Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the first few sentences on page 51 of the book nearest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first few sentences on page 51 of the book nearest to me are:

* a map *

The First Day
    - Dawn -
    Buford's Defensive Position
    West of Gettysburg

The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara

Comment

• but with his ground sense thwarted, dag couldn't see how many men or mud men might be hidden in the cave with the malace. if he went charging in there only to present his head to the enemy, the difficulties his patroll must then face would grow vastly worse. also, i would be deadin a way, he was glad the prospect still had the power to disturb him. at least some
      thse sharing knive, volume one beguilement by lois mcmaster bujold
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

• I'm sad I didn't join this forum sooner! IT sounds like fun!

This is from page 51 of "3D Game Creation" by Luke Ahearn:

"3. What types of games do you like to play? List them
        4. Go through the Game Elements section and fill in the blanks pertaining to your game Idea."

I was going to do the quote from "Pay the Piper" but someone already did that.

From second closest book:

"He was training me for the Singer's part-before they blew him in two pieces and boiled him down for oil"

From DW. That book was sooo sad...
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• you asked for it...I'min my Dad's room and the book closest to me is the Holy Bible...
          21 "So Jacob's gifts went on ahead of him, but he himself spent the night in camp"

Spanish is more understandable the French...at least for me because my Mom speaks it all the time...espanol es mas frio...(spanish is mad chill for all you french speaking people)

Dia...I hope you know what that means
          ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

• (It knows!) Kit's thought sang with alarm like a plucked string. (It knows we're here! It shouldn't be able to, but - Nita, the spell's not balanced for this. If that thing grabs us or holds us somehow, we won't be able to get back!)

Not fair, I'm still working on my SYWTBAW paper! Anyway: SYWTBAW (20th Anniversary Edition), Diane Duane. Of course.
            __________________________________________________ ________________________
            "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

• (a carryover from page 50):
              MALVA. Malvaceae, "mallow", "Cheeses" (from the shape of the fruit.) About 30 herbaceous species grown for their attractive flowers or for food (since about 6000 b.c.) Very easily grown in moist soils, full sun or light shade, and they may be sown where they are to flower. Germinates in 5-10 days. Seed long-lived; they have sprouted from 200 year old adobe bricks in California and Mexico. Nicking may help.

from The 2007 Ethnobotanical Catalog of Seeds
              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• This quote sounds sooo random, it's from a book simply called "Science Projects."

"To prepare for this scene, you will need a small paring knife to cut several raisins into quarters."
                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

• ...one little pause, with all its wreathed intervolutions in open sight. His face darkened with some powerful emotion, which, nevertheless, he so instantaneously controlled by an effort of his will, that, save at a single moment, its expression might have passed for calmness. After a brief space, the convulsion grew almost imperceptible, and finally subsided into the depths of his nature.
                  Yess, it's the Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, reading it for English!
                  Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                  Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                  It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                  Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

• Dude! Roger Chillingworth. That's my favorite scene in the whole book! 8)

"The same triangle placed on a diagonal gives a sense of movement - whether we see it as a triangle teetering on one point, about to fall back and lie flat again, or whether we red it as a missile shooting up toward the right-hand corner of the page."
                    ~ "Picture This: How Pictures Work" by Molly Bang
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________
                    "Meddle not in the affairs of Orcs, for you are crunchy and we aren't fussy about condiments."

Comment

• Both of these were stacked in front of the compy tower. . .(among many others!) but these were the closest to me. . .

"I can fix you," Carl said. "Take about five minutes." He got up and headed for the den again.
                      - Support Your Local Wizard, Diane Duane

He made a whole city full of windows.
                      - The Adventures of Harold and the Purple Crayon, Crockett Johnson

I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed-reading accident. I hit a bookmark.
                      -- Steven Wright

Comment

• "And if you stare at the sky too long, you just kind of blank-out--not really asleep, but, sort of, preoccupied."
                        "So that's what you do when you're on watch, do you? the abbot growled.
                        A Canticle for Leibowitz, I'm reading it for English class and it's okay, I guess. I'm not really sure what to make of it, actually. Maybe things'll be clearer once I actually finish the book; I'm only a bit less than half way through, so what exactly the author's driving at I'm not entirely sure. Oh well, as long as I pass the tests on it in class *shrugs*
                        "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
                        Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

• dont ever start the day any faster then you intend on ending it.
                          fire in my belly by sam keen
                          just the first english boot i grabed from the shelf behind me(my moms book)
                          Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

-The Book of the Dead
                          --sabriel

Comment

• at the moment my desk is covered in books so here are a few

Reveiwing main ideas
                            scetion 1 minrals (my science book)

65*7= 65*70= 37*8= (my sisters math book)
                            cabin
                            cabinet
                            cable
                            caboose(my speling dictionary)

Comment

• (Insert japanese sound sylable here)
                              That's his summon monster!
                              (Insert another japanese sound sylable here)
                              GET DOWN!
                              Down there?! It's a cliff!

That is the whole page, actually. Saiyuki RELOAD book three. ^_^

If I would have seen this twenty minutes ago I would have put down page 51 from Wizard Abroad.
                              No, that's ok. I'll take the bird with me.

Comment

• When the bell finally rang, Edward rushed as swiftly and as gracefully from the room as he had last Monday. And, like last Monday, I stared aafter him in amazement.
                                Twilight, Stephenie Meyer
                                -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                                Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                                http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

Working...
                                X