SYWTBAW Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i would be great as Kit

I personally feel i would be great as kit because, well i've never been very comphy around people, although i can act cheerful occasinally. Also, err why hasn't anyone posted anything for so long? Has the movie come out or something? And why does everything say that the last entries were like in semptember 2 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny9292 View Post
      I personally feel i would be great as kit because, well i've never been very comphy around people, although i can act cheerful occasinally. Also, err why hasn't anyone posted anything for so long? Has the movie come out or something? And why does everything say that the last entries were like in semptember 2 years ago?
      Well, from what I can remember back then, DD was in conversations in a possibility to make the movie; but nothing really went beyond that. However, things like this are normally kept behind closed doors till things are finalized, and I don't want something coming out that cannot keep with it's promise.

I do personally want to see a movie come out at some point, but there are many factors to consider about it. One is that is NOW a good time for one to come out when the Harry Potter movies have come in full swing and are about to come to an end? People are still comparing Young Wizards to Harry Potter when there aren't any comparisons between the two (beyond some of the more obvious things that anyone here can put two-and-two together).

The second thing is the story. I know that DD said in one of the chats in past days that she wanted to write the script for it, and I agree with that. You can't just take the book So You Want to Be a Wizard and get a movie from that; no matter how much I would love that. There are things that will have to be changed for compensate for the different story medium.

While I haven't hear anything about the movie in a long time, I'm still hopeful that there are talks going around about it.

Gibby Gibson
      "Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." ~G. K. Chesterton

Comment

i would absolutely love to be a guy who frowns (or if i could get away with it stick my tongue out) at Joanne while walking by Nita and Joanne during the school scene. also i really hope this movie doesn't go down the path of Twilight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibby Gibson View Post
          Well, from what I can remember back then, DD was in conversations in a possibility to make the movie; but nothing really went beyond that. However, things like this are normally kept behind closed doors till thngs are finalized...
          As far as I know from DD, nothing has changed. There is a script, and DD is still talking to the people who're interested in going forward with the project, but there have been no new developments.
          Lee / Forum Administrator

Comment

Well...then exactly how far along are things in the scheme of things? Is there a plan, or is it still only a possibility?
            All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened. And after you are finished reading one you feel that all that happened to you and afterwards it all belongs to you: the good and the bad, the ecstasy, the remorse, and the sorrow, the people and the places, and how the weather was.

Comment

well i really wanted to play the part as Kit in the movies, but i would have to lose some weight *frowns and sobs*. idk though. my friend and i LOVE the YW series and she says i act JUST like Kit. the only thing is, im not spanish . also, im not sure my parents would be too happy to drive me all the way to LA and most likely not get the part. its kind've heartbreaking, 'cause when i would watch the movie, all i'd ever think about was how i didnt get Kit's part. also, since diane said she wants unknowns to play Nita and Kit's part, would it be an open audition?
              "Four for you Glenn Cocoa, you go Glenn Cocoa!" : Damian Mean Girls

Comment

Wow... a Young wizards movie. It sounds so great. It's something I have had in mind ever since I read the first book. I would love to play Nita, and I was surprised at how much I look like her from the Digest Cover of A Wizard Abroad and The wizards Dilemma. All but the hair. Her hair on the covers looks red, like Dairine's. Also, I have glasses... I might get contacts.

Kit13579: I sure hope so!!

Also, Diane said not to go to crazy because she doesn't even know when it's going to happen. But hey, were only human, we have dreams.
                Last edited by nita13579; June 12, 2010, 04:08:37 PM.
                "Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself" Hermione Granger Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Comment

Working...
                X