No announcement yet.

Have you got the Manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can usually get online with out permission. I think it's also because I'm older, and my parents feel that I'm smart, like not giving out my personal info and stuff like that. It used to be awhile before I could do anything I want on the internet. Also because before I had AOL and it had parental control stuff on it. Now I'm just using Internet Explorer... DSL rocks. Not. But it might just be my computer...

Garrett I do know what you're talking about with the Rock music.. if I remember correctly when that music first came out people used to call it the devil's music???

kk: You're like the computer rescuer or something. That's really funny.
    Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
    Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
    It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
    Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

Yes, I have parentsl controls on my laptop. I actually can't really get onto any other forums. So, my computer does that without me having to use AOL or anything.

Rock music... That is really wierd. No offense or anything to anyone. I just don't get it... And I still think that it's Ok to read books that include magic... I mean, who wouldn't want to be a wizard?
      Believe something... and somewhere, it's happened

Comment

Funny, I don't have parental controls on either of my computers or internet connections that I'm allowed to use. I think it's illogical of my parents, though it's also cool, since I can go to all of my favorite websites.

Emi: and I'm not exactly a computer rescuer. I did rescue that old one from my youth minister (and I still don't know what he did with it! It's in horrible shape, and wakes up on its own every evening at the same time, even though the automatic wake-up function turned off) and the one found in an abandoned building, my aunt got from the building (which was actually the place where she used to work), though they were probably going to demolish it along with the building. I just have been trying to fix it, and take care of it. It works reasonably well, though it has Windows NT.

Though when my little sister has gotten a hold of it, it crashes, and sometimes she drops it. Which isn't good for a computer like that. I'll try to post a picture of it here sometime.
        Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

Hey, yah talking about how you burst our laughing randomly, that happens to me all the time. KK, thats bad, during college, thats really bad. It usually happens to me in the car, when I am not doing anything, so my mind wanders. Its really embarresing, cause I will be reliving a really funny part of my life or of a book, and when I try to snuffle my laughter, it comes out even louder. Then everybody looks at me, as if I am mad. This also happens, during the worst of times, like when someone is being really serious, and I just don't get why, I crack up, over my own private joke. Thats cool about the computer, KK! And not reading books, thats really bad. My parents don't care at all about the magic, accually they encourage it. I think that nobody should be deprived the idea that the world is magical, because it really is, if you look at it logicly. The fact that the universe exists, that we exist is in its self completly magical, if you get my meaning!
          I am babbling...
          Rio, ya my cat is really cool, and very snobby, proud and cute!
          Kardia

Comment

I hate it when people are trying to be serious with me, like if my parents are mad at me or something, and they are talking/yelling at me, and i burst out laughing because I was thinking about something funny... Then they get angrier. and i absolutely agree with you Clara. Yay floorboard! and because space is infinate, then there has to be magic somewhere, if not here, you know? Well, I have to go so i can finish my lab report for science... and then math... to much homework...

Dai all

Comment

I was trying not laugh for most of dinner, and my aunt was looking at me weird, but I was remembering something my friend had said, and it was funny!

Wolfy, I've done the same thing when my parents have been yelling at me. But sometimes, it's so hard not to laugh!

Good luck on your homework! (I'm so glad I never have any, technically.)
              Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

ummmm sorry to break it to u but the manual doesnt exist. wizardry isnt real! i love the yw books but really!

Comment

Can't we just dream??

Seriously though, after I read the books I started like referencing it alot.. I tend to do that when ever I read a book. I'd be like oh in SYWTBAW Nita said this.. It's bad, but I could tell my mom was getting annoyed that I was starting to believe in that stuff.

But wouldn't it be nice?
                  Time passes. Even when it seems impossible.
                  Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise.
                  It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for me.
                  Check out my video: LET GO

Comment

I'd just love to be able to walk on the moon without a space suit! That would awesome, so yes, we can dream. And for all we know, it might be real in an alternate dimension or something that scientists could gain access to in the future (probably not, but hey, we can dream ).
                    Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I think that dreaming is the heart of wizardry, because, without dreaming, how would we come up with all of this stuff? so, I think that dreaming is a good thing. Sorry Pirateluvrxx3.

pirateluvr:But I like to dream, and people here (not as in on the forums...)are kind of restiricting about it, so i express my feelings here. Sorry if it's to personal, and i am upsetting you w/ my dreams. my imagination is really big. I know that. OK???

