Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freaky (lucid?) dreams!!! (post them here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided I'd post here, because... I haven't seen this forum in a while. It's almost as if I miss it... Haha...

Well, a friend of mine *coughboyfriendcough* has been having trouble dreaming. He can dream sad dreams, or depressing dreams, or just not dream at all. That's it... nothing happy, and nothing besides dark or sad dreams. I'm beginning to wonder why... I'm worried about him, kind of.

I, on the other hand, have only been having happy dreams, or pleasant ones. It's very nice, I haven't had a nightmare for about a year, now. It's just...very strange. And then there are the dreams that come true... As weird as it sounds, I've had a lot of dreams that have recently, just, happened. It's like a weird deja vu thing, but more intense.
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Just wanted to let everybody know that I merged the dream threads, just to make it easier to find everything in one place. Newbies, if you could search for pre-existing threads before starting a new one, that would be a good thing. I won't be merging the shippiness threads, because, let's face it, there are just too dang many. That's why it's in the FAQ.
      New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

• i have not had any "normal" dreams so let me think....

I think my weirdest one is the one where i was in a skyscraper with a jet pack. The building exploded and a flew out, but then i was in a Mario-style landscape. Then i became king of Mario land somehow, but my dad appeared out of no where scolded me for wasting resources or something like that lol.

Parts of it were lucid, parts were not.
        There is always a price, but who pays it is optional.

Comment

• I just reread this entire thread... and am really disgusted with what horrible grammar I had when I started it. I wish there was some way to take the insane parenthesis and exclamation points out of the thread title (hate those things...why did I ever write them?), but I haven't found a way to yet.

As for dreams, I picked up a really good book at a thrift store a month ago. It was called, "The Dreamer's Companion" by Stephen Phillip Policoff. (Summer Reading -- Yay!) It's really good, I've been enjoying it a lot. I recommend it to anyone who's interested in dreams and dreaming, because the author describes everything in an interesting and fun-to-read way. I love it so far (I have about 30 pages left of it), and it's really an amazing book!

Weird dreams, hmmm... Well, I don't know if it counts as weird, but I had a dream about my friend's dad, who died last November.

He was always one to serve, and in my dream, he was helping out at an endless soup kitchen line, smiling so happily at all of the people he was helping. His children were there with him, and his wife, but they were all at least six years younger than they are now. It was interesting, seeing him looking so happy helping people, and playing with his young children. I wondered for a second if that's what his Timeheart would be like, and then I felt a bit weirded out.

I'm hoping to have an interesting dream tonight; I was allowed to leave the windows open, and summer air often inspires interesting thoughts.

Dai, all!
          Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• hmm

KK- I remember when I first saw this thread, vaguely. I wouldn't do the exclamation points, but they didn't bother me : ) You just seemed enthusiastic.

I had a dream a couple of days ago... I think I have a lot of lucid dreams, but I always forget them. I should write them down, like Nita does.

My sister tells me that my dreams are always action--I'm stopping something, getting away from something, of saving something. I always have some sort of purpose (except for the happy and calm ones, where I am... well, happy and calm). Her dreams are suspense, all about waiting, or being stuck in place. She wakes up before the climax. She commonly has to save something or someone, but can't. I wonder what this says about the two of us?

A dream, a dream, a dream...

I think I had one where I was flying recently... and last night I had a dream that I was petting my cat Annie (who died last Summer), only her head wasn't right. I think the cat was actually the one at the stables where I ride horses.

If I have a dream tonight, I think I'll right it down... maybe tomorrow I'll come back with an interesting one.
            Last edited by smile; July 6, 2009, 08:38:02 PM.
            "And on he went, out of sight in unhurried grace; the true dark angel, the unfallen Destroyer, the Pale slayer who never really dies -- seeking for pain to end." Deep Wizardry, page 355 Listen, and I'll tell you a story... of the wind in the trees, and the sun, the moon and the stars... of all of Earth dancing

Comment

• Smile: haha, thanks.... yep, I guess I was kind of enthusiastic, then. The sugar probably didn't help much, either.

I had many strange dreams last night...well, not strange exactly, but they all had the same theme: Traveling, vacations, motion, anything of that sort.

The first one was about a kid (me?) going to camp; the second was about a family going on vacation, and what happened to them. The third was about me entering a giant tree-shaped vacation home, and finding a dark world that I made right with pencil-sized fairies that healed most things. Then, the dark world turned into a pencil factory that I had to get out of before it exploded, and I did, then traveling home. Then, I was on a train with three children, heading to some unknown destination for adventure; and then it was a year later, on the same train, with the same kids...

And finally, at the end, the family from before, was returning home from their vacation, and unpacking everything.

Just, everything was about traveling or vacations. I've never had dreams that themed before...
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• Oh this is a fun thread!
                One reacurring dream I have is me and my dad are in a store that looks suspiciously like Ocean State Job Lot and its filled with Zelda related stuff. I find this ring that is a key and I open a door/shelf and it leads to the desert (which is odd considering I live in New England) and there's this guy skulking around the random gas station that has popped up. Then the guy turns INTO A DRAGON and kills everyone there. Then I wake up.

A few days ago my Mom had a dream that I had had a baby and we were in Walmart hiding it from my Granma in a pie dish.
                Once I had a dream that I was on a short block in the desert and I couldn't get down.
                Once when I was little and I had a skylight I thought the clouds were chasing me....
                Dai,
                elz
                I think I'll go ennoble some waffles.
                -Nita

Comment

• Originally posted by elzefa View Post
                  A few days ago my Mom had a dream that I had had a baby and we were in Walmart hiding it from my Granma in a pie dish.
                  elz
                  Lol. That's a funny one.

