No announcement yet.

SYWTBAW Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think DD would let the magic of the books be lost in translation, either...but it doesn't stop me from worrying now and then! too many authors find themselves powerless as just that happens...and it doesn't help that most of us here will watch the movies, whether or NOT they mess it up, just in case we can find some part of the book in them...
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

Yeah i was reading Stardust and i was soo annoyed that his name was TristRan. It bugged me soo much. Then i read an article about the movie and realized that it said Tristan. Even though TristRan bugged me, the fact that they changed it bugged me more. By the way, that book was amazing
      Look closely at your next subway token... and talk to strangers...
      Darth Vader, look out. Here I come.
      iPsych- The Website for the Only Psych Podcast

Comment

i finally have the book, and i look forward to reading it as soon as i finish enough books that i checked out before it...(and some of the others i desperately want to read) and i certainly hope they don't change the names of one of the characters in sywtbaw! not that there's any real reason too, but that wouldn't necessarily stop them if it got into their heads to change it...
        For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

it would be horrid if they changed the names. can you imagine nita as,like, jennifer...and kit as tom... and tom as paul...and carl as bill...and dair as karen...*stops...too emotional* i really hope i can find some part of the books in the movie
          ----
          edit to consolidate double post -- gf
          one of my friend was trying to read LoTR and asked me about it (cause i've read it)i told her that you have to pretend your being graded on it and take in all the little details, otherwise it won't make sense... we talked about the writing style and decided to talk like that the rest of the day LOL it was soo funny...i'd see her in the hall and be like
          and she stopped on the third tile to talk to her friend. with a smile she said 'i have math class now, it takes place with Mrs.Jimenez in room 18. their are 28 students in my class today, except oneis absent so their are only 27...'
          she replied 'i too am going to mathematics class where we learn of math and numbers'
          we didn't get any farther than than because we were gasping for air fromlaughing too hard LOL
          ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

If you double post you do realize you just might get yelled at. I'm only warning you beacuse I've gotten yelled at before and it isn't fun. I'm just warning you.

I hope they don't change Nita's name.
            Writing is nice, but you have to live in the real world sometimes.-Me 09/06/07
            Writing is an art, and words are like colors.

Comment

yeah, I got yelled at for doing that too... it's a lesson well learned. try to edit your post...

hmm yeah that just wouldn't be SYWTBAW if they changed any of the character's names. I hope the movie will be almost the same as the book. I'd be a little sad if they change things around like they did in the Chronicles of Narnia... Was very disappointed when I saw that.
              Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
              Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
              It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
              Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I would fancy playing one of the incarnations of the Lone Power. I love some of the speeches of victory he does in the later books.

Comment

I would love to play Nita. I'm the right age and everything. I'm always in the plays in school and stuff in New York. I hope the auditions are in New York. It's closer to where I am. I wouldn't mind being Dairine either, but, I look older than i am, so i dont think that would work. oh well. sorry for mindlessly babbling. That's what my friend's ear is for. She doesn't mind either. *goes off to babble in Sam's ear*
                  ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
                  Yes I'm a witch, deal with it! So mote it be! My other car is a broom. Blessed Be! A.D.

Comment

wait? there's someone besides me in new york? *gaps* i doubt any of US Would get hte parts...even though it would be WONDEROUS if someone from the site did...(on the other hand, we might all drive the directors to distraction with every change they make, or refuse to do lines we don't think the characters in the books would have done, and overall stop the movie from ever being made)

Comment

i agree with young reader, when some people see the movies they fell like they donot have to read the books (not me...I absolutely must read the book after seeing a movie)

and to kli6, the only reason LoTR sales went up is because no one had read the hobbit, and they didn't know how the books drag on and on(although not always in a bad way)

i also think that there should be seperate forums because if the movie changes what happened in the book, people who didn't read the books will makes us all very, very confused *getting a headache just thinking about it*

i really hope DD gets unknowns to play the characters because i cannot think of a single actress/actor who i can imagine as ANYONE in the books *shakes her head at how sad it is* and i think it would be cool to be a voice-over, but if she has too many people that has read the books we WILL take over the set *smiles, laughs to herself* mwa ha ha
                      ~We're the kinda friends that kill each other for a handful of Doritos and in the end we don't say sorry we say Haha! Too bad!!~. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.

Comment

*Starts making plots to turn the directer into personal puppet, and make sure all the things i want in get in* *Grins* and a second part of the forum for the movies might be good...It's less annoying than constantly telling people "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!" all the time. :P

Comment

I think I'll answer the casting call - when it comes - and try to get a part doing Fred's voice at least. That would be fun, and I've always wanted to do a voice-over. However, if the make up teams are up to par, I might fancy playing a Tom or Carl and having the make up division make me look older. I should be old enough to almost look the part by 2009-2011 ... so yeah. Otherwise, I might just wait and - if they continue the movies - try to get a part as Ronan. That'd be fun too.
                          ;P
                          Meow! ... care for some lore?
                          WoW

Comment

I'd thought about what it would be like to play Nita...and though I wouldn't want to, I'm the right age (thirteen) and when I first read the books, I looked EXACTLY like Nita did on the covers. I mean, I know the pictures vary, but I brought up a picture of Nita (from a cover of on of the books) on my computer, and my dad looked at it, and then commented, "this is a nice picture of you. When was this taken? It doesn't look like anywhere we've been..." I was moderately surprised that my dad had mistaken a book character for me...but then, life is just weird (see my sig).
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Originally posted by Tualha Bard:
                              I think I'll answer the casting call - when it comes - and try to get a part doing Fred's voice at least. [..]However, if the make up teams are up to par, I might fancy playing a Tom or Carl [...]I should be old enough to almost look the part by 2009-2011 ... so yeah. Otherwise, I might just [...]try to get a part as Ronan. That'd be fun too.
                              ;P
                              Doesn't your name say that you're a cat-bard? if so, how will you be able to play a human? and if you do, if you were going to transform, couldn't you just transform directly into someone?
                              "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                              -Terry Pratchett
                              Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

Said by yr:
                                ...and a second part of the forum for the movies might be good...It's less annoying than constantly telling people "THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!" all the time. :P
                                I have to do that alot in my house. My entire family has now seen all of the HP movies, and they don't know which end is up. They're constantly asking "whatever happened to Dobby?" or "why is what you say is the book, so different from the movie?" Oh, if only I knew...
                                Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Working...
                                X