No announcement yet.

The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The windward path held Roux, and the two collided, becoming a bundle of red cloth, hair, fur and swords which rolled for a few meters and then collided violently with a tree trunk. The tree gave a soundless groan and uprooted itself in the high winds, carrying the infamous pair off in the direction of the backup Gruff Army.

Under the folds of Rysadeh's robes, in it's sheath, The Dagger stirred.

--Dai Stihó

ha (hä) interj. [echoic] an exclamation variously expressing wonder, surprise, anger, triumph, etc.: repeated (ha-han. the sound of this exclamation or of a laugh
    -Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language, Second College Edition

Comment

• Red has been impacted by the fight she had with xyler. red commands the gruffs to vanish as she walks up toward diego.... her son....

"Diego, we have somethings to discuss.... i promise i'm not going to hurt you."

~*Lakie*~
      Yesterday was history, Tommorow is a mystory, Today is a gift!
      ~*Lakie*~

Comment

• Ash sighed in comfort. This was becoming a breeze. It appeared that Kite felt so, too. Ash looked around for Diego. Diego? Diego? DIEGO? NO! Diego, come back! NO!
        Ash broked the shield, leaving Kite exposed. "Sorry, Kite." She clomped the the overgrown weeds and bushes. Diego was moving too fast. She had to stop him. How?

brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"
        brokencello
        the crinkled paper bag
        "Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." "But why is the rum gone?" --both from Captain Jack Sparrow, "Pirates"

Comment

• <ooc: i missed s/t where exactly is diego goin?>

~*Lakie*~
          ~*Lakie*~

Comment

• Kite, surprised, let Ash go, rebuild a shield, and continued wreaking havoc. She was amused.

Kitsune Rei ~kisses taste nice~

Comment

• OOC: I believe most of the people inside Questing's (my) shield are on sabbatical. I know I am, at any rate! Should they wish to go out and wreak havoc, the shield is keyed to everyone inside, so they can leave as they please. Meanwhile, you can regard everyone inside as more-or-less in stasis, untouchable unless they reactivate themselves or declare themselves up for grabs. Questing is busy powering the shield!

"Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
              "Thus is Balance maintained." A Wizard of Earthsea
              "Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance." Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash

Comment

• I want to introduce a character or whatever, but I don't know how. Can anyone help?

If I seriously have to, I guess I'll read the past 30 some boards, but *gumbles* I really don't want to. I read the past two and the 1st, though.

I'll be Kaiith (Kay-ith) or Enikiro or both. Dunno which, but I like those character names.

-MaThFrEaK
                "Hehehe. You smell funny."
                "I love fish and chicken and turkey and ham and squirrels and pork and..."
                "Izza mousey!"
                ~Gryphon~
                Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

• Diego just stood here, with a dumb stare upon his mother.

And the oscar goes to...The Lord of The Rings!!!
                  Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

• Diego, red sais as she advances closer, i have had a fight with my husband. He is evil, and i have returned to good. He will stop at nothing to rule the universe. Weve got to stop him. Diego i'm sorry i wasn't there for you in your childhood i didnt have my priorities straight. However i'm here now. Diego can you forgive me? I see the truth now.
                    ~*Lakie*~

Comment

• <OOC: Don't do it diego! She's only trying to buy you with sweet words! I read in her manner a particularly shifty element... SOMETHING is not right here. JK>

Two decades ago, Rysadeh flew screaming from the mouth of a volcano, impacting in the K'jiit territory like a meteor. Falls from heaven can hurt, but ejection from hell beats all. They just had no use for a softie like him down there. Besides, they had rationalized, he was only HALF demon anyway. They may have been right, for the outside world suited him just fine, because everything there was just so darn KILLABLE. It only made sense that the Grand General would adopt him as a son.

