No announcement yet.

Ronan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly. You have to learn the basics before you can fall in love. That doesn't mean Nita is in love. She's allowed to explore that kind of opportunity though. She needs to learn what it feels like to become romantically involved with someone, even if it isn't exactly her life partner. Nor does it mean that they need to go past kissing. And also, the characters belong to DD. So because we aren't mind readers, and because we don't know what's going to happen next, it makes far more sense for us to wait and see where this is all going before drawing a conclusion.
    http://superdrea.net/

Comment

Drea your right it is good to wait and see what happens but its also fun to guess! Lets face it alot of active topics at the mo are about Wizards at war because people are pooling their ideas an trying to guess whats going to hapen... Sorry I'm grumpy this morning!!

Right anyway. I think the most important thing is for Nita and Kit to sort out there own problems first! Granted we all want to see them get together but chances are that they will at sometime fancy and go out with someone else! So hopefully sometime in this book Nita will talk to Kit (who seemed jelous) and they will sort out this problem!! They are such close friends that they are more than friends, much more but then again they are not romantically involved (I think thats the way to describe it!!), I have experiance in this matter! My best friend, shes more than a friend to me which makes it differicalt.
      Oh forget it...
      Fox
      God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

But, you guys and gals, think how boring the fourth book would have been WITHOUT Ronan. the plot would ahve ahd to have changed alot, since he wouldn't have had a Power inside of him, Nita wouldn't have had a crush on him, and, I don't think Nita would have gotten in touch with Ireland as much as she did with out Ronan.

Yeah, he is alot more detached in WAW. I can't decide if i like it.
        Ask not for whom the dog barks. It barks for thee.
        :wigglesmile:
        And really bad eggs...
        Go salaí cúnna ifrinn do chuid calóga arbhair.
        S.P.R.B.I (Semi Puke Related
        Barf Incident)
        Weak Sauce!

Comment

I don't know that "detatched" is the right word. Besides, he planned it that way, which makes me think that maybe his outward appearance of battling with being a power isn't all it's cracked up to be. Ronan even told them that much when he showed up at the door. He's being smart about it, and he's a great character. He's also a more likeable character because he's not being so self-involved. Everyone hates a selfish person.

Comment

Exactly. You summed it up right there. i guess I just worded it wrong.

I DO NOT like the whole Carmela and Ronan thing that happens in WAW. He is more than just his outer looks, as was proved in A Wizard Abroad
            And really bad eggs...
            Barf Incident)
            Weak Sauce!

Comment

Yes, but Carmela's boy crazy anyway. And trust me, girls go for the Bad Boy. I'm almost positive that Ronan won't even bother getting involved with her right now. There's too much going on. But it also helps enforce how good looking he is, in a "dangerous, lost puppy, kind of way."

Comment

Yeah, but it still gives me the wiggens. I mean, I never really liked the whole "ronan-and Nita" thing , becasue it caused some un-ease between nita and Kit, but I think it was still important to the plot. however, I think there is still soemthing there between Ronan and Nita, not necessarily romantic, but something. I really hope he doesn't get involved with her, becasue, ugg, that would NOT be good.

Yes, I know that girls go for the bad guy. I am a girl ya know...
                And really bad eggs...
                Barf Incident)
                Weak Sauce!

Comment

I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

Well, Lamarquise, some people do incredibly stupid things at any age. There are people who have sex irresponsibly; there are people who sink into credit card debt. And, believe it or not, there do exist fourteen-year-olds who have more sense than to do either -- even if they are experimenting with romance. I sincerely hope there are lots of fourteen-year-olds better equipped to make intelligent decisions than some adults I've encountered!

