Is Wizardry Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

Wizardry is real. It is in us, around us, in the earth and the sky and the trees and even your annoying computer. Magic is the reason I talk about things like they have emotions, because magic makes what I say true.<span class="ev_code_WHITE">(Most of the time. I need to stop lying about stuff to my mum.)</span> I`ve read The Oath in SYWTBAW, and I think it doesn`t work because it`s not complete. You have magic in you, and the best ways to let it out so you can use it is to be good, conserve energy, leave the trees alone, ride a bike or walk unless you have to ride in a car, turn the water off when you arn`t using it, don`t be greedy and don`t try to rule the world(s)! Notice I said "don`t try to rule the world(s)" instead of "don`t try to rule the world".
    "Accomplishing the impossible means only the boss will add it to your regular duties." - Anonymous
    Nita, Kit, pay attention to that one!

Comment

ODD BALL IS MEEEE!!!!I cant help talking to my bird she ansers.I SOOO BELEVE IN WIZARDRY!!!My mom hates me reading books like yw but my dad will give me money to get books.
      The Answer to life the universe and everything: CREW 42!!!!!!!!
      DON'T PANIC!!!!! *two seconds later once the plan does not work* OK PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I have a spelling problem. SYWTBAW

Comment

I believe too!!! I really hope/believe that one day im gonna become a wizard like in YW or HP or something else. Im only 14 so i think i still hve time to become one.
        "Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance!" I would rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i pretend to be!
        "People...stop being mean to each other.
        Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane in chat.
        "T

Comment

Its strange that I found this topic when I did...

I was shopping the other day with my mom, and we went to get our pictures developed.Unfortunately, the machine practically ate the cd we had the pictures on. So, the woman behind the counter came over to help us, and she said something that struck me. All of a sudden she said "Please work for me!" and it spit the cd out. It was odd because the next thing she said was: "They always work when you talk to them."

It sounds simple of me, I know. But there has to be some kind of "something" out there.
          When I was little I used to talk to three specific trees in my backyard... and I remember believing I heard them back.And I still find myself trying to coax my computer into actually working for a change.

I guess its just a matter of opinion.But sometimes its surprising what you hear around you everyday!
          "All Death Eaters must be proficient in the Dark Arts: murder, Unforgivable Curses, yodeling etc."
          -So You Want to be a Death Eater

----------------------
          'Creator of Sonderwear'
          -----------------------

Comment

In my opinion i cant just say "oh this isn't real" to someone who told me they saw something. If a person said they saw something i would probably believe them. But that's out of the topic. When i read the book i found out that in a way everything that's happening in the book is like whats happening in the real world.

I mean that the Lne One could be the devil. And the Poers That Be could be God. And we choose who we want to be with. Plus its not like this world doesnt have any "magic" There is wicca and that kind of stuff (even if it is dangerous)

But i believe that there's much more to be seen, and that wizardry can be seen but in different forms.

Comment

I've tried the oath at least twice by now. There's a light in my house that's stopped being really annoying since then. XD

Yeah, when I get really annoyed at my computer, I repeatedly ask it to work. Same thing with other stuff.
              Oops

Comment

I really like what Delphi says about liking these types of wizardry that aren't free.

But to answer the question - yes, absolutely, and no, of course not.

I think there are several answers to this. First and foremost, the famous quote "Any technology that is sufficiently advanced is indistinguishable from magic." See "gun" reference "Neanderthal". It's magic to them - but that's not what you meant.

Another answer that is not really satisfactory is more or less said in the first few pages of SYWTBAW - that we stop the entropy of the universe every day by being mindful of the energy we waste - from turning off lights to carpooling, and more. It's on a smaller scale than what Nita and Kit do, but it still contributes.

But these, as any person really asking the question will say, are cop-out answers.

So I'm torn between my logical side to say, "no, it doesn't," because I haven't seen it, and yes, my emotional side, which makes me want to say, "yes, it does, because it had to."

Personally, I would settle for knowing Wizards, and assisting them. Not as much a Carmela as a Mr. Millman, though both would cool as well. But wizards need support like anyone else, and someone who can cover for you in the world would be quite useful, I think.

In the end, it's what you believe. Sometimes incredible things happen. Believe in it, and you never know, someday, sometime...you might be running your hand down the books in the library, when...
                Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
                Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

I believe wizardry is real. Simple as that. YOu may not believe it because they're doing such a good job of working their magic in secret. I think DD is a wizard who wrote these books to recruit new wizards because there are so few wizards. She wrote them for those "true-believers" out there who, well, believe. I have said the WO aloud before and haven't noticed any changes, but maybe there have been changes that I havent noticed or I could be on Ordeal right now and I dont know what my task is.