Once my mom dreamed that it was day 253 out of the days of the year (ya know, out of 365) and it WAS. And she hadn't even looked at a day counter or anything that week, or even calculated the days like that before. Weird, no?

Comment

• The One I Remember

Normally, I don't remember my dreams. Acutally, I rarely do. Apparently, though, when I remember them, I remember them for a long time. This one happened about a month ago.

Sometimes (every couple of years or so - I think) I have a reaccuring dream...only I don't remember what it's about. I think that it's something about a rollercoster. I just wake up from it remembering that I've had the dream before, just not remember what it was about. I don't know about anyone else, but I think that this is very strange.

Anyway, the one that I remember...is very strange. It jumped around a lot and hardly made any sense. Oh, well. Maybe you all will get a good laugh out of this.

The dream starts out with me at my house. (By the way, I don't have my on house.) I hear a lot of noice coming from the front of the house, so I go check it out. It's 2 guys (that I don't know and have never seen before) sitting on my front porch drinking beer with their jeep parking in my drive way. Since I'm not 21, I freaked out, not wanting to have alcohol on my property. I told them to leave, but they were so drunk that they couldn't move at a reasonable pace.

While I am trying to shoo them off my property, the police came. We got arrested - me for possession underage and them for supplying a minor with alcohol. We get bailed out and at some point, the police dropped the charges.

{Skip - this is where it jumps}

It is now some later and, for some reason unbeknownst to the concious me, I am hanging out with one of the two guys.

{Skip}

Now, I am in his car (voluntarily) and we are going somewhere. This is where it gets exponentially weirder. We are somehow hosting a radio show from inside the car. It is about Santa. We are pretending to be Santa and that our car is the sliegh.

{Skip}

The random Santa thing is over. We have just arrived at his house. We went into his house and continued our conversation (about I have no idea what). We walked into his kitchen and his sister was working at the counter with her back to us. She heard us enter and turned around. When I saw her face, I freaked out and said "You killed my father and my brother".

This is when I woke up. I may have woken up because I thought it was too weird, even in my subconciousness. I would like to take this time to point out that I do not have I brother. That last line had to be the weirdest part of my dream.

(Sorry this is so long. I have never learned the art of summarization. )
                    Last edited by Mona0622; May 26, 2010, 08:02:22 AM. Reason: forgetfulness
                    Shoot for the moon. If you miss, at least you'll be among the stars. ~ Les Brown

Comment

• Lucid Dreaming

Once I had a dream that came true right after I woke up. In my dream I was looking for a sign that I hang on my door with a quote from the Young Wizard Series. I couldn't find it anywhere, and at the end of the dream i finally found it. So when I woke up early for school, ( As usual ) I couldn't find the sign. Then, remembering where I found it in my dream, I decided to look there. Well, I found it. And once I had a dream that I was in the Deep Wizardry novel, me as Nita, my best friend as Kit. A few days later, I was in school when I had a bad case of deja vu, when all of a sudden I remembered a dream I had. I then told my friend what was going to happen for the rest of the day. She was scared and amazed when everything I said was going to happen, happened when I said it was going to. I always have strange dreams, and try to see if I can figure out what they mean. They usually mean something, but some are easier than others. Sometimes you may think that a compass can represent many choices ( which it can ) but a compass can just be....well... a compass.
                      Last edited by nita13579; May 26, 2010, 11:02:49 PM. Reason: a simple, yet very annoying capitalization error. Arrg!
                      "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

• Pullulus. (The bolded P is intentional. There was emphasis, and I probably did my lucid almost-conscious-brain thing and saw the word in my head.) [Obviously Pullulus are supposed to be in outer-space somewhere, not wrapped around the Earth's atmosphere.] There were a couple of images associated with this: one, the large cloud looming over the earth; two, a small cloud broke away and jetted like a living squid over the sky (that was when I realized it was PPullulus. [Yeah, the Pullulus has no connection souls that we know of.]

At some point I even connected the Pullulus to Diane Duane and her book Wizards at War which I knew described everything about them. I "imagined" [within my dream!] Earth being wrapped up by the Pullulus; though I knew that was slightly ridiculous and unlikely, it was a possible future in my dream.

Other than the YW connections, though, there were two other stops, perhaps related to the Pullulus effects. The first one, I stopped at a child-refugee place for hispanic children. They were all sprawling around the halls, on the floor. My parents and I had no phone, so I had to ask the receptionist to use her coil-cord telephone. Meanwhile, there were these children interrupting, and talking to the receptionist, and giving things to the receptionist... That was very annoying and I have since forgotten who I was calling. It was after I left that I saw the third image.

The next stop was short, because I woke up quickly afterwards. We entered a friend's home. He sorrowfully showed us some new cereal boxes. I looked at them, and was repulsed: they all advertised horrid values, didn't even bother with "family-friendly." Like, what looked like an adapted Honey Bunches of Oats was really the gross glorification of money. I suppose that was a part of the overall Pullulus effect.

Comment

• I don't really have time to post my entire dream here (it's late and I have school tomorrow), but I will say something.....

I have dreams that I remember, at least vaguely, fairly often. I just don't remember them for long.....
                          Anyways....This dream started off with be browsing, then buying, on the third floor of this gigantic bookstore(library)(museum). I go downstairs to the coffee shop, then come back upstairs. My dream shifts here, and then I am talking to this lady with red hair who won't let me through to the bookstore. I then get taken to the boss, who is also Max Capricorn, a character from a Doctor Who episode (sorta weird and creepy) he has a human head on a big machine body....just google it if you REALLY want to see it...it is sorta weird though....Now I'm Daine, from the Tortall books (Tamora Pierce)...and it just goes on and on...

Soooo.....that was a bit of a weird dream....my dad and I ended up escaping in our big VW van at the end....it's complicated....
                          All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

Working...
                          X