A decade ago, The Grand General Leonine's head was served to a dinner party of 11 humans, who considered it a delicacy. The opportunity for such dishes had been limited in recent times, mostly because the K'jiit race was all but exterminated due to the valorous efforts of General Blank and his Human Crusaders. The diners all aggreed that it was delectable, and supposed that with the defeat of the world's most militant race, they could then move on to conquer the rest of the races, in order to put them in their proper places in the social order. Around the same time the diners were cleansing their palates with the finest red wine and asking for seconds, the K'jiit engineers finished work on their revenge. The Grand General had commisioned work on it when he decided that the normal strategy victory wasn't working. The Grand General was a brilliant person. Which is why he told the engineers that they should give the thing to Rysadeh and Roux Leonine, because they would know what to do with it.

About a month ago, General Blank was interrupted in the middle of a fantastic speech about the elf threat in the south by a flutter of the curtains behind him, and a black figure in the rafters 40 feet above the podium. The figure descended at a rate not unlike that of a falling catperson with a murderous glint in his eye, and landed on the General's shoulders. The red curtains parted, and from them emerged a crimson streak, which approached the General with the swiftness of a Half-Demon whose foster father had been murdered. It's arm flashed under it's robes and removed a preposterously thin dagger, which glinted oddly in the flourescent light. The arm descended, and plunged into the General's chest, about which the general had not a word to say, as he was quickly screaming in agony as the Nanotechnology assimilated his genetic structure and began producing the Self-Replicating Xenocidal Antibodies that would destroy him and his entire race.

The overall result was that when Roux and Rysadeh Leonine stepped though a dwarven interdimensional gate to do some travelling, (their revenge finally enacted) they had a very odd sort of goo all over their boots, which they had picked up while trudging through a few human cities. Luckily for the human races of other worlds, the antibodies had long gone inert.

The Dagger, however, could still kill lots of things very fast, and was Rysadeh's prime candidate for getting rid of the Gruffs in a more permanent way.

Comment

• (OOC- In a bad mood)

Kite had called down a thunderstorm, and was happily destroying things, when she suddenly spotted a soaking wet Rysadeh. She wasn't sure whether he was friend or foe, and decided to destroy him anyway. She sent a particularly strong bolt of lightning at him.

Comment

• A moment later, a smoking, blackend hand emerged from the shallow crater left in the aftermath of the electric homicide attempt. Two flames followed it, and turned their attention to the airy figure above him. He steamed, then boiled the water in the crater away. If it weren't for the high wind, the air would surely have been impenetrable fog, growing thicker every moment. As it was, the steam rolled down windward, forming a river which broke apart into tributaries upon hitting the Gruffs. Rysadeh followed the river, leaving dry, smoking footprints in the wet grass. The Gruffs converged, making the river dam up around Rysadeh, obscuring the view. The river glowed orange, boiling. Gruffs screamed as they burned, but were reborn a short distance from their graves. From out the river of fog, a blackened figure pounced on one new Gruff, flattening it, and viciously stabbed it with something oddly glinting, reflecting the slowly fading glow of the burning Gruffs trapped in the steam-river. A diode on the handle flashed thrice, and the weapon hummed. Rysadeh abandoned it for the moment.

A very dark and very wet cat leapt from a tree to sink four sets of claws into Kite. Roux pulled her hair.

Comment

• Kite gave it a strong electric shock, knowing it would hurt him far more than it hurt her- she was an Elemential, after all. Roux hung on feebly, and she shocked him again, this time into oblivion.

Comment

• Ash couldn't control herself. She ran into Diego and pushed him over into the dirt. He could feel her breath over his hair as she sat on top of him in a firm effort to force him to refuse Red.

Letalis, meanwhile, was still trying to get Xyler's attention. He was in some kind of trance, and in the end, she skipped off. When she recognized Roux and Aurora, she pulled on her wind. She put it with such a force in between them, they were both blown apart. She grinned.
                              brokencello
                              the crinkled paper bag

Comment

• But Diego was "hipnotized" he raised his hand as in a gesture to grab his mother. "Mother! Mother!" He shouted.
                                Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                                ------------------------------------------------------------
                                "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

Working...
                                X