No announcement yet.

Have you got the Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a friend named Bobbie and he goes to this wizard school......I wish we could see each other(email friends)....

TO THE MANUAL,

RACHEL

Comment

Does he go to that online wizard school, "The Grey School" or something like that? I've heard of it, I think it was run by some odd guy who went to sea in search of mermaids or unicorns or something...his name's Oberon, I think. I was told of it by someone else.
      Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

There's an online wizarding school?
        What, am I reading this right! So they really do magic?? Thats kind of scary, but cool too! I wish I was a wizard!
        Kardia

Comment

hmmm, that's interesting.
          I think that I will look it up on Google, even though one doesn't really need a wizarding school if one has the manual. oh- sorry for stating it that way. to many persuasive essays... hmmm, that looks interesting. a little to artificial, maybe, a bit of a ripoff from the Harry Potter books for the houses, perhaps, but otherwise interesting.
          Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

To wish upon a magic star,
            And wait, and wait, and wait,
            Mayhaps what you see as is are,
            What you wished for, from afar.
            And perhaps the wish just waits,
            For the time to be,
            When sure enough of being,
            That the wish you see.

Online wizarding school... Interesting concept. The poem above is relevent to my opinions on this subject, it *should* make sense.
            On a clear day, you can see forever. ??, blessed be, and fare you all well.
            -Twilight Eve Golden
            Words are my medium/Colors make our soul
            Willing dreams the universe/Which is what makes it whole.

Comment

If only I had a dollar for every time I've tried the various Oaths from the books. As far as I can tell, none of them have worked yet. I did write my own oath once and it actually seemed to work, but my sister's stupid friend destroyed it and I can't remember what I said in it. And also, I've seen my manual.

Heh I saw a glimpse of Nita's manual in a dream I had this morning...
              ~Rachel

Comment

Psh, duh, it's in my backpocket!!

On the ten-thousandth time I read the oath...

*ducks Poot*
                just let your heart take over and sign with a flourish

Comment

Yeah, I think that I read it quite a lot. not when my famoly can hear me.... don't want anyone to think i'm that insane, but I have. Alot. and once afterward, I had a dream a little similar to Nita's in Timeheart... but my old dog was in it, so you know. not really. oh well. if only....

Comment

Yeah I kind of read the Oath from SYWTBAW like dozens of times (alone), but it doesn't seem to work for me... . Sometimes I do think that I can hear what my dog is saying. But that might be my imagination. Because I have a fairly big one.
                    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Yeah, I have a really big imagination. I mean, I think that I have done the same thing with my dog.... don't look at me like that. I know that i'm a little insane- aren't we all? but I mean, my imagination is REALLY big.

So you aren't the only one Emi.

Comment

I've said the oath dozens of times, until I memorized it fully, all versions of it. All that's happened so far is that I get a really bad headache after I say it that doesn't go away for a while (for example, I said the oath yesterday morning, and my head still hurts).

I did have a dream once afterwards that my computer was translating all of my documents into the Speech, but it was just a dream.

And unlike hearing pets talking (though I do sometimes think that my rabbits might be trying to convey secret messages to me) I sometimes think I could be hearing my electronics talking to me. I have four computers in my house, as well as many other electronics. Nearly every time I go near one of the computers, I can't hear anything out of my right ear but some sort of almost radio interference-sounding noise, a very high pitched squeaking sound that goes away after about three-five minutes.
                        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Ummm, kk? please don't say that it's just a dream. because we all know, that there are no accidents! see my sig. Anyway, I think that if I were a wizard, then I would specialize in living things, because, animals seem to really like me. As in, they come towards me a lot, and stuff. it's really strange, and well, i've been quite successful with gardens and stuff... and i like to climb trees...

Comment

"Every oak tree started out as a couple of nuts who stood their ground."
                            -anonymous

Comment

Well, I've decided to post after my little break. I for one have only read the oath once. I guess I don't really believe in magic anymore other than in books. It was kind of rude, but my cat was meowing a lot, and when I said "Shut up!" he listened. And kk, about the computer thing, that's probably their fans, or their processors, I think. All computers make the noise, and even TVs.

I already said my opinion before but I'll repeat it:

"who's to say that the books aren't the manual? maybe we see them as regular books because we aren't going to be wizards?"
                              "If his grin was any wider the top of his head would have fallen off"
                              -Terry Pratchett
                              Candyman Jr, Master Procrastinator, Joe Green, Vashmata, Master of Technology

Comment

JAM: I am totally there with you. HA! that makes at least two "insane" people here. I don't care if I seem crazy, but you know. at least there are multiple people with me, so HA! Ok, sorry for rambling...
                                I think that it's really important to let your imagination keep growing. I mean, you can do anything in/with your imagination- what's better than that?
                                Sorry vashmata. even if you don't believe in magic, (and in the YW books, magic was just energy used differently...) you have to admit, imagination is really important.

Comment

Working...
                                X