No announcement yet.

Television

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, this is just me, but Season 6 is my favorite season. Maybe I like depressing, I have no idea, but I really like it. I don't know much about Season 3 or Season 5, so I'm not truly informed here, but I really liked the introspection that the characters got into. It was more about the people and less about the action in Season 6, and maybe a little bit too much for some people. Other reasons I've heard were an overload on Spike in season 6, which I can kind of understand. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Spike. Anyone who saw my old avie, or my lj avie, or who can see my location would know that. But Spike is better in smaller doses. You shouldn't know everything about him. He's better when he's kind of mysterious and less in the open, which happened in season 6.
    Another reason might be the introduction of Dawn. A lot of people saw that as a sign that the show was getting old and running out of ideas and so they had to introduce a little sister.
    As to Willow, I liked her more in the earlier seasons, but that might just be because I don't particularly like Tara. She's just too shy. Speaking of Buffy/Angel, I JUST GOT THREE NEW SEASONS ON DVD!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHA! I was GOING to get Season 3, but they sold it ten minutes before I got there, and I wanted to buy them while there was a sale. I got season 7 of Buffy and seasons 1 and 2 of Angel. According to one of my friends Angel (the whole show)gets stupid during Seasons 3 and 4 because of Jasmine. Do you think it gets stupid? Any ideas as to why?
    The Taiko Dodo and Mitten of Insanity
    I promise not to funfun anymore
    Be happy cause life is good

Comment

• Just imho, but Season 3 of Angel got bad for the same reason Season 6 of Buffy got bad (same time), and that Season 4 of Angel got good ("Smile Time"!!!) for the same reason Season 7 of Buffy got good: no Joss vs. Joss.

You have to realize these shows were all going on in parallel with each other. BTW, I think that Angel Season 1 makes the most sense, if you watch it with Buffy Season 4. There are a lot of two-parters that ran across the two shows because they were shown back-to-back on the WB that year. Then Buffy jumped to UPN, and they had to stop doing that.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Yeah, I just got season 1 of Angel on DVD and a bunch of parts seem like they're sort of missing. Like it makes sense without them, but you'd like to know what happened in them and so you assume they just happened on Buffy instead of Angel. Plus there's just some little stuff, like Angel will call Buffy and then think better of it and hang up and Buffy will get a phone call with no one on the other end.
        Do you think Jasmine is an annoying butt as my friend seemed to think?

Comment

• "Annoying butt"? No. That would be Glory. One can never completely hate any character being played by Gina Torres.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Yeah, she hated Glory too. Personally I think Glory is just funny. She's so annoyingly idiotic all you want to do is whack her upside the head. Of course then you'd get incinerated or some other such thing, so probly not a good idea.
            The person that drives me completely batty is Faith. I CANNOT STAND her. She calls Buffy "B"! Good gravy how stupid is that?!

Comment

• Nah, I love Faith. She's probably my favorite of all the recurring characters. I especially loved the whole "Faith's redemption" storyline that ran through S4 Buffy and S1 Angel. The episode where Buffy and Faith switched bodies was amazing--Gellar and Dushku must've spent hours rehearsing and watching each other to pull that one off. Dushku in particular--the bit in the armored van when she was Buffy was priceless. You've not see Seasons 3 or 4 of Buffy. Trust me. You'll like Faith before it's done.

Comment

• I've seen pretty much of Season 4 and a bit of Season 3, and at least in Season 3 EVERY time I saw her all I wanted to do was strangle her. She drives me crazy.
                I didn't see the switching bodies ep, but I know which one you're talking about. I should watch that one next time I get a chance.
                I dunno if I'll ever like Faith. I mean, I've got season 7 and I'm watching it, and even when she's good and trying to save the world I still don't like her. It's just her attitude. Like with Harmony. Sometimes she can be funny, but after awhile I want to tell her to stop being Hilary Duff.

Comment

• Ah, I stand corrected. I thought you hadn't yet seen Seasons 1-3. Well, then, I guess it's just one of those different taste things. I always loved the Faith episodes both on Buffy and Angel. She was sort of the female version of Spike, for me.

Is anybody else watching Battlestar Galactica? I'm having far more fun with it than I thought I would. I particularly enjoy the new Cylon spin of making them Terminator-pass-for-human-like.

Comment

• I think it's the way she talks that annoys me. I really I haven't seen all of 1-3, and I think I might just like her character (I mean, come on, rogue Slayer? How fun is that?) if it weren't for her attitude. Just get over yourself Faith!

Comment

• So, at Con, I got to see the last half of the pilot for Supernatural, and while the two leads are great, I gotta say, it's a bit more horror/scary movie/gross than I'd want to be watching on a weekly basis. Why is it that all the new SF shows are all X-Files descendents?

Comment

• I just found out that a Buffy store (completely Buffy!) might be opening near me!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! And that most of the cast will probably be coming to it in February. However, I'm trying not to get too excited because I only heard this from my friend and she isn't always the most reliable source of information. But I'm hoping!!!!!!!!!!!! I would die if the cast came. I would probably faint right there.

Comment

• Ignore this if your folks don't let you watch TV-MA shows. But I find I'm really getting into Over There on FX. It's soooo weird watching a war show set in the present-day.

On the TV-Y7 end of the spectrum, I'm also enjoying the hell out of The Life and Times of Juniper Lee on Cartoon Network. (The show's creator, Judd Winick, btw, was a housemate on The Real World: San Francisco.) It's got a setup similar to Buffy's--a Chosen One to fight the monsters, etc. The humor is nice and snarky and the amount of story they pack into 20+ minutes is astounding.

How much do television ratings affect what you're watching?

Comment

• Ok, so my favorite tv shows this season so far are: <UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>Rome <LI>Over There <LI>Veronica Mars <LI>Gilmore Girls <LI>House[/list]I kind of like Surface, Prison Break, Supernatural, and Close to Home, but I don't rush home to watch them. What about you?

Comment

• Hey, have you guys seen Commander in Chief? GREAT show! Very feminist... First Woman President heheheheheh. The first episode rocked and if anyone's just looking into it (it's on at 8:00 central time and 9:00 pacific time... and western time or whatever it's called would be 7:00 I think...) you need to find some way to see the first one, or you might get a little lost, and you're missing out on some great speeches and lines. There've only been 3 though so you wouldn't be too lost...
                              Yeah... so favorite shows:
                              *Gilmore Girls
                              *Commander in Chief
                              * Whatever else is on... oh, and Friends I guess lol, and Close to Home is good too...

Kli: When did Rome start?? I wanted to see that...
                              *Agent~M*
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                              "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                              "I could live

Comment

• I have to say that my favorite shows so far are House and Medium. I haven't seen Commander in Chief yet, I don't know when it is on.
                                Lover of Most Books...
                                Finder of Lost Things...
                                Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
                                Wonder of the West...

Comment

Working...
                                X