No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went off the IMDB listing. Of course, IMDB data always needs to be taken with a grain of salt, especially before the movie's actually made...considering that the source can be just about anyone.
    New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Anyone seen Spiderman 2? I did and I have to say...
      IT ROCKED!

I hated the first one, don't know why but I absolutely loved this one! Doc Oct was great! Molina played it excelentely!
      Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• I have not seen it but, my friend said it was good. I will probably see it. Same as you, I did not really like the first one.
        ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
        **Neets**
        CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

• Spiderman, Spiderman, does what ever a spider can
          Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
          :wigglesmile:
          And really bad eggs...
          Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
          S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
          Barf Incident)
          Weak Sauce!

Comment

• Hee hee. I saw it, hee hee.... violin lady... hee hee... Now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all day.......
            But the movie did rock, I liked the first one but this one was better.
            *Agent~M*
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
            "I could live

Comment

• Another extemely catchy yet annoying song comes to mind...

Munamuhna...do DO do dodo...munamuhna...do DO DO do....hehehe I am evil...
              And really bad eggs...
              Barf Incident)
              Weak Sauce!

Comment

• Where's that song from?
                The violin song really does get stuck in your head though... *groans*
                *Agent~M*
                "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                "I could live

Comment

• Ma-nah-ma-nah is from the Muppets. They did it both on Sesame Street and The Muppet Show, as well as in spots for Ed Sullivan and the like before either existed.

I think you can even download it as a ringtone if you want...

Speaking of songs in movies, I went to see De-lovely. Don't go; save your money. It's a mess. I don't know how they did it, but they managed to completely miss telling you who Cole Porter was. And they never quite pulled off their framing narrative device. Ugh-o. Unless you're a massive Kevin Kline fan, you may not get through this one.
                  New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• Oh... I think I know what that song is. My baby cousin watches Sesame Street. Sesame Street is the only good little kids show, Barney is a serial killer and teletubbies... *shudders*
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

• And now they ahve boombas. Boombas! I mean, who comes up with the name Boombas? more to the point, who came up with the name Teletubbies? Tele, I get, but tubbies?

What is our world coming to I ask you, what??!!!
                      And really bad eggs...
                      Barf Incident)
                      Weak Sauce!

Comment

• I'm not sure, but I've heard that the Teletubbies are called that because they've got tellies (televisions) in their tubbies (tummies said in a toddler or Teletubby voice).

Anyone remember singer Toyah (Willcox)? She's one of the voice artistes on Teletubbies. Eric Sykes, a comedian and writer of some episodes of the Goons (a 50s radio comedy series) is another.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

• That makes so much sense PM! I never even thought about that! The guy who made that must've been British or something because that never occured to me.
                          penguins will rule the world.

Comment

• But the way the telletubbies talk make the little kids talk like that and that's BAD. They need to learn to talk right... *Grumbles*
                            Ooh!!! I wanna see the Village! It's by the same guy as Signs and The Sixth Sense. SCARY MOVIES MUHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!!!!!
                            *Agent~M*
                            "I could live

Comment

• Or tubbies because they're FAT. ie tubby.

*waves flag* I liked Spiderman 2 too. *grins* for lots of reasons.

but I should check- at the end of the movie I am slightly concerned that Doctor octopus broke Archimedes. I don't mind breaking nuclear physics because they're way complicated, but Archimedes... no. Lever and a place to stand, anyone?
                              Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

• I'm sorry. But it's so amusing to me, I have to post this link: http://www.hsx.com/

It's like a mock stock market, with movie stars and movies gaining or losing value as their movies do well or bomb at the box office. A very fun way to learn about the mechanics of markets. Now, do I buy or sell short King Arthur?

Comment

Working...
                                X