I do think Nita would have been awfully young for it if she had actually been doing with Kit what she implied to the Irish kids she was talking to. :P

And I happen to like Ronan. He certainly does have some "issues," though I'd count his vulnerability to resisting outide help as a rather more dangerous one -- especially for a wizard -- than the tough-guy image. And keep in mind he is a wizard. A lot of people seem to dismiss that in much the same way Kit and Nita will, at least casually, deride or play-shiver at some of Dairine's responsibilities, and I really think it's a mistake in both cases, just as Dairine's old dismissal of Nita as a wimp was. I got the decided impression that what was implied when he said that to outside observers he hadn't been working well with the Champion was, in fact, that he's working a lot better with the Power than those appearances would suggest.

...What really mystifies me, however, is why anybody is actually expecting or worrying about the possibility of Ronan and Nita renewing or acquiring a romantic entanglement. I mean, it was pretty obvious that she was amused at the idea of Carmela going after him. There really doesn't seem to be any hint of romantic tension between them in the excerpts. So the freaking out strikes me as very, very weird.

Comment

Interesting interpretation, PK. Cool enough. I was certainly seeing some tension there, though I couldn't tell exactly what it was or where it was going. But who knows? I think I can take a chill pill for now.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I do think Nita would have been awfully young for it if she had actually been doing with Kit what she implied to the Irish kids she was talking to.
                        That's a thought - one of the Irish kids who thought she and Kit were getting too close for her parents liking was Ronan. Did he ever get told what the real story was? He may still think that Nita and Kit are much closer than they are.

But yes, Nita obviously doesn't care if Carmela is interested in him.
                        Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

I'm not sure I like that whjole "Nita not caring" scenario either. You see, they went through a big thing also, so yu think she would hold what happened to them in a little higher regard than that. I dunno, maybe Ronan isn't even interested in either of the girls. to much ahppening. Which is understandable, to say the least.

I think ronan figured the whole "Nita and Kit" stuff out for himself. Other wise, I don't think things would ahve been the same as they were for the two of them. I know that sometimes you surrender to your feelings, but, c'mon, I really don't think Ronan would kiss Nita if he was afraid that Kit would get upset.
                          And really bad eggs...
                          Barf Incident)
                          Weak Sauce!

Comment

Well, I suppose on reflection that Ronan is sort of by nature a tension-carrying character. *g* Though I'm not sure whether you mean you saw tension in his interactions with Nita or when he was talking about the Champion -- well, strike that. Everybody was kind of tense when he was talking about the Champion. It's hard to relax over "Well, this is so secret that they can't actually tell us what we're looking for, but it's absolutely crucial that we find it! Oh, and we think because I haven't done anything interesting and therefore must not be getting on with the Power cohabiting my body, the Lone Power's ignoring me... for now."

I probably am projecting personal experience somewhat when I dismiss the possibility of Nita still being interested in Ronan romantically, I admit. When I was that age and interested in a boy... let's just say that the idea of another girl chasing him wasn't something to giggle about. *wry grin* I realize they did go through a fairly significant experience together, but I guess I don't really see why that should make Nita hold the attraction in higher regard.

Comment

I dunno. Maybe I', just wigging out. I just don't think Nita should be soo casual about what happened between Ronan and her. And not just the Romantic stuff, either. The heavy magical, pshycological things also. Like the fact that her Seniors pet's essence is trapped inside of Ronan. That isn't really somthing to scoff at. I think is is just unny that Nita is so "Whatever" about what goes on with Ronan.
                              And really bad eggs...
                              Barf Incident)
                              Weak Sauce!

Comment

Trapped? o.O I assume you just mean that as a figure of speech, or else you're referring to that aspect of the Champion's being limited by being in mortal form -- something about the way you phrased it gave me weird mental images.

But she didn't sound at all as if she was failing to take his and the Champion's situation -- or potential contributions -- seriously, at least not to me. *puzzled* I really felt that in A Wizard Abroad she took him more seriously as a person once she knew... well, in whichever order it was, that he was a wizard, about Peach, about his Ordeal, about the role he was going to need to play and the struggle he faced in it. Being attracted to him was a side-thing, almost, especially once things started getting hectic... and while I don't doubt she was attracted, I can't help but be amused that she was distracted while kissing him by roaming through his mind looking for a Power. *g*

Comment

Working...
                                X