Your least favorite book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your least favorite book

My least favorite boook is Deep Wizardry. Gets boring in some parts of the book, or at least until the song of the twelve staerts with the krakens and everything

[edited to fix thread title. --kli]

Ha ha! Deep Wizardry was my most favorite. I'd say A Wizard Abroad was my least favorite of the series, but I've only read it once and I might change my mind if I read it again. I liked _To Visit the Queen_ much better the second time around, and I think the change was in me and not in the book.
    (Now for least favorite books of any type, I would have to decide between two or three things I had to read for English class...)

Comment

I don't know, I really like them all. I'd probably say A Wizard Alone though. I don't really know why, but it just never really grabbed me quite as much as the others.

Xylemicarious
      I am Espresso Fiend.

Comment

My least favorite (by a very small amount) is "A Wizard Abroad", mostly because it was based on traditional Irish mythology instead of DD's own.
        Selden

Comment

This question feels a little disingenuous, but... well, I do like them all. I probably find Deep Wizardry the most uncomfortable, which I'm sure many people would say reflects positively rather than negatively on its quality *g*; I found A Wizard Abroad initially something of a letdown after the, well, high of High Wizardry (still a favorite), but it's grown on me a lot now that it isn't the end of the series.

The traditional Irish mythology didn't bother me, though. One of the things that keeps reappearing is after all the idea that most stories/myths/legends have some truth behind them that may be a lot more literal in some neighboring bit of reality!

Comment

Oh, come on ppl! Deep Wizardry, A Wizard Abroad are the Best!!!!! There my fav. anyways! A Wizard Alone and A Wizard's Dillema (sp?) were my least fav.
            ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
            **Neets**
            CAUTION: Being a member of YW forum may result in loss of sanity.

Kathy, me and G - I love you, chime, I hate you, chime, I can't live with out you.

Comment

Wizard Alone was my favorite. Deep Wizardry was my least favorite. I dunno, it got really dull, like it wasn't going anywhere and DD was just writing to be writing something. But ah well. I loved Ed. Ed, come back Ed!!! But I liked it when Nita and Kit had to convince some parents...
              Gigo: Hey, it's the person who puts 'asian' in 'caucasian'. Hi, Gryph. | | | wildflower: Hmm... should I side with "Gryph is more insane" based on conclusive evidence, or "Sharky is more insane" based on tradition? | | | [url="http://mariposa-mentiro

Comment

I think my least favorite was Higher Wizardry. I am working on getting A Wizard Alone and A Wizards Holiday.
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                People around the world are like ongiri. Everyone has an umeboshi with with a different shape and color and flavor. But because it's stuck on their back... they might not be able to see their umeboshi. Maybe that's the reaso

Comment

i'm with sohma. my lest fave was hw, but only by a little. and i'm really not sure why it is. it just is. for some very bizarre and unobvious reason.
                  My least favorite (by a very small amount) is "A Wizard Abroad", mostly because it was based on traditional Irish mythology instead of DD's own.
                  the irish myths are awesome!!!!!!!!!!! and (sorry diane) even better than diane's legendry. they are varying and uber sweet. and there's so many of them you'll never run out. :: harumphs::

vv
                  PM: Dai everyone, Caitlin is right
                  Follow the bouncing poot

Comment

Well, I did enjoy reading Lloyd Alexander's books. (But maybe this comment belongs in another thread. )
                    Selden

Comment

Deep Wizardry may always be my favorite. The tape recording I first listened to had me bawling. It's a little less easy to picture than some and a little less action packed, but the themes and character development really shone. SYWTBAW was really well written, but it's also intro. High Wizardry lost me a little when it came to the programming and mobiles, though I appreciate it greatly now after multiple readings. AWAbroad really BUGGED me. It didn't seem to follow through on the themes and conflicts it was developing and...well...I've never found Celtic mythology very interesting. A Wizard's Dilemma was good, though it got a little bogged down in the practice universes and the ending confused me horribly. I liked A Wizard Alone a lot in some ways, but you can't take the Lone Power for a pansy for long without causing trouble for yourself. Ditto for A Wizard's Holiday, which seemed essentially like fluff to my mind and (again) tried to avoid many of the issues it brought up. So far, Wizards at War looks really good.

Just my thoughts! Good night!
                      I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

Comment

I liked all of the books I have read so far (the first three) I'm waiting STILL for a wizard abroad to be returned to the library, If I find the person who checked it out, I'm going to give him/her a long lecture about overdue books. anyways, now that I am done ranting, I kinda liked all of the books in their own way, SYWTBAW was kinda an intro, but that is also why I liked it, starting to get to know the characters and stuff. I liked Deep Wizardry because the animal wizards and the human wizards got to interact (I like animals) though I do admit that it got just a bit tedious during the song, but I still enjoyed it, it was just so LONG! And I liked High wizardry because Nita's sister got involved, and I could totally relate.
                        *goes to check if AWA is available* It's not. Erk.
                        ... But he was looking through the window at the one joy from which he must be forever barred.

Comment

My least favorite book?

LITTLE WOMEN! BLECH!
                          Comradely, Diego

Blow wind, come wrath; at least I will die with the harness off my back.
                          ------------------------------------------------------------
                          "I know you've come to kill me. Shoot, coward, you will only kill a man." - Che

"Be a real

Comment

"Deep Wizardry was my least favorite" *gapes* DW was the BEST one!!!! I didn't really like Alone....
                            eh. Little Women and Anne of Green Gables are horrible books and NEVER EVER read the book Spinners. *chokes and dies* It's all in present tense or whatever so it's like "he sits down and reads the newspaper" the entire book. If you like that kinda book, read it, but if you don't, don't read it Srry if I'm talking kinda weird, I was just at a dance and I'm confuzzeled
                            *Agent~M*
                            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
                            "Those who dream by day are cognizant of those who dream by night" -Edgar Allen Poe
                            "See everything, overlook a lot, correct a little." - Pope John Paul XXIII
                            "I could live

Comment

of the YW series, i'd say WD and AWA (alone that is) were my least favourite cos nita and kit weren't really working together... or they seemed that way to me. other than that my least favourite book would be 1984, Strange Objects or The Machine Gunners *mumblesstupidenglishteacherswhocan'tchoosemoreint erestingbooksforustoreadmumbles* Brave New World is up there near the top of the list, but that has grown on me.. it was another stupid english book, but after we had a closer look at it it became bearable. Now why can't english teachers choose something that is interesting to analyse, such as harry potter or somthing like that? The Harry Potter books are the only ones that i have ever really enjoyed deconstructing, hoping to find/figure out a clue as to what will happen in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X