Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the first few sentences on page 51 of the book nearest you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEll considering the closets books to me are musical or school..here is the next closest:
    WaW by D.D. (I sincerely hope you knew that. really. cause dude, if you didn't...)
    The day that had seemed mild earlier seemed chilly now, as the spring breeze whistled down the street and rustled the maples.
    Wonderfully descriptive, huh?
    just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Augh! It's a spoiler! Now people who haven't read WAW will know there's a breeze blowing in it!

There are various ways of grouping objects. You might choose objects for their aesthetic qualities or because they contrast well in terms of their shape or materiality, as in the drawing below.
      Oh, that's enough of that one. It's from a book called The Fundamentals of Drawing, which I'm only on page 8 of.

(Ok, so it was the second closest, the closest was either HBP or the manual for the Poser 3D software.)
      Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

ok, there are three equally close so I'm going to give a sentance or two from each.

Consequently, skills were developed to lower levels here. With their eye on the marketplace, Americans made products as cheaply and quickly as possible
        Engines of Change, a book about the American Industrial Revolution for a class on American Science and Technology through 1859.

He had been a minor but valued member of a number of scientific research establishments.
        (He had helped to design the petrol engine, and plastics, and the ring pull can.)
        Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

a*po*plexy\(little black box)a-p(upside down e)-(little black box)plek-s(e with a little line over it)\n: STROKE 3--Ap*o*plec*tic\(little black box)a-p(upside down e)-(little black box)plek-tik\ adj
        Langenscheidt's Pocket Dictionary- Merriam-Webster.

...yeah I quoted the dictionary since it was one of the closest.

edit: fixing typo on "levles" and "poll"
        We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

I've found it. THE ULTIMATE page 51 quote.

Aullando como un hipopotamo herido, tio Vernon agarro otra pieza de adorno.
          -!Vete, Harry! !Vete ya!-grito el senor Weasley, apintando con la varita a tio Vernon-. !Yo lo arreglare!
          -Harry Potter y el Caliz de Fuego
          Oooohhh...me gusta los libros en espanol! Yes, I do know that it's missing a bunch of accents, and the exclamtion points aren't upside down in the front of the sentences, but oh well. So, what do you guys think of my latest project?

-seabiscuit, a.k.a. hungry

Comment

here's a qoute from page 51 in Swollen by Melissa Lion...(This book was interesting but I've read better)
            "what did the docter say?" She watched me, made a judgement. She was trying to keep her face relaxed but a brief shudder of her eyelid, a twitch she got when she was stressed or angry, gave her away. "He said it was nothing to worry about. Your father was there, if you want to ask him about it. I'm tired now, sweetie."

Comment

4. Kinou uisukii o nomisugita no ka, yonaka ni i ga ( ) itaku natta.
              Maybe I drank a little too much whiskey yesterday. In the middle of the night I suddenly got these shooting stomach pains.

'Jazz Up Your Japanese with Onomatopoeia - For All Levels' by Hiroko Fukuda

Comment

From the only close by book (which was underneath a camera, a CD player, a CD case, a couple CDs for the computer, and the booklet for Myst):

"The F3 key is compatible with the DOS Shell program offered with DOS Version 4.0 and with an older program called the Microsoft Manager. The Alt-F4 key combination is compatible with Microsoft's Windows, used there to close a window or quit the Windows enviroment."

DOS for Dummies (2nd Edition). If I had any other books nearby, though, they'd probably be YW books (as reference for fanfic or forum posts). And I always thought this type of thread was to see what other people were reading, or interested in, and maybe to get ideas for your next run to the library... so if I had YW books, I'd dig around for something else. Unless I was posting on some other forum, in which case I'd look for them on purpose... XD

Comment

My room is so full of books, I don't know which one to use *Looks around wildly*

Quote:

"But the one in Haven now is a Heartstone, and not a node, right" she asked anxiously.

Winds of Fury by Mercedes Lackey
                  Lover of Most Books...
                  Finder of Lost Things...
                  Eater of all Sweet Stuff...
                  Wonder of the West...

Comment

The book nearest to me is, unfortunatly, 'Word 97 in Easy Steps' which isn't even mine. Page 51 is so unispiring (undo and redo, wow!) that I'm not going to bother.

Comment

Are we doing this again? Okay, I'll play, because I actually have a book with me in the lab for once.

"In the first place, the tendency to perform Henry V alongside Richard II and the two parts of Henry IV-- or even, as in 1975, the two parts of Henry IV and The Merry Wives of Windsor-- has again given audiences the necessary familiarity with and affection for Henry's former companions."

How dull. Gary Taylor, the introduction to Henry V, Oxford Shakespeare edition. Hmm. I think he's talking about Ensign Pistol and Bardolph and the former Mistress Quickly.

Slightly better:
                      BARDOLPH: Would I were with him, wheresome'er he is, either in heaven or in hell.
                      HOSTESS: Nay, sure he's not in hell. He's in Arthur's bosom...

Talking about the death of Falstaff.
                      Go ahead! Panic! Do it now and avoid the June rush! Fear death by water!

Comment

This is from my English book,

"There was nothing more for me to do, so I packed up my books and went home."

It really makes it sound boring, but the actual story is quite good.

Comment

Hence F(t) = [intergral] = [another intergral] = [a third intergral]
                          Thus we can take F1(t) = [intergral from t= 0 to 1 of F'(tu)]....
                          You get the idea. It's the maths textbook I'm using for my (masters-level) research project.
                          "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

This is from More Short & Shivery: Suddenly he began to laugh at himself and his fears. A few shadows and meaningless words and he was acting like a coward!

Comment

"We did, however, at length reach a long vaulted room, floored with stone, where a range of oaken tables, of a weight and size too massive ever to be moved aside, were already covered for dinner." - Rob Roy by Sir Walter Scott.
                              -----------

Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.

-William Blake

Comment

Her mother interrupted. "Your dad's the one who's done. Not as young as we once were." Running his right hand through his hair, her dad leaned forward and said, "what more do you need to ask them? You were in there for at least half an hour."

Taken from Pay the Piper: A Rock 'N' Roll Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen and Adam Stemple, 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                X