Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dai Stihó, cousin! - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizard's Holiday, and read Wizards at War when it came out (and am fairly sure I cried over it, to be honest), and then reread/caught up to everything last summer when the novellas were coming out, I think. I'm very glad to be back in this fandom! This is definitely one of those series that ages up well and is just as enjoyable for adults as it is for children.

Looking forward to spending some time here!

Comment

• Welcome back, dogsinspace! Any idea what your username was? Or something striking you may have said in a post back in the day? Just trying to figure out who you are... or were..., if you even remember me!

Welcome, Ellie! Good to hear from you after lurking!
      "...Some of growing up is the knitting together of our cognitive webs, and some things take time and experience to make sense...." - Taran

Comment

• Dai, y'all. My name is Asher, I'm new to the forum... Not new to the series though! I've been reading YW since ~6th grade (and I just finished my second year of college). I stopped in the middle of Wizards Holiday years ago though and only recently got back into it. Finished WH and WAW and am now doing a reread with the New Millenium Editions. I've made it back to WAW and am excited to finally read WOM which I can't find a physical copy of ANYWHERE... How are yall

Comment

• Dai stiho Asher! It's pretty quiet around here (there's a larger, more active fandom on Tumblr at this point), but people still poke in and out. Hope you're enjoying the reread! I've been meaning to do one myself, before CrossingsCon roles around! And yeah, welcome
          All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

• I think I might have successfully entered the fandom in exact reverse order? First the con, then finding tumblrs, and finally here. Thought I'd say hello, having just come back from Crossingscon and realizing there are far more fans of the series than I'd realized. By way of introduction, I'm LeVar, first read A Wizard Abroad in 1997 (I seem to recall it being a Science Fiction Book Club selection), then of course had to go back and read all the other books in proper order. Looking forward to contributing as soon as I reread all the books; annoyingly, I have a long enough reading list that some of the smaller details get washed out.

Comment

• Glad to see another Crossingscon cousin posting here! Hope more of us start making our way here. It's a lot easier to have a sustained conversation here than on tumblr.

Anyway! I'm Teresa, in-mutual-weirdness on tumblr. Probably should've picked a more consistent name for here but ah well. First stumbled upon the series when it did the digital version of snagging my finger on a shelf--namely, popping up in the middle of a tv tropes wiki binge sometime in 2013. A few more chance encounters later, and in 2014 I found the entire series (up through Wizards at War) in my library's ebook collection. Some time in between, I'd followed Diane Duane's tumblr, but never thought to look for a fandom presence of any kind. It wasn't until around March/April this year that I found out about the con and subsequently discovered the fandom proper.

It's been so wonderful finding this community and getting to geek out over this series that means so much to me. Dunno how much I'll be posting, but I'll definitely be around!

Comment

• internet was a thing until a couple of years ago...)

Comment

• Hi Cassius. Welcome. This place is sometimes a bit quiet, but hang around, and sometimes it gets busy.
                  -- Rick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy Leopard View Post
                    Hi Cassius. Welcome. This place is sometimes a bit quiet, but hang around, and sometimes it gets busy.
                    It tends to be quieter in between releases, and busier after new releases, but even so, a lot of people have moved to various types of social media.
                    We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Working...
                    X