Pratchett book. But the others are funny. I'll probably change my sig when I get a chance.
            crookedfrog: Coconuts? Coconuts are good...but I have no idea what you're talking about.

I am what I am
            I'm super fortified hundred proof girl with a band
            and I'm a velveteen rabbit made of steel with a plan...
            I'll save the planet change the world
            I'll make a one girl stand
            --Superchic[k], 'Real'
            OK, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several million for good thinking, yeah?
            --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• Oh! It's almost a month later and I reread this thread because I'm posting on really old threads I haven't posted on in awhile and I FINALLY get it! I know, I'm slow...

"That's right," he said. "We're philosophers. We think, therefore we am."
              -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
              --Douglas Adams, HHGG

Comment

• I have loads of books near me.

Two adult musk oxen with a calf.-National Geographic, July 1999 copy.

At last light a pack of dogs living on a dry sand ridge in Botswana`s Okavango Delta heads off for the evening hunt.-National Geographic, May 1999 copy.

"Lord Asriel`s been nursing a rebellion in his heart for as long as I`ve served him, that`s one thing I know."-The Subtle Knife, by Philip Pullman.

Ama, the herdsman`s girl, carried the image of the sleeping girl in her memory: she could not stop thinking about her.-The Amber Spyglass, by Philip Pullman.

He was strongly tempted to tell her so, but then Kit came up against a bizarre notion that doing that under the present circumstances would be somehow unfair.-The Wizard`s Dilemma, By Diane Duane.

"That`s enough," said Pod. "We don`t want none of that now."-The Borrowers Afield, by Mary Norton.

A violent gust of wind howled down from farther up the mountain.-Tale of the Toa, by C.A. Hapka.

"I suppose so," Pohatu said. "If we can figure out a way to separate the krana-kal from the Bohrok-Kal, we just might-"-Makuta`s Revenge, by C.A. Hapka.

Think that`s enough?
                "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
                Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

• Books near me?! I am surrounded by heaps of manga, WAHAHAHA!!

Including:

Death Note Vol 2: "It's been giving me bad dreams and I've hardly slept at all inthe last five days. I've lost ten pounds." [apperently, killing people is getting to Light]

Chobits Vol 2:" Really?! I'd love to join you![on a date]!"

Furuba (fruits basket) vol 2: "Don't pout, Kyon-kyon."

DN Angel series: too many to quote... >_>

I seem to like the second volumes of series alot or something...

Comment

• Eragon opened his mind, still uncomfortable with th strange sensation, and told the dragon he was leaving. P. 46, Eragon.

Hmmm...I have a lot of books...this one was under my foot.

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

• "...quietly over her sholder."Sound happy".And she..."Deep Wizardry"
                      The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
                      DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

• ...absence of articular abnormalities tends to distinguish polymyalgia from arterial insufficiency or arthritis.
                        A common clinical problem is presented by the "achey" patient with a normal physical examination. The causes of this clinical picture...
                        From pg46 (Chapter 7: Pain in the Extremities) ofHarrison's Principles of Internal Medicine(10th edition)

Hehheheh... My mom works at Johns Hopkins... I have no idea what this junk means.
                        Ronan's my role model. He's cool, smart, and has a pen that can destroy whatever he wants it to. If only life were that easy.

Comment

• Um, it's a bunch of charts...

A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking...

Okay, page 46 was no good, but page 47:

"...a steady speed. Finally, there is a third kind of solution, in which the..."

[edited to combine a double-post --kli.]

Comment

• were safely gone if you knew what was good for you.

I've noticed with a lot of these lines is that if I didn't know what book this was from I wouldn't recognise it, even if I'd read it recently.

Comment

• Page 46 of the Norton Anthology

He was utterly valiant and venturesome
                              Just my luck, they ran out of cookies again!

I have a demon cat that was spawned from Satan.

Comment

• He he I like this idea!

Lets see...the closest was the A-Ann book of a series of encyclopedias...

Abbas 1 (ah-bahs') Abbas 1, b. Jan.27, 1571, d. Jan 19, 1629, shah of Persia (1588-1629), expanded Persia's boundaries to the Indus in the east and to the Tigris in the west.

Not too exciting, I know...but for the record its the Grolier Encyclopedia of Knowledge A-Ann
                                "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
                                -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
                                'Creator of Sonderwear'
                                -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X