No announcement yet.

Your least favorite book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY least favorite of the series would be High Wizardry..... Its not that I don't like it its that I like the others better.
    ---------------------------
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Call me nasa, it's a tradition.... don't ask...

Comment

Tough choice, but Wizard's Vacation would have to be my leas favorite. Although I do have to admit Roshaun was pretty durned hilarious...

Comment

Lets see...Umm I'd definetly have to say that Wizard's Delema and A Wizard Alone were my leat favorites. But like only because Nita and Kit were in a fight and so it never showed the two of them together. And I like the parts with them together better. I don't know why. It's just really funny to watch their interactions with each other change over time. But I think my favorite book was High Wizardry. Especially the begening three or four chapters. That was hillarious!
        Don't take life so seriously- you wont get out alive anyway.
        I just got lost in thought…it was unfamiliar territory.
        If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Comment

Least favorite, hm? I can't honestly say. Possibly Wizard's Dilemma or A Wizard Alone, but then there are other things that I like about both of those. I guess there really isn't one that I would call my least favorite; just a few I don't like quite as much as the others.

But if you want to know a book that I really, truly can't stand, then it'd have to be The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. I had to read it for high school freshman year, and I can tell you that I have never detested a book the way I detest The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. It was not only depressing - that doesn't really bother me - it was that it was pointlessly so.
          And the Dragon's song, so wild and strong,
          Fell from the sky like rain
          Upon my soul; which, watered well,
          Bloomed with a joy no words can tell
          Where once was a dusty plain.

-A verse from the Song of the Winged Ones

Comment

I don't have a least favorite I really liked all of the books. If I had to choose I would have to say Wizards Aboard it got a little long after awhile but the ending battle was cool.
            Dai Stiho cousens

Comment

I didn't care for A Wizard Abroad so much, there were parts of it that made me think that DD had been paid off by the Irish tourist board.

Also I am not sure about Nita and Ronan, she never struck me before as the type who would go around just kissing guys. (But now I'm starting to wonder whether she should just lay a big one on Kit and get on with business already...)

Comment

Originally posted by Alonzo S. View Post
                I didn't care for A Wizard Abroad so much, there were parts of it that made me think that DD had been paid off by the Irish tourist board.
                You know she lives in County Wicklow, right? :-) (Not where they filmed Excalibur, though, I asked once.)
                "...and that's how Snuggles the hamster learned that yes, things COULD always get worse."

"You are the most insolent child I have ever had the misfortune to teach." "Thank you."

Comment

Truthfully, I don't have a least favorite. Each one has a theme that corresponds with the series, and that makes me love them even more.
                  Magic exists everywhere you look because you choose to see it. Magic exists inside of me because I welcome it. Magic and energy are one and the same. Energy and magic will always exist.

Comment

I can't think of which one would really be my least favorite... I have parts of all of them I did have sad dreams after reading. A Wizard Alone seemed to be all to much like what my mind can be sometimes so I felt really connected to that book. Nope, can't think of one that was my least favorite, though I might discover more parts as I reread the series. (or listen as the case may be, I'm in the process of buying the audible recordings)
                    There is Always DEEP Shadow where there is MUCH Light!
                    "I will meet the terminally clueless today...idiots and those with hairballs for brains.... I do not have to be like them, even though I would dearly love to hit them hard enough to make the empty places between their ears echo..." Rhiow - TVTQ

Comment

hmm... let's see.
                      I loved DW, HW, and AWAb. I really enjoyed getting Dairine into the picture. I feel that its good to have multiple characters points of view, and I felt that Dairine was different enough from Nita that it wasn't just more of the same pov that some authors will do.
                      And, I have to say that I had a hard time with AWAl. I don't know why. Good story, but... I'm going to reread it and see if my opinion changes. It could be that I just haven't read it as much. Or that it is the only book in the series that I have that is in hardback (this bothers me).
                      WD, this was one that I connected with, from personal experience, but it is also a little too hard for me to read for just the same reason. It's a favorite, but also one I don't read that often.

Comment

Atlas Shrugged. Oh wait...

A Wizard Abroad seemed like such a departure from the other books in the series. To me it read much more like a cross between a cheeseball epic fantasy and a travel guide than a cool urban-myth thing.

Then again, I read the first three when I was about 12. I read A Wizard Abroad for the first time when I was around 17-18, and then only found the newer books in the series when I was about 22. So the dislike may have a bit to do with the changing personal situations at the time. (That is, when I read the first three, I was "in the demographic", and the ones I read now/as an adult, I can appreciate moreso as a product of their genre, whether because of increased maturity or education or something else, I'm not sure.) ... Or maybe I'm metathinking too deeply.
                        I would EAT THE HELL outta that steak, then try to guilt the cow into dying just for being a cow. I'd be all "NOM NOM HEY COW YOU'RE NOT MEAT YET WHAT GIVES JERK" and then I'd glare and give it the silent treatment. Same goes for pigs and chickens... I would guilt a FLOCK of chickens into poultrycide in a heartbeat. "HEY YOU'RE A CHICKEN HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT"- Madhatte

Comment

I think my least favourite was actually WD. I think it's because it focuses on her trying to save her mother instead of some larger scheme. I also haven't read it in several years, so I don't really remember much of it at all.

Comment

I gave AWAl another read (working through the series again) and I feel like I got more out of it this time around. Especially about Ponch...
                            I remembered more about it while I was reading it (I had mostly remembered Darryl, and that it came after WD, not much else because it had been a while since I read it last) and really got into it this time. It still doesn't make my top 3 favorites in the series, but I think it won't irritate me so much when I get the paperback copy to match the rest of the books. I think that might have been one of the main reasons I didn't read it more often.
                            I don't know if it would still be my least favorite then...

Comment

I think I liked A Wizard Abroad the least, but that might be just because it's so much different from the others. There's some pretty big, epic themes in the other books, but for some reason this one didn't quite fit...
                              AWD also made me really uncomfortable at first, but I kept re-reading it and then starting to appreciate the emotional parts.
                              I still love them all and really, really wish the newest would come out!

Comment

A wizard alone was my least favorite book.

Comment

Working...
                                X