Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <span class="ev_code_purple">Originally posted by wizy123:
    ... but i do have to say for smallvile got really boring huh?</span>
    I didn't say it was boring. Just that it was mildly enjoyable. I generally watch Smallville for the comic book injokes. I loved the episode "Justice," because of all the Justice League references and jokes they managed to work in. But the whole angsty shippy goodness doesn't really interest me that much, while for other people it's the only reason they tune in.
    <span class="ev_code_purple">have you ever heard of farscape? that was a good show (i only watched about 3 episods though)</span>
    I watched Farscape from the day it first aired until Peacekeeper Wars. I was all excited about the show about a year before it aired because it was going to be Henson's creature shop and production team with Rockne S. O'Bannon (whom I loved for Alien Nation) showrunning. I loved Farscape, but I think that by the third season it was running out of steam.

<span class="ev_code_blue">Originally posted by bookworm6:
    Didn't Jane Eyre play on Masterpiece Theatre, or am I thinking of something else? I watched that the other night (it was on DVD) and it was pretty good.</span>
    Yup. A new version of Jane Eyre just, er, aired on Masterpiece Theatre. It is pretty good, but my problem is that I remember a 1983 version of it that was an absolutely perfect adaptation and no other Jane Eyre I've ever seen measures up. Such are the problems you have when you get old.

<span class="ev_code_purple">Originally posted by wizy123:
    masterpice? that sounds familar. what is it about?</span>
    Masterpiece Theatre is on Sunday nights on PBS, and has been for about thirty years. It showcases English-language television (most of it British) in an anthology format. Since most British television seasons are a lot shorter than the typical American 22-episode season, someone at PBS got the bright idea to create a framework series to group these 4-to-12 episode serieses together, to create something viable for the US market.

Early on, the show was mostly adaptations of literary classics, and the literary costume drama has remained a staple of the show. But they also would pick shows for artistic or political merit. I loved the hell out of it when I was 13 and discovered it, and I haven't stopped watching it (or its sister program, Mystery!) since. I may not catch everything they bring over, but I'll check their schedules periodically just to see what they're going to be broadcasting.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• wow ill seee if i can check it out it sound interesting. who wwould have thought that the U.S. is so differnt then everyone else. i guess i live in a bubble. umm has any one heard of law and order??? im sure a lot of people have. what do you think of it im doing a survey on what people like and thats one of the questions.
      its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• You know, anyone else notice how people, including myself, post the same favorites here again and again and again in response to other people saying they like the same thing? (not just in response, but often actually relisting everything in order to avoid one liners* *shrugs* oh well...I like watching smallvile personally, and though i never actually READ the comic books...i know enough of the history to find how some of it works out fairly funny. *grins* i personally like gilmore girls, also, though i know at least a couple of people here don't.
        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• they have a small vill comic????*in shock* wow i cannt belive it that is cool. oh well. what about charmed while it was still on alot but now that its over and done they do it no more. *cries*
          its a long long walk to the end of the earth... but let me tell you if im walking to you then i'll walk farther than you would have dreamed possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by wizy123:
            they have a small vill comic????*in shock* wow i cannt belive it that is cool.
            (dryly) Yeah, it's called Action Comics (not to mention Superman and The Adventure of Superman; only been around for about 70 years or so... [grin].

Smallville takes things from the DC universe and puts their own twist on 'em. For example, Red Kryptonite. In the comics, it had a completely random effect that lasted (iirc) 72 hours. Perfect plot generator. On Smallville, the fun is seeing that a) they've got Red Kryptonite and b) how they changed it into something else entirely.

I'm wondering how the Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic book is going to come out, given that Joss Whedon will be writing it, and he's saying, very specifically, that it's Buffy "Season 8." I never watched Charmed, because I always preferred watching Buffy.

Hmm. Reminds me. Guess I should go unlock the manga/comics thread.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Countryfan1394 Posted 12 Mar, 2007 16:51
              OK basiclly list your favorite tv shows and talk about it with others. Here are mine; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Smallville, Lost, and Lost. Just list yours and if you know anything about mine say it.
              [--"moved" into already existing thread. Sorry to lose your attribution, countryfan! --kli]

Comment

• ya i some what remember the episode with red kryptonite. didnt that make him in love with that girl???? or was it another kind of kryptonite????

Comment

• On Smallville red kryptonite more or less replaces alcohol as a storytelling device. It remove inhibitions and allows Clark to act in a completely uncharacteristic way. Ditto Lois when she uses the red kryptonite lipstick.

They've also used black and silver kryptonite on the show. No sign yet of gold. And one wonders if they'll do blue...

... I do remember that one of my favorite television moments ever was in an episode of Buffy where she lost her powers and Xander tried to describe it as being like gold kryptonite, only he got the color wrong and then he and Oz began arguing about the different colors of Kryptonite and what they did. And it just made me very happy to know that the writers of Buffy were comic book geeks like me.

I was a little less happy about Veronica Mars and their characterization of folks who attend the San Diego Comic-Con [grin], but since they know we love them, they probably felt safe abusing us. And besides, we give them an extremely hard time over each and every location they use (VM films in San Diego, so we know exactly which bits of UCSD and SDSU are standing in for Hearst College).

Comment

• I honestly don't remember that particular conversation in Buffy. WOW. that's a first. I do remember the episode though. I guess the kryptonite references don't stick quite as much with me, cause I didn't even know there were different colors of it. Teehee. I feel out of it.
                    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
                    I promise not to funfun anymore
                    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• ... I do remember that one of my favorite television moments ever was in an episode of Buffy where she lost her powers and Xander tried to describe it as being like gold kryptonite, only he got the color wrong and then he and Oz began arguing about the different colors of Kryptonite and what they did. And it just made me very happy to know that the writers of Buffy were comic book geeks like me.
                      THat was my fifth favorite episode of Buffy. When Buffy Doesn't have any slayer powers at all... I just liked how she killed the vampire. Kli 6 when is the season 8 comic coming out, do you know?

Comment

• how many differnt kinds of kryptonite are their? i dont remember their being alot but the way you are describing them it sounds like theri are alot

Comment

• *remebers the silver cryptonite* it wasn't really cryptonite at all though...it was braniac, making a rock LOOK like cryptonite, and making it have an effect on clark, causing him to THINK it was silver cryptonite. WAS there actually a silver cryptonite? i never actually read the comics...just know enough about them to get the jokes, and the hints, and such like that.
                          I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• [img]http://ca.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geuk74eflFjOIA6bX2FAx./SIG=128p60kbh/EXP=1174063992/**http%3A//www.funnypix.ca/d/3250-1/Andromeda_Galaxy.jpg[/img] Moon 14 Posted 15 Mar, 2007 14:31
                            who knows the show dr. who??
                            i love doctor who. does anyone know what i'm talking about? it's a british tv show.
                            [moved over from Miscellaneous. Sorry to lose your attribution, moon14! --kli.]

Comment

• Guys, I'm going to answer the kryptonite and Buffy Season 8 comic questions over in the comic book thread since it's a little off topic here.

I love DOCTOR WHO. The third season is starting up on the BBC on March 31, I hear. The CBC is probably going to get it by the summer. No idea when Sci-Fi gets it (sigh). I'm really looking forward to the new stories--I've heard one of the episodes is [spoiler: <span class="ev_code_white">going to have Shakespeare in it!</span>].

And, of course, we can count the Doctor as a YW character, too.

Comment

• alright. on tho the comic thread to read the answer*stiking finger in the air. (dont ask)

Comment

Working...
                                X