Ronan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronan

What do you think about Ronan, seperate from whether he's better than Kit for Nita? I thought he had a fun personality and should appear again in the books. I have been rather saddended at the negative attitude which I see so many people share.

If you don't like him: What don't you like? Why?
    I am me and I am unique.
    Gods all bless,
    Rhia

Proud Tamora Pierce obsessee

I think that a fair number of people seem to dislike him because of seeing him as a disruption between Kit and Nita -- and some admit this, which is frankly refreshing after seeing people (generally in other fandoms) invent or wildly exaggerate all sorts of character flaws as an excuse for not liking a character who interferes with their preferred pairings.

I didn't care for A Wizard Abroad OR Ronan as much as the first three when I first started reading (I felt generally unsettled), but he grew on me further along -- and the book has grown on me a LOT in later readings.

PK

Comment

I loved Ronan, but I love everyone in the books. I just wish that everyone felt the same way.

Lissa
      "We pray for our sorrows to end,
      and hope that our hearts will blend.
      Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
      And who knows:
      starting a new journey may not be so hard
      or maybe it has already begun.
      There are many worlds,
      but they

Comment

Ronan was my favorite character. I think he was just my type. Except for the fact that he was so powerfull. And he lived in Ireland.... I thing going across the Atlantic Ocean every day would be hard.
        But i thought he was pretty attractive in both personality and looks. Of course, i am a weirdo so that might have something to do with it.

I am the one who has no name. The one with no home. The one with no.....purpose.
        From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

I think Ronan's just one of those characters... you just have to make fun of him, because you can just see him glowering back at you from out of the page....

And I keep on wanting to spell his name Ronanananan. Dunno why.

I am Lionfish. HEAR ME ROA-- ....um, bubble. Blub, blub. *sweatdrop*

If you can't spell my name, go ahead and call me semi or S-chan. I don't mind, really.

Visit my deviantart site at semiramis.deviantart.com ^.^v!

Comment

Don't hate me girls but I thought he was a boring character! I thought he was better as Peach's.
            Daz
            God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Comment

at lest peach would insult you but Ronan would hold a gruge and I think hes bound to come up in other books but I think he was an idiot.

*Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                *Many have come and gone so we need to leave a ripple before this planet is washed away- Devin
                *Many have come and gone but few are here to stay-Devin
                *Many have gone and many have stayed but one thing stays the same: Love and Hate they never go away but they can be beaten- Devin
                *Many have come to this place and most have left it but let not their life be a mystery- Devin
                *Many have come and go

Comment

Comment

Do any of you think we will ever see peach's again? I felt really sad when he/she/it lost that body! I hope that the power does come back in that body at some stage. But I don't see how with Ronan still around, but (a sudden thought!) I thought it was said in one of the books that the 'Power' does not control the body but dip's in now and again so its possible that Peach's could come back!
                    Daz
                    God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Ya. I liked Peach better. And she didn't seem as powerful as Ronan, but to me that's a compliment. Ronan was a little too mysterious anyway...
                      From your friendly neighborhood wizard, Poliester.

Comment

I wonder if anything more is going to happen with Nita and Ronan in later books.....

Comment

Ronan was pretty immature...which was part of what bugged me. I mean, why should girls automatically go gaga over a guy just because he has the attitude/rebel without a cause thing going? I lost a lot of respect for Nita there, I'll tell you. Or at least got rudely reminded that she's freaking FOURTEEN and is way too young for this stuff anyway and this proves it.
                          I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I voted he was pretty cool. I think he had a neat personality and made that book a little bit more interesting, not thet it needed it! I miss Peach though I think she was really cool! I hope she comes back!
                            (\__/)
                            (+'.'+)I guess I'm helping bunny
                            (")_(")

Comment

I hope Ronan is completly forgotten in later books, he was the worst charicter ever!
                              "Before God we are all equally wise-and equally foolish."
                              "It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
                              "If you are out to describe

Comment

Working...
                              X