No announcement yet.

Your least favorite book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the longest time, the only YW books I had read all the way through were SYWTBAW, HW, and WH. I'm not sure why. I owned all of the books, I just never really could get past the first chapter on any of them I guess I didn't really like WD because I started reading it right when my mom got cancer (she's better now, so that's okay) but the other ones I never got into until a little less than a year ago. I think it was right before WAW came out, I just read all of them. And I realized how much I had missed in SYWTBAW, also, because for some reason, I only ever skimmed the ending, when they change the LP's name, so I never realized the full impact of it. I was sobbing by that point, and at the same time kicking myself for never reading it thoughroughly. But now I've read all of them, and I don't think I have a least favorite.

The ending of WD is so sad, but it's so good, and I love AWAlone because I'm slightly (just slightly) autistic, and I guess I just really liked Darryl. DW is great, I adored Ed! My favorite by far is HW, I just love Dairine and Gigo and Spot. I think it's so interesting, all the parts with the computer. I learned a lot there. I think I like Dairine a lot because I was her age when I first read HW, so I related to her more than Nita or Kit.

Comment

A wiz. Abroad was my least favorite in all of the series. I don't know why, mabye because it wasn't as fast in plot. Well when I read it, i was like 10 so...you can't blame me for my small attention span...
      In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

Douglas Adams

Comment

Weirdly enough, I think Deep Wizardry has failed to capture me the most in subsequent readings; though I've never failed to complete any of them. I essence, it could merely be that I grew more attached to Nita and she was never in 'more' (a relative phrase, I know) danger than in Deep Wizardry - it was give up wizardry or give up her life.
        Omnia mutantur; nihil interit.
        Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

Comment

i like the first book just cause it was the 1st one. the 2nd one was a little boring. i really liked HW. a wizard abroad was really good to. i liked all the fighting stuff. wizards deleema was interesting cause DD had the lone power come and attack at a very unpredicted angle. i was very intriuged. but i didnt like the fact that kit and neets wernt working together. A wizard alone was good. not my fav though. WH was really good. and iam half way through W@W. wich so far is awesome. so far i would have to say DW is my least favorite. and numbers 3,4,5,7 our tyed for 1st. there all just so good!

Comment

Well, I don't really have a least favorite book, because I absolutely loved the entire series, but I guess I mgith say our most recent WAW, if I had to choose. I liked it a bit better when the story revolved mostly around Nita and Kit, and though all of the other characters are refreshing and great, I kept finding the parts without these characters less interesting, and I was always flipping ahead to see when Neets and Kit would come back into the story. It's just that though I really like the alien wizards and Dair and other characters, I don't like them as much as Neets and Kit, therefore I'd obviously prefer to read a hundred pages on Nita rather than Dairine or Roshaun.

Comment

Well, my favorite was DW... I guess cause of the beach-ness. I love water... And my least favorite? Hmm... That's hard... I think it's probably either AWAbroad or TWD. AWA, because it was so hard to follow. For me, at least. Then, TWD, because, it was so... Well, because not much happened till the end. I mean, Nita practiced with kernels, but that's not that exciting. I'm the kind of reader who has to be excited, I guess.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------
              Today I saw cancer, cigarettes and shortness of breath. This is why I walk to the ocean. Swim with sharks and jellyfish. I may never get this chance again. This is why if you want to

Comment

My possible least favorites are: DW, because it just wasn't quite as good to me, though i still love it; HW, Because dairine is sometimes a brat and i love kit and nita, but some times i adore this book; TWD because it's so sad. A wizard alone for the same reason, and because nita didn't act very good in it till the end. but then, everybody has their parts of every book they don't like so much. We love all of them as well, or we wouldn't be on this site.
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

...and eyes, sweet as honey, soft as moss, that hold in their black vessels the bitterness of old wounds and the tired peace of growing wisdom.

Comment

AWAb and WH are my least favorites. WD and SYWTBAW and AWAl are my favorites.
                  the most amazing band in the world... The Science of Sleep... www.myspace.com/thescienceofsleepar

Comment

Here are my favorites: HW-because Dairine becoming a wizard is very cool, WH and W@W-because they were very well written and getting to know the other species of wizards was cool.
                    --May we go where errantry takes us,doing Their business and the Ones, and when we meet Him say "Fairest and Fallen, greeting and defiance!"

Comment

my least favorite is A Wizard Abroad. I don't really know why. It doesn't really have the same grab for me as the others. Wizards at War is definately a favorite
                      Worlds biggest fangirl...future star of broadway...dictionary for the forum...in love with way to may fictional characters...You can call me Nate, everyone else does...I wonder if, when I finish my book, I'll have an awesome website with cool forums

Comment

my FAVORITE book is deep wizadry
                        my least favorite book is high wizardy I dont know why but I just did not care for it as much as I did with the others...

Comment

my least favorite would have to be a wizard alone. i guess i just thought it was pretty boring and dry. my favorite though was a wizards holiday.
                          http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/75as4.gif

Comment

UchilhaBlur- You know I am on that book so far (a wizard alone) It is ok but sort of not grabbing my attention like the other books had done...

Comment

I love the entire series. I don't hate any of the books but I would say that HW was my leat favorite because it was mostly about Darinine, before she met Rashaun. I think the WD was a good book over all but was slow towards the ending. My favorite was W@W. I liked it because it a a perfect mix of each character.

Comment

See my least favorite was a Wizards Holiday. It didn't have as good of a... I don't know just, the problem. I LOVED the characters though, DD's characters are always hilarious... Go Roshaun!!!!!!!!!!!

sehlinger
                                -AND I AM GOING TO EAT....IT... ALLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

Working...
                                X