Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in total shock. That's a big gap you're going to be leaving, Peter mate, it's tough to imagine the chats and boards without you.

See you in Timeheart, RIP.
    Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps

Comment

i'm not entirely certain what to say....or od...or think...*half wants to right a poem, but has no idea what to say* i mean, it's been a while since i've seen him, but...*shrugs and goes off........*
      I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
      For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I am beyond shocked b/c of the news of PM's passing. I didn't even know that he was ill. Or actually, maybe I did, but it must have slipped my mind. When I got the e-mail from Nate telling me the news, I almost burst into tears at work. I can't stop shaking.

PM was the very first person I spoke to in Chime. He never treated me like a newbie, and was always the first person to tell me Dai when I would go into chat.

It's amazing how close you can get to people you've never met... but losing PM was like losing a member of my family. He was a member of our family.

I know that he's in Timeheart, and that the time between his arrival there and ours isn't long (considering the age of the Universe), but it's still hard.

PM, we'll miss you. Dai Stiho', buddy.
        Skye

Comment

I don't know what to say. PM, you will be sorely missed. Recipe in pacem.
          Hy gododin cataan hue
          Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
          Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
          Varigal don Fincayra
          Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

I have not been on here in forever and I come back to sad news. Thanks to Raddie for telling me!

PM as I had always known him, I shall miss you dearly you were always there when I needed someone to talk to late at night! You will be missed!
            "We pray for our sorrows to end,
            and hope that our hearts will blend.
            Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
            And who knows:
            starting a new journey may not be so hard
            or maybe it has already begun.
            There are many worlds,
            but they

Comment

Its amazing to think that a person you may have never have met could affect you so much. But PM has done that to all of us with his look on life and his (excuse the next word) pun-ish personality. He was always there, commenting/adding his own suggestions. He helped me several times when I asked for it. Any questions you had he seemed to have an answer to. I feel so guilty for not talking with him for so long, but you seem to forget that what you have in this world is extremely short lived in the grand scheme of things. Peter, thanks for making me laugh, cry, and for all your help. You were a great person, and I'm sorry you didn't have more time to affect even more with your wisdom. Thanks for being there for all of us.
              In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

*raises glass* To Peter for taking us in as new members, being a great friend to all, and for your wonderful (corny) puns!

Peter was, like for most of us, the first person to talk to me here.. I started calling him Pops : ) I dont think he minded lol.. It's gonna be hard to go into chat and not see him there... I think its good for us to be here together and talk.. If any of you ever need me to talk please feel free to Private Message me any time.
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                **Neets**
                CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

The world is a sadder place with his passing.
                  "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right" - Salvor Hadrin, in Isaac Asimov's Foundation

Comment

Ah man... That sucks...

I shoulda thought something was up when he wasn't there last time...

Rest in Peace, friend...

Comment

I will miss you dearly Peter.....Rest in heaven....
                      But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil
                      thou shall not eat of it:
                      for in the day that thou eatest there of
                      thou shalt surely die.

Comment

i'm almost HAPPY not to be able to go in chat, since thing just be so WEIRD without him there...on the other hand, i wish i COULD because then i would have seen more before...*is sad* i DID eventually write a poem, though i'm not sure how good it is.....*has never had anyone i knew die before* not anyone i'd seen more then a couple times....

pm
                        hee was a guardian, for us all,
                        and yet, i fear, all do fall,
                        but though his bodies in the ground,
                        his spirit still is around,
                        looking in on you and me,
                        going to australia, and meaybe america too,
                        and eating a candy bar or two,
                        or maybe simply go streight to heavenm.
                        pr starting atgain as a child of seconds seven.,
                        i know not what happens next,
                        but as i do type this text,
                        i know that he is well.
                        that his spirit has not been felled,
                        so live as he would have us live: well

*is uncertain about the poem as i am about EVERYTHING* but it makes me feel slightly better writing it, so...
                        I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

I am so saddend to hear that he died. I wasn't in the chat room often but I always enjpyed talking with him.

Jenny

Comment

I'm really not sure what to say. PM was always the person to be welcoming and kind, gentle and funny. I didn't go often into chat, but everytime I did, he was there. He was full of valuable insight and understanding.

There's not much more I can say. You will be missed.
                            <3
                            the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

Im not very good with words so... He was always there for everyone and now that he isnt just leaves a gap in chat. Peter requiescat in pace. You will be missed by all but we will meet again one day.
                              "Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance!" I would rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i pretend to be!
                              "People...stop being mean to each other.
                              Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane in chat.
                              "T

Comment

I'm not really sure what to say, but since I don't come here often, I've gotten about ten e-mails or instant messages from people letting me know that Peter Murray died, and I can't stand to get even one more. Hearing it once was plenty, and I'm sure you all agree. So I will post my sympathies before I go insane from hearing the sad news over and over and over again.

Peter Murray was probably one of the best of all of us. I never once saw him get angry, or even stray from his usual mood of "mildly amused". It was really just one of the constants of this site that you take for granted - some newbies won't read the FAQ, some people will post hardly ever and some will post 15 or 20 short posts at a time, someone will post in the Topic of Great Randomness, and Peter Murray will never, ever, get truly angry or annoyed with you. He will move your posts, move topics, edit double posts into one, ask you to please use good grammar and spelling, change topic titles, lock threads, tell you to behave, but he will do all this and more without ever getting angry.

I don't really have anything to say that someone else hasn't already said, and better than I could have. Like most, Peter was one of the first people I talked to in chat. He was a constant, someone you never really fully appreciate until they're gone, and they've taken with them their puns, random inserts about buying things of Amazon when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, their little orange head, and musings about what flavor of ice cream to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X