X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Murray

Friends,

I am shattered to have to tell you that our moderator Peter Murray passed away in hospital this afternoon. His sister Helen, and Helen's partner, were with him.

Our thoughts will be very much with them as we begin to mourn our friend's loss.

I think Peter's sister would appreciate letters or condolence cards that might give her an idea of how much we will miss him. Her address is --

Helen Murray,
    3 Chilton Avenue,
    Temple Ewell,
    DOVER,
    Kent,
    CT16 3EF
    U.K.
    Lee / Forum Administrator

What happened? I thought everyone had said it wasn't anything serious?

=/ You'll be missed.

But I s'pose there's always Timeheart....
    You say there's nothing wrong with being proud. So tell me what you love, and say it loud.

Comment

Oh my God. *eyes well up with tears* Why Peter? Why anyone? Lone Power, I defy you! Entropy strikes one of our own, but we will have the last laugh at Timeheart, where all paths and all lives become as one under the One. Until then, go well, Peter, and well met on the common journey.
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

Around the world the lives you touched mourn, but with grief comes smiles through the tears, for there is cease in a dark period of night.
        There is suffering no longer; for you there is only flight.
        Timeheart called you to its center, all aglow with light.
        May the Powers that Be keep you ever in their sight.

Rest in peace, Peter Murray. @>~~~~
        "People...stop being mean to each other. Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane

Comment

Rest in Peace, Peter. Rest in peace.
          Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
          Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

Gods, Peter. We're going to miss you. But thanks for leaving us such a rich legacy of yourself. I know my life was better for having met you.
            New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Rest in peace, Peter. Thanks for being the awesome person that you were.

There's always Timeheart...

Comment

I've posted a poem In Memoram on the poetry thread.... and I garuntee that I will put it in my book. no way Peter will be left out. gods.... this so hard....

frak you lone power!!! and now of all times! (almost my mom's b-day and just past mothers day, first of either without her...)

Who can sail without the wind
                Who can row without oars
                Who can part from a friend beloved
                Without shedding tears

I can sail without the wind
                I can row without oars
                Yet not part from a friend beloved
                Without shedding tears
                -----------
                "CHOCOLATE in heaven is hearing my CHILDREN'S LAUGHTER"
                ~~ My mother. May 24, 1965- July 6, 2006

Comment

I've been trying to figure out what to say since I got online today, went on IRC and saw Rick talking in there.

It's a shock to us all when a death hits even when there was hospitalization and major problems. The health issues he was having were painful to know a friend was going through them. Because that's what PM was to us all, a friend. He was a rather Rincewind-ish moderator, but beyond the mod there was a friend there. He was a person who we got to know and will remember. And that's what we will do, because of the life that Peter lived. He touched us all in different amounts and in different ways. I know that personally I would not be the same without the people in chat here, and Peter was one of them who led that. So we grieve. And then we remember. Because we cannot forget the live of someone who we cared about, because like its often said, the measurement of success in a life is how many people were touched. And that is something that Peter managed to do to many people, here and elseware.

So I'll remember the person Peter was and hope that from his life we gained half as much as we could have.

Peter, thank you for being the awesome person who you were in chat, in IRC, and in general. It won't be the same without someone to throw peanuts at when they pun in chime and a little bear to say dai to when he enters IRC at midnight, but we have learned from you enough to move on. At least now you are no longer in pain. Rest in peace in Timeheart, Heaven, or wherever you are. And thank you for honouring us here at youngwizards.net with your presence through life.

Once again, Rest in Peace.

-Tuttle

Update: thought I'd link to the online candles that people in #callahans have started and been lighting.
                  We will remember you PM. And your little GingerBear.

Comment

Oh my. It's amazing how much this hurts even though his life barely touched mine. He was an amazing person--and that sounds hollow, because everyone says that when someone dies, but it's true.

Go well, cousin, and see you in Timeheart.

I Am The (Semi-Original) Roshaun Fan. Yay for Prince Unlikely!

Comment

My god. Is it possible? I have no other brilliant condolences or comments of his wonder.

But I shall mimic Alida, since she seemed to put it best.

Go well, cousin. See you in Timeheart.
                      ---
                      Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

I never got to say goodbye... I didn't know... I haven't been coming here as often as I used to... PM... *hugs everyone*

Look at it this way, we'll all see you eventually, huh? *forces a smile*
                        "The Pointy Stick of Doom!" ~Sharklord
                        "It's a duckbutt. AMAZING." ~ Andy from Anime Club, talking about Sasuke's hair

Comment

Wow. I'm shocked. I really am.

Pm was the first person I talked to here. I think he told me to call him 'pops' because everybody did...

I'll really miss his random comments in chime that were really funny and got me cracking up all the time... Even if I wasn't happy, because I laugh at everything... I barely knew him... Partially because he lives... lived, 3,000 miles away. But I'll do my best to express my condolensces. I'm sorry... He was smart, really nice, funny... Awesome. Super.

God this is so sad...

I didn't even know about his medical troubles. But I'm glad he's now no longer feeling any pain.

See you in timeheart.
                          Rest In Peace.

"I am content"

Comment

Nnnnnnnnnnh...
                            HKP (High King Peter) was like a 2nd dad to us...or 3rd, depending...
                            It's just not fair...

But I'm sure he's just somewhere off in a better place...
                            No, I know he is.

We're all gonna miss him...

Comment

I'm not sure I can...so this is how it feels. I could do without this...this thing that's making my hands shake, but all things must...

I don't really know what to say yet, but I'll be coming 'round again soon with a transdimensional box of memories.

Dai Peter Murray, and thank you. You've helped me grow so much in the 2 years that I've known you, and graced all our lives. Hunt's luck in Timeheart dear cousin, here's to seeing you in the end.
                              -Tell me and I may remember; show me and I'll understand; involve me and I'll never forget. Thank you, PM. Your light lives on.

Comment

Working...
                              X