SYWTBAW Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYWTBAW Movie

So i read the thing about SYWTBAW hopefully becoming a movie and i was read the audition FAQ and realized how much I would LOVE to play Nita. I got so excited I started to get crazy and then i had to go for a run. and i dont run. I wish soooooo badly that I could make this happen. DD said she wanted unknowns to play Nita and Kit and trust me, you dont get any more unknown than me. While I would rather play Dairine I actually think I look like the Nita on the 2002 edition of WD. Thanks for letting me rant.

anyone else crazily excited at the prospect of being in the movie of your favorite book?
    Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
    Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
    iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Oh sure! But I wouldn't want to be Kit or anyone like that. I would want to be "guy walking by main characters". or perhaps a voice over of a character would be fun. Like fred. I love fred so much, but I don't really know how he would sound, sense I've never heard a white hole talk before.
    In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Hmm, well, I can't think of anyone who's ever heard a white hole talk, so I guess the possibilities are open as to how he should sound I think I'm probably too tall to play any main characters, and I'm older than Nita is in SYWTBAW. Ack, I can't think of any characters I could play!
      "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism
      Define the universe and give 3 examples.

Comment

I was so into the idea of playing Nita a few years ago--but now I think I'm too old. T_T Too bad. I think it would be fun to be a voice, though. Like the Worldgate cats.
        ---
        Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Rhi--we could always voice some whales in DW. Myself, I don't think I'd want to be in a movie--it's the getting up at 4am and then working until midnight seven days a week part that sort of freaks me out. Not to mention it's incredibly boring for actors to be sitting around and waiting for setups to be broken down and put up again.

I'd probably have a lot more fun being one of the camera or lighting crew. I might be meticulous enough to be a clapper/loader. But I think being a dolly grip, or a best boy and working one's way up to key grip or gaffer would be fun, too, if I had the muscles. [grin] No way would I wanna be the boom operator. That would hurt. If I had to learn those kind of dance-with-the-cast skills, I think I'd rather learn how to be a steadicam operator. And I'd hate to be continuity checker. All those polaroids...

Ooo. Editing. I'd want to learn how to edit the movie. That would be fun. Play all day in Final Cut Pro.
          New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

i was watching the HP4 movie stuff and they got up at like 5 and got out at like 8. it wasnt bad.

i'm 2 years older than nita and pretty tall but whatever. i'm hoping auditions will be over christmas break so i can convince my family to get me to LA lol.

wow kli6 you just used a ton of movie production lingo that i dont know lol.

Comment

Rhi--we could always voice some whales in DW.
              Good point, doing a voice of a whale would be incredibly awesome So they're going to do DW too? Great! How many are they making? Oh, I can't wait until the movies come out!!!!!

Gretchen-Waking up at 5 isn't bad? *collapses in exhaustion at mere thought* Hmm, maybe the actor's life isn't for me
              "...For my own part, I known my job; my commission comes from Those Who Are. My paw raised is Their paw on the neck of the Serpent, now and always..." - The (Kitty) Catechism

Comment

haha oh i'm not a morning person either but i meant the getting done at 8 was good. Well if you love it, who cares how early you get up?

Comment

*hopes that they don't DARE mess up this movie* the only PROBLEm with a movie, is we'll end up with a bunch of people on the site who've never read the books, and only know the movie...might get a bit annoying (particularly if they completely mess up the movie) but it will be worht it if they can manage to do it right...for once...*thinks it would be cool to be in the movie* particularly since i'm in new york, where the books took place.
                  I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
                  For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Oo, good point YR, kind of like HP when the movies started coming out. It kind of defeats the point when people watch movies instead of reading the books. Well, maybe those who join the forums will want to read the books once they see how incredibly cool the people are who discuss them are! It's a thought anyways

Comment

Yeah, it's important that the movies really encourage people to read the books. The HP movies are practically an alternative to reading the books (if only they came out simultaneously). Maybe there could be an alternative part of the forum for the movie, rather than increase spam in the book part of the forum by people who know nothing about the books.
                      ---
                      Interesting (adj.) - Oh God, Oh God, we're all gonna die?

Comment

Yeah, I would hope that people would read the books after (or before even) they see the movie and not just talk about the movie.

Comment

Is the movie confirmed then? I haven't heard anything about it...
                          Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

http://www.youngwizards.com/so-you-w...-the-movie-FAQ

She doesn't exactly confirm it, but she says it looks good.

Comment

I would love for these books to be made into a movie. If it does happen well, then I can't wait. I don't think I could act in a movie. In fact I've always wanted to do stage crew in school. I just wouldn't want this to get screwed up. But if Diane will be watching over everything as closely as she plans maybe I don't have to be so worried after all.
                              Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
                              Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

Working...
                              X