No announcement yet.

Ronan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you bradwart, he was awful. I just can't believe Nita went for him!
    I really want her and Kit to have more of a relationship. It's just they seem to be drifting apart. I just couldn't believe her. If anyone else agrees with me maybe we should write to DD about it and she might consider.
    "A positive attitude might not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"
    "How are you today, missus Darcy?"

"keep holding on" avril lavigne

Comment

Ugh. Hate Ronan. Don't know why, maybe it was because he was kinda the spark that made Kit and Nita fight... I'm not for the Nita/Kit relationship but they have such a close friendship that I like a lot and during Dillema and Alone when they were kinda fighting but not fighting at the same time... I didn't like it, they were good books but I've never reread them, they were the two deepest books and they actually showed Kit's POV but... It's not the same when Nita and Kit aren't friends. Maybe I should re read Dillema or Alone sometime.....
      *Agent~M*
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
      "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
      "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
      "I could live

Comment

I guess after reading the books, you get such a feeling for the characters, it seems really odd for someone to try and rip that apart. And while mildly discomforting, I think that Ronan was appropriately written, if not mildly put-offish. He just rubs me the wrong way, which doesn't necessarily make him a bad character. It just seems that if he were to turn up in later books, he would be so out of place. Nita and Kit have finally got their attitudes about each other back in place. To mess with that, it would change the way they work together. (Think when Nita's mother died, at the beginning of the book)
        http://superdrea.net/

Comment

*gasps* RONAN ROCKS!! I don't care if he was immature!! He rocks!! Ronan was like... my favorite character!! I absolutely loved Ronan, don't ask why, I couldn't tell you. He was just really interesting!! RONAN ROCKS!!!!!!!
          ~Sam (Hifun55)~
          Why do I have to keep telling people I'm OK? Oh, because they aren't sure I am... then why do I have to keep telling me??
          HYPERNESS IS FUN!!! I'M HYPER 24-7!!!
          My being born was NOT a natural disater!!! It was just a bad thing to h

Comment

Originally posted by marniebrown1:
            ... I'm not for the Nita/Kit relationship but they have such a close friendship that I like a lot and during Dillema and Alone when they were kinda fighting but not fighting at the same time... I didn't like it, they were good books but I've never reread them, they were the two deepest books and they actually showed Kit's POV but... It's not the same when Nita and Kit aren't friends. Maybe I should re read Dillema or Alone sometime.....
            Though when they fight, or just aren't talking, they miss each other - like in Dilemma, when Kit was giving Nita time to be alone, but thinking "Nita's got to see this" and so on. They fight, they make up, they stay friends.
            How many other kids at their school do you think went on a spring break holiday together across the galaxy and destroyed a whole alien culture :-) ?
            Just the FAQs, ma'am: Chat, Board and Books.

Comment

Peter, I guess your right. But it's not the same when they aren't "fighting."
              *Agent~M*
              "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
              "I could live

Comment

I haven't liked Dillema or Alone because they were fighting. I don't know why, but it just seemed to change the whole mood of the book, and I just found it rather tiresome. I thought they worked better as a team, and when they were apart, it made the books less fun to read for me.

Comment

Of course Ronan in the new excerpt is completely different. He's been forced to grow up some, for once, and is actually bothering to think of other poeple. And he seems smart, and not just a smart-alec. He's better in WAW. I'm convinced.

Comment

Ooh! Don't tell me yet! I'm not that far... lol.
                    *Agent~M*
                    "I could live

Comment

Akkk!

I think I would much rather have kept Ronan entirely out of the picture. Except that maybe a certain young acting Senior needs to come clean to her partner about what happened.

No offense to Ronan. I'd like to think he's improved, but I have trouble with anyone causing trouble between Nita and Kit, and Ronan as any kind of a romantic interest is that. (Ever noticed how even your closest friends never stay that way when an SO enters the picture?) They're too young to be dealing with this kind of stuff anyway. Seriously, at least. (Multiple kisses is getting too serious for my taste under the circumstances.)

Any wagers on how to interpret Nita's reaction to having Ronan back on the scene? Enthusiasm? Dread? Embaressment? Any better words?

Oh brother.
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

drea your right Ronan has had to grow up!! Before I had to say I wantted to jump into the book and give him a puch in the face, But now he seems differant. More together if that makes sense!! And I have to say o the little I have read of him its a vast improvement!! I might like him in this next book!!!
                        But Lamarquise your right to, the trouble he causes Kit and Nita is nasty, but Kids at this age are like this!!! (well I was'at but I'm just werid and still trying to catch up with my friends even though I'm older!!), I'm a teaching assistant in a school and children come to school and some have girlfriends (and that is at age 9-10!!! I think the book is quite realistic for that account cause if my best friend (who happenes to be a girl) meets someone I always get highly jelouse and dislike that person straight away without even meeting him!! Just like Kit in these books!! Anyway this topics about Ronan and not my personal life!! No I think we need Ronan because this new problem is world wide so I think Ronan repricents that feeling!!! Plus they are going to mee the rest of there team on the moon!!!
                        Fox
                        God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Let me explain something.

In fiction, all characters can't be likeable. It doesn't work. And Ronan is one of those characters who is an excellent character for the trouble he creates. After all, who are we to judge DD's decisions on her work? AWA would have been worse without Ronan being snotty. And how old should a person be in their first kiss? You have to consider these sorts of things. Just because they kissed, does not mean that they are in love. A first relationship is something completely different.

Part of growing up is dealing with a best friend while still making time for your SO. That's half the battle. These kids still have to grow up in the normal ways too. Having wizardry doesn't make them grown-ups in a split second.

Comment

Drea--I agree with you ^.^

Something that's easy to forget when reading/writing fiction is that each character sees his or herself as the main character, and that they're not all there, in their own minds, to support and help along the main character/pair/relationship/whatever. If they were, they, and perhaps even the story, would be boring and two-dimensional, no?

I'd also like to say that I, being the same age as Nita, have friends who have gone further than just kisses at a younger age than her (although I haven't myself). I'm not saying whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I'm just saying that it happens, and that people take this kind of thing at different paces... kissing at fourteen or fifteen is pretty normal. I know girls who'd gotten their first boyfriends at eleven. My band teacher's nine-year-old son had a girlfriend somewhere in the midwest two years ago.

...aside from that...

Ronan does seem like less of a grouthead in the new exerpt XD.... he's still fun to make fun of, though XP

Comment

I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

That is true... however, the thing is, you have to start somewhere in order to figure that out. Yes, fourteen is too young for commitment. But is it too young to start learning that? Should you keep a small child from his markers and crayons because he can't yet produce art? Because he's too young to understand it? Everyone has to start somewhere; the expirience, information, and impulse control have to come from somewhere. Learning to succeed in relationships at a young age, getting past the romance and the physicality--they're as much a part of growing up as anything. Even if what you make at first is the social equivalent of awkward centipede-stick figures in blue and purple crayon.

...maybe I'm being a bit emotional because I'm only a bit older than Nita was in that particular book, but...

(edit) okay, why do all of my posts have the "poll" icon on them?

Comment

Working...
                                X