No announcement yet.

Anyone know the speech??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it did mean "little red dog," I'm just trying to remember what Nita said meant "Fox." My mind went blank, anyone else remember what it was? It was androya or something. I've probably got my irish words all mixed up! (again) Oh well. I am taking Irish Gaelic this year for a language, even though it is said to be the hardest language to pronounce, and to learn. It is going to be fun! I should go look up those words, if Irish is similar to the Speech. I just reread AWA. it is pronounced (I forgot how it's spelled) something like aye maroara or something. *is not too sure*
    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

you were close. Nita said - mathara - which meant fox and i know of a few others
      - Dai Sitho - formal hello and goodbye
      - Dai - frendly hi and bye
      - sevarfrith - a acronym for several words that mean " place where you have to hide your wizardry from others
      - llllip - i think it means bite im not sure
      no copywright infringement intended
      if we have no peace it is because we've
      forgotton that we belong to each other, for behold, how good and how pleasnt it is for breatherin to dwell together in unity!

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, "lllp" isn't a word. It's a sound that people make when they, um, need to, not unlike the sounds "um" and "uh" or other noises of surprise. I'm sure that's not exactly what it is, but...good enough. Halfway between an exclamation and a true meaningless sound. (Here I'll stop, before I get pedantic...)

Okay, so the whole fox thing: Madreen rua is the local Irish version. is the standard.

Sevarfrith is a place where wizardry must be hidden, and astahfrith is its antonym, where wizardry is openly used.

Grenfelzing has something to do with chocolate, and another word, emmfozing.

Obviously everyone knows , but I would like to point out it was also said as dai stiheh, possibly because it was used in the plural sense (if I remember correctly, it was said to Pont in Wizard's Dilemma).

Does anyone remember (or can look up) the names of the stars, which Nita recites in SYWTBAW? For some reason, I remember that the name (for Atlantis) was included with the rest of the stars...but that should only have come up in Deep Wizardry.

Comment

Working...
        X