Nothing is impossible if you believe.
                  "Fairest and Fallen, greetings and defiance!" I would rather be hated for who i am than be loved for who i pretend to be!
                  "People...stop being mean to each other.
                  Especially for the sake of laughs. IT SPEEDS UP ENTROPY." -Diane Duane in chat.
                  "T

Comment

Oh, wizardry is real. If you mean higher powers sometimes giving mortals the authorization and power and faith to bring about things that otherwise would be impossible. But not exactly as we picture, perhaps.

I don't believe any extraordinary power is usually given when an ordinary solution to a problem will do. I don't believe miracles usually happen where there isn't great faith...and humility...and need. And I don't believe that kind of power can be used in contravention of the principles God operates by or the plan God has for the welfare of all his children. I'm also leary of mysticism or spiritualism and I'd want to be very careful of the source of my inspiration because I believe there is a "Lone Power" out there that loves to deceive people and is not enlightening or ennobling.

So yes, I think wizardry is real. I think we do access it by covenenting with God to obey him and do his will the best we can. But I also have a lot of experience with a personal strength and power that comes into my life when I am humble and trying to do what God would have me do. And things do work out and heal and get stronger. For me, that's the real wizardry.
                    I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

okay, okay wizardry has to be real. think of the logics. how the heck to humans create stories of magical beings existing. if you think of all the good stroeis there are, they are based on something factual. there must have been a first incident of magic occuring, and someone saying "hey it does exist". then i guess it got lost after the time when they killed witches, or thought to be witches. thats mys tor.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowWizard:
                        I believe wizardry is real. Simple as that. YOu may not believe it because they're doing such a good job of working their magic in secret. I think DD is a wizard who wrote these books to recruit new wizards because there are so few wizards. She wrote them for those "true-believers" out there who, well, believe. I have said the WO aloud before and haven't noticed any changes, but maybe there have been changes that I havent noticed or I could be on Ordeal right now and I dont know what my task is.

Nothing is impossible if you believe.
                        If you're on Ordeal, you're in trouble, the Lone One's gonna come and say, "Rawr! Die now.". XD
                        Oops

Comment

Yes. Wizardry is real. I talk to trees, and I feel them sometimes. I put my energy into a tree so that I can ground into the Earth. I'm wiccan, and I'm a also what you would call a believer. Magic and wizardry is real. Trust in that, and then trust wizardry.
                          Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

Wizardry is real, as is some parts of Wicca. I mean, I carry around a chunk of rose quartz, and it helps me keep my cool when the class idiots are acting up. Not exactly wizardly, but still, wizardry isn't that much of a stretch after a rock helping me stay calm.
                            If we can find the power, I think that we could be wizards. It's just a matter of finding the Speech, or something similar.
                            I wish that I could kick the Lone Power's @$$ really hard. But, there are other ways to do that besides wizardry.
                            Take care of nature. Let the world stay a beautiful place to live. ~Diana
                            Every moment is a new chance for you to make things better. ~Eirene
                            Enjoy what you have got. You don't need what you have not. ~Filippa

Comment

I totally agree! I use rocks to calm down in class too.
                              Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I AM SOOOO A BELIEVER IN MAGIC AND WIZARDRY!
                                I talk to so many things, out loud and in my mind. I talk to my clay dragons, trees, the world, the sky, dirt(don't ask), animals, my comp, pretty much everything else. And most the time I can feel them talking back. Sometimes it's just a soft whisper, sometimes I can hear it semi-clearly, and sometimes it's just a soft hum that I can sorta understand. At first when all of this happened I was all "WTH? What's happening to me?" And then I sorta got used to it.
                                I have my own little rocks and jewels. They make me feel good when I'm down. I like burning incense because it's my element too! Incense represents air... I'm a Gemini... I got off topic. But I have this one jade Chinese Dragon thing and whenever I hold it I feel so much better. Happier, lighter, more secure. Stuff like that.
                                Am I insane because I believe in magic/wizardry? My friends think so. I just mentioned it one day and they were all. "Lauren! Your almost thirteen, twelve at the moment! Why do you still believe in all this?!?!?" And I was all quiet. Now I try to never talk about it with my friends.
                                Though, I once had a friend who was kinda physic. She was so cool. But she moved to a different school. We don't talk much and if we do it's email. *sigh* I really miss her, I didn't have to hide anything from her. And she understood! *sighs again*
                                "I'm so smart!" *KABOOM!!!*- me and my eggbert game
                                "Poop a box!" me and my sis while playing MarioKart DS
                                "Gah!" "I love this song!" "What?!?"- BFFE and me
                                "PILLOWS!" me, Sam, and Kat.

Comment

Working...
                                X