No announcement yet.

Anyone know the speech??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From ERAGON? intersting...oh, and not to loose my reputation for going on and on about eragon, even if in practice i'm trying not to do it as much...ERAGON RULES! *goes to eragon forum* no wait...we call it fantasy books now...
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
    For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

speaking of fantasy books, every time I receive a fantasy labeled book (Eragon, so you want to be a wizard, etc) i scrape off the fantasy label. (it also confuses my friends, cause a fellow wizard freak thought i actually had a wizards manual!)
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

no and i've read all the books three time all I know is dai stiho gosh I should read them again

Comment

kk said speaking of fantasy books, every time I receive a fantasy labeled book (Eragon, so you want to be a wizard, etc) i scrape off the fantasy label. (it also confuses my friends, cause a fellow wizard freak thought i actually had a wizards manual!)
          I once found something like a wizards manual...it was completely fake, but i checked it out of the library anyways...the first page of the proloug was
          "so you want to be a wizard"
          i just found that funny.
          For those of you who don't recognize WHO'S back, I'll give you a hint, and I don't mean the typo's in my posts - YR.

Comment

When I was rereading the YW books to make up a timeline, I made some notes of what the books say about the Speech, including words like hrasht and sevarfrith.
            Did she mention grenfelzing?
            "Wizardry does not live in the unwilling heart..."

Comment

I don't think it matters. And it conatins more than english doesn't it? its the undercurrent under it?Ii think that it is better left to our imagination, and that way we can all hear it as soething else. personally I think it would sound like a beautuiful series of sounds, that run together almsot like singing, with like unseen echoes. dunno what you think.
              Time has a heart because other hearts stop....

Comment

did she mean that when she said what? *is ocnfused* oh well, i've managed to catch up with all the posts that have happened since friday, except todays, which i answer tomarrow, so i'm off! gotta love the email digest of posts...*cheers*

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Fred. It has to sound beautiful or the World(S) wouldn't listen, would they? I kinda hear it like bells and really nice sounds, not necesarily words... I don't know, it's hard to explain.

"You're the one who says books have to be heavy cause the whole world's inside them."
                  Cornelia Funke, Inkheart
                  "You're so funny. Sometimes, I wish I was a little elf, so I could ride around on your shoulder all day and laugh at you." - my mom. (Yes, she honestly told me that. *rolls eyes*)

Comment

what does grenfelzing mean?
                    -"Though speach be unlearn'd, The wisdom be earn'd,"
                    Cairpre, the bard, The Lost Years of Merlin book 3
                    http://inheritanceseries.freeforums....ce41240a2f1add

Comment

When one knows not/
                      Ask another/
                      When that other knows a lot/
                      Don't teach it to your brother
                      -me-
                      What I ment is ask the person in charge
                      Need help with homework, E-Mail me @ elizabeth1ofengland@yahoo.com I am ALWAYS bored!! Or, if u want a brief lesson on Tudor era Monarchy.

Comment

who's the person in charge?

[edited to delete needless quoting. You also want to watch the one-liners, there, KK. --kli]

Comment

What just happened?
                          Hy gododin cataan hue
                          Hud a lledrith mal wyddan
                          Guance ae bellawn wen cabri
                          Varigal don Fincayra
                          Dravia, dravia Fincayra

Comment

maxxrox: don't know... and if you mean who's in charge of the site, that would be DD. I mean, it IS her site...Though you might have quicker responces talking to one of her admins. *is happy to note i seem to have avoided a one liner myself*

Comment

what is an admin and how do you talk to one?

maxxrox, i like your signature

Comment

Kaila, we have two admins on this board: Diane Duane, and Lee Enfield-Burke. You can send them e-mail, but they're both very busy and may not have time to reply to email or private messages.

You can also go to the official chat (the next one is this Saturday) and ask DD questions directly.

There are also two moderators on this board. Me, and Peter Murray. We have much more limited powers on this board than the admins, but we're generally a bit more available to answer questions about the board, and to point out netiquette things, like that the maximum length of sigs on this board is six lines including blank lines and separators; and that you want to avoid posting one-liners. The Board FAQ is a good resource for checking these things out, too.
                                New to the board? Please take the time to read the YW Board-Specific Rules, or Why We're Not Like Other Boards FAQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X