No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna see the Terminal! Tom Hanks rocks! Hollywood is evil.... always changing stuff... *grr*
    OOH!!! Secret Window was awesome.... creepy though... kinda like Identidy.... Really good though, Johnny Depp uses a lot of faces that he uses in POTC.
    *Agent~M*
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
    "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
    "I could live

Comment

• AAHAHAHAHA! Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas!

or

"The Intoxicated Adventures of Johnnie Depp"
      GONZO
      We're your friends. We're not like
      the others.

DUKE
      (hissing sharply)
      No more of that talk or I'll put
      the leeches on you.
      DUKE
      My attorney understands this
      concept, despite his racial handicap.
      But do you?!

The HITCHHIKER nods -- giggles -- petrified.

DUKE (V/O)
      He said he understood, but I could
      see in his eyes that he didn't. He
      was lying to me
      DUKE
      (turning him in the
      opposite direction)
      Don't go near that elevator.
      That's just what they want us to
      do... trap us in a steel box and
      take us down to the basement!

Comment

• S'okay, Drea. I've just been on the 'net for so damn long I google up anything I'm semi-sure of before posting and USUALLY manage to edit in time. Sometimes, not. Spielberg certainly took the story and turned into a story about America and American capitalism, immigration, and "homeland security" so it would be easy to get confused.

Is no one going to mention Edward Scissorhands or Legend of Sleepy Hollow ala Depp?

Ok, King Arthur is my next most likely. Not sure about Farenheit 9/11, but I agree with Michael Moore that if I ever see any older teens (especially those around the age of recruitment) wanting to go in and see it, I'd help sneak 'em in and around that R rating.
        New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Since our theatre doesn't really card people for R movies anyway, anyone who wants to go see it will be able to. It's a strange sort of idea, but the whole point of freedom of speech makes sense. It's like watching TV. If you don't want to watch something, change the channel.
          </rant>

Johnny Depp is a very good actor in everything he's done. Or almost everything. He was great in What's Eating Gilbert Grape, but he also makes a good pirate. That's actor versatility.
          http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• Hey, has anybody else been amused by the trailer for A Series of Unfortunate Events?. I'm surprised it looks as good as it does, and I think I'm happy they're conflating the first three books for the film.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm really excited to see those movies. They look awsome. Rysade! Long time no see! I am soo glad to you love Fear and Loathing.It is one of the best Johnny Depp films out there. and hilarious to boot, but also really creepy.
              Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
              :wigglesmile:
              And really bad eggs...
              Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
              S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
              Barf Incident)
              Weak Sauce!

Comment

• I've never really liked the Unfortunate Events books. I like books to have happy ending or sour/sweet endings.
                I just saw Shrek2 it was very cute. The ending was really good. (All the Shrek endings were good.) The cat still cracks me up. I love Zorro he's a really cool character. (Antonio Banderes. Okay you made me tell I only like Zorro cause his name starts with a Z. Is that so much of a crime?)
                penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• Yeah, everytime I see a comercial for Shrek with the cat, I crack up. He is one of my favorite parts. "Puss...in boots." Yay!
                  And really bad eggs...
                  Barf Incident)
                  Weak Sauce!

Comment

• Everytime my brother sees that he tries to copy the accent. it's so funny! That cat is so cute. My next avatar will be of *dumdumdum* Puss---in boots! HAHAHAHAHAH!
                    penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• "Pray for mercy from....Puss...in boots!"
                      And really bad eggs...
                      Barf Incident)
                      Weak Sauce!

Comment

• In a shameless attempt to gain browncoat points and get that Firefly t-shirt, , I feel it necessary to point out the Official Serenity Movie site (if you'd rather not reward this brazen behavior, use this link.)

Comment

• Yay! I love Joss Whedon! Buffy was one of my favorite shows, untill it ended. I really hated the way they ended Angel, it left so much stuff un answered. But, oh well, I still love Joss. Errg, Argg...
                          And really bad eggs...
                          Barf Incident)
                          Weak Sauce!

Comment

• God I need to read A Series of Unfortunate Events. It's been on my list to read for awhile, and that would make me ever so happy. Plus Jim Carey just rules. He's so versatile and so funny.

Hooray!
                            http://superdrea.net/

Comment

• crookedfrog: nah, I loved the ending on Angel. I loved that it was completely open-ended, that it's up to you to decide what happened; that they can always go back to those characters and that storyline and expand upon it if they want to. It's like the way Buffy ended, not just open-ended, but open-ended and ever-expanding. I think they hit just the right note, although I'm still not sure I forgive them for killing Wesley.

And I'm so happy about BDM. (Big Damn Movie). Of all the shows, the one that most needed to be given a second life was Firefly, having been smothered before its time. It's going to be just fine.

Drea: yes, you do. I've found them to be relatively cheap at Target and Costco. It's one of the few series I know where the book layout and typography gets into the act of helping the jokes along. I was worried about the movies, but they look spot on with the Harte illustrations, and the fact that they're conflating the first three books [because the books ARE repetitious, which, while being fun as reads won't work so well as film] makes me a little happier. Not to mention Meryl Streep as Aunt Josephine and Jude Law as the voice of Lemony Snicket.

I'm also cracking up that Timothy Spall (better known to most members on this board as Peter Pettigrew) is playing Mr. Poe. Guess it's his year to play P-named characters in films based on YA books.

Comment

• I was nice that it was open ended, but still. I was still thinking, Buffy was supposed to come back! Don't end now! I was really sad that Wesley died, but he wasn't my favorite. Spike, I am glad he didn't die. I gave them something to laugh at, and he was what kept the team form being so boring. I dunno. i am glad that he ended up on Angel when Buffy ended.

Are you serious? I didn't even connect Timothy Spall! Cool! I didn't really like him as Peter Pettigrew (he was to big)but I can totally see him as Poe.
                                And really bad eggs...
                                Barf Incident)
                                Weak Sauce!

Comment

Working...
                                X