Is Wizardry Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Wizardry Real?

Ever since I read the Harry Potter series I immidiatly became obsessed. Soon the Young Wizard series sucked me in. Every night I prayed and wished that it would be true,and that one day I could be a Harry Potter or a Nita Callahan. I can't discuss this issue with my friends,they'd laugh at me. Or else they would say something like,'Lauren! Your 12 years old! Get out of your fantasy life and snap back into reality!' My parent's would probably scoff or give me a one-sentence explanation if I asked if wizardry was real.
    Since the past week or so I've been reading the Oath in So You Want To Be A Wizard every night right before I go to bed. Later,of course,I felt foolish. I'm almost a teenager,afterall. Soon a dragged my parents into second-hand bookstores or Barnes and Nobles,always trying to find a Manual. Heck,I still do. I try to get them into a bookstore every weekend. Of course,I doubted I would find one. But I'm desperate,you know. The way Diane writes,its as if she WAS Nita,and used a different name instead of Diane simply because she didn't want to make the truth that obvious. I would,without a doubt, do ANYTHING to be a wizard. Im obsessed.
    I need to know the answer. If Diane Duane could just come and give me a simple 'Yes' or 'No' Id stop bothering people and wishing it was. So please,is wizardry real?

If you have something to say to me without telling to whole world you can email me at o0laurensworld0o@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Lauren

Heh.
    I've desperately wanted magic to be real before. Reality is, in its own way, wicked and cruel. And wouldn't it be so neat to escape your current life and have a bit of power? Wizardry power? But I've never tried to read the Oath aloud. It occured to me once that I could try it. There's always a maybe. Maybe it was real.
    But no. That's just silly, and I don't really beleive in it. So of course I never tried it, and I probably never will. Simply, I don't beleive in it. For me, there's no point bothering.

Keep it up if you want. Who knows? If you want to search, there is a topic about all of this. 'Do You Beleive in Magic' I think its called. A lot of people there have tried things like that. Go see their opinion.
    Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Hey,</span> I don't really believe that wizardry is real, but I read all about it. The books I read MAKE magic come alive. That's one of the reasons I love reading fantasy and science fiction books. They aren't realistic.

<span class="ev_code_RED">~Angel_Star~</span>
      <3
      the awesome like whipped cream || Queen of Nonsensical || Guardian Angel of YW || who *dies* a lot || but <3s everybody || who pours out her soul || and doesn't always say what she should || but is

Comment

I have always believed that wizardry MIGHT be real. You never know, maybe Diane's world is real...
        In Life's name and for Life's sake...

Comment

Let's face it with the parallel world theroy everything is possible its just the fact of somehow traveling to that parallel world!! I mean who would'ant want to do that!! And I do believe that certain people in this world are aware of thing's we ar'nt and can use that arwareness to there advantage. I think that makes sence???
          Fox
          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

I know for a fact that "magic"/Wizardry is real. The problem is getting it to work for you. It worked for me a few times when I was younger, and it still may be working, but if it is it's hardly noticeable...
            ~Rachel

Comment

Yes it is,because i am Wizardry MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.no,seriously.It is real but the problem is it doesnt work for everyone.But then again think about it,do you really want to encounter Him,The Lone Power? I mean,if you do They wont help you. just think about it
              Meow! (^_^)
              Give blood,go skateboarding.
              I'm not snotty,i'm just better then you are.
              I'm not a cereal killer,i'm a performance artist
              Give blood, visit Minnesota

Comment

I think wizardry worked for me when I was younger too, but it has not worked in years!!! I have thought about dabberling (sorry about the spelling!!) in white magic, what would you call a man doing white magic? would it be a 'wizard'? I know a few friends that do it and thought I would ask for there books to read up on it!! But would it work for me??? Who nows??

And just before I go, Pop Tart Kitten I think that if I did have magic and it meant fighting the lone power I think I would take him on and knowing that I was doing something good and worth wild I would beat him!!! Bring him on !!

Fox

Comment

Ok,thats kinda scary
                  Meow! (^_^)
                  Give blood,go skateboarding.
                  I'm not snotty,i'm just better then you are.
                  I'm not a cereal killer,i'm a performance artist
                  Give blood, visit Minnesota

Comment

XLaurenX, anything is possible. Maybe even DD doesn't know. Somewhere, somehow, in an alternate reality, or deep in this one, it could be. I'd really love it if it was real. I guess it partly depends on your definition of "real". Perhaps the obsession is a little much, though. Remember, it said in the books that wizardry finds you, and who knows,it may turn out that that exactly isn't what you've got to give to the world, but there are more subtle ways to get the Lone Power down, by channeling your energy into something positive and lasting, and that's really a kind of wizardry. And by the way, don't let the teenager thing throw you off. Honestly, you might need that hope about wizardry to hang onto even more during those years. God, I sound like Ann Landers.
                    Don't let the nonbelievers get you down!
                    ~Philosopherkat

Comment

I truly believe wizardry is real. My username is 'BeleiverInWizardry'! I try to talk to the trees in my yard(call me crazy! I don't care!). Not out loud though, in my head. I hear SOMETHING talking back, but i don't know if it's my imagination, or if it really is the trees.
                      Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Hey Pop Tart Kitten whats scary about that??? We all have to face our demons some time!!And lets face it if you know what your fighting it makes it that much less terrible!!
                        Fox

Comment

YA know what I just realized?

I used to talk to my moms car when I was little!
                          Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Also depends on what your definition of 'magic' is.

I talk to the trees and such too. Especially house plants that die in my care. I beg vending machines. I discuss with my dog and then bribe him.

GoldenPup

Comment

Is that anything like yelling at the computer because it is being very stupid... doing things that you are not telling it to do? Sometimes, I suspect that it has a mind of it's own and is directly disobeying orders. I wonder if I should name it Spot after Dairine's pet machine.

And does it count if you talk to yourself? I certainly feel a great deal of the time like I am talking to myself.
                              -----------------------------I'm not paranoid! Which of my enemies told you this?
                              The trouble with life is that you're half-way through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
                              I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get bac

Comment

Working...
                              X