No announcement yet.

Is Wizardry Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I posted here before...back when I was an ignorant little newbie.
    Does anyone else here feel that there is power in words? (Forgive me if this has been brought up already, I'm going from memory.) Everytime I write something it never fails to amaze me how I can change someone's mind, how they look at aomething, or how they feel, even. I'm planning on becoming an english teacher so I can work with words and help others see the way I do, or in their own way. So many kids in my class hate english. *sigh*
    ^_^ I have heated debates with my computer and printer. They never work together. The opening scene of A Wizard Alone had me in hysterics 'cause I talk to things all the time. If they listen, now...it's fun to imagine.

No, wait, it wasn't here I posted. Maybe it was in "Do You Believe in Magic?". Something like that...heh.
    Metaphors be with you.

Comment

OMYGOD!! I have always wanted to be a wizard. Nothing that I have noticed has ever really happened to me, but one can wish! Anyways, XLaurenX, my heart litteraly skiped a beat when I read your post! I have done the SAME exact thing. I know everyone probably thoink I'm crazy, I don't care

My best friend and I were talking to each other and she asked if I was a wizard because I read all these magic books. Later I asked if she ever wanted to be a wizard. She didn't laugh but in all seriousness said yes. So, we decided to see if we could find a book on wizardry. (this was before i found YW) Are any of you thinking along the same lines?

One other thing, Rad, what kind of things was it that happened to you when you were younger? Anyone whos had stuff like that, plese tell me.I'm desperate!!!!
      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      **Neets**
      CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

I talk to my car all the time. And my computer. And the plants. They make me happy.
        http://superdrea.net/

Comment

I talk to several things (I have 2 pet rocks named Rupert and James). But the thing is, wizardry is real, It is all around us and it is in us. It is what tells us not to do something bad, it helps us stay on track. It's just that some people get so enveloped in greed and life that the magic is forgotten, it leaves them. You see, you don't need books and such to create magic, they are just instruments. If you remember in SYWTBAW it talks about how you can slow down the death of the universe without magic (though magic helps). Just caring can be Magic, and you can't become a wizard through greed and desire of power, just caring, and you'll have the gift of helping the world! That is the best wizardry there is! That is the reason I became a vegan and devoted my life to peace and non-violence and balance and compassion.
          I hope that helped.
          And it is nice to meet someone my age for a change! I'm turning 12 in 5 days!!!
          Go vegan today!!!
          ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

Ive actually bought a wizardry book. It was by like Cornileaus Rumstuckle or something. It didn't work. And it sounded wwaayy to little kiddish for me. I read through it sometimes for the fun of it,but that book makes it seem so fake.

I tried to buy a witchcraft book,to see if theres any difference in that and wizardry,because witches have a horrible reputation (excluding the HP series). But my dad caught me reading it in Barnes and Nobles and told me off. Said it would be against religions cross the nation. Now I feel bad about believing in magic in the first place =/

And I talk to my computer all the time. It has a virus on it right now,cause Im download happy XDD I even thought of giving it a tishue once o-o; Im paranoid,yes. I shall go hide in my corner and talk to my cat XDD

Comment

Don't feel bad. My parents don't exactly approve of my love of the unnatural and fantasy stuff. My friend caughtme talking to a tree. She thinks I have problems. lol. I don't really care. I'm well known as a weird person. lol!
              Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

Everyone who has read the oath in here before you are not alone.There is a whole section on that somewhere around here in Miscellaneous issues but I think it was archived it was popular last year. Believerinwizardry,my parents are the same way. Something weird as you age I guess. My parents found me picking up a stick and placing it in the moonlight. They thought that was weird. Lauren, I've done the same thing with the Cornelius Rumstuckle books, their wiccan, but that just wasn't for me either. I think wizardry could be real, I 've done all of these things myself. The one thing that keeps me from beign a little weird all of the time is thinking 'There is magic and everything somewhere, just not in this universe' Obviously anyone who's read the books are going to feel that ay I guess, it's just natural if you've read DDs stuff.

Comment

BelieverInWizardry I'm 21 and I do believe in myself!! I'm always talking to things!! animals, trees and flowers. I don't bother talking about it anymore to any of my friends or relatives cause they think I'm werid!! maybe I am but I beleive and thats what matters!! Yesterday for example I was walking the dog in the rain (which is my favoiute weather) and I swear that I was picking up imagaes and feeling from the trees when I touchd them!!! its was strange but I think it happened!! and even if no one else believes it did happen I do!!
                  Fox
                  God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Once, I took a tree branch(asking first)from a tree, and I stole my brothers pocket knife, and I peeled off the bark and then i lost it. wow. That was odd. The tree got mad at me. One of the pine trees in my yard is annoyed with me cause I've stopped climbing him, and the only reason I'm not is because my mom gets mad at me for constantly getting covered with pine sap. I'm an odd person. Oh well. te hee
                    Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Comment

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Of course magic is real. If it weren't we would all be dead. I always do things that make my parents and friends think I am crazy. I beleive in the type of magic in the YW books and in Eragon. They are basicaly the same thing. The type of magic that takes something from you. The Harry Potter books are one of my favorite series, but the magic isn't very beleivable, it's too easy.</span>
                      ______-______-______-______
                      ~(*<@!$%^&^%$!@>*)~
                      ^ Random Symbols. ^
                      Dude, you are one seriously wacked out Froot Loop.

Comment

My parent's hate that I read all these wizardry books like, YW and HP. My dad nearly banned me from reading YW a few weeks ago, because I was reading Wizards Holiday for the 4th time. If I ever told them I belived in wizardry I don't want to ever know what it would ever feel like. I didn't even tell my dad I am on the web site, only my mom knows.

I love the rainy weather too, Fox. All my friends think im crazy, they all love it when it is bright and sunny. I love it just before it starts to rain.
                        **Neets**

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

nitafan211 you are mind kind of person and we are i little simular!!! I LOVE RAINY WEATHER and like you I think its at its best just before or straight after raining. Also my dad hates me reading all this wizardry stuff and he already told me what he thinks of people that do beleive it!! "its the devil, he makes it look all Innocent just to slip under your Guard" don't talk about it any more cause it gets boring!!! I BELEIVE, i can say that here thats why I like it!!!
                          Fox
                          God its hard to keep up with everything here!!

Memember of The STTF (Save the topic foundation).

Comment

Rainy weather is the perfect weather...
                            ______-______-______-______
                            ~(*<@!$%^&^%$!@>*)~
                            ^ Random Symbols. ^
                            Dude, you are one seriously wacked out Froot Loop.

Comment

Glad to know there's someone like me! I wish that Wizardry could come to anyone who wanted it. I know everyone here has had some sort of experiance with it, I havent. I BELIVE in it too. I don't know. *let's out an annoyed/depressed sigh*

WAIT!!! It's raining now. YES!!!! It looks so nice.

**Neets**

Comment

of course wizardry is real. why do you even ask that question? do you beleive in wizardry? i beleive that wizardry is real. and for the record i think that rainy weather is the best weather too.
                                busy reading

Comment

Working...
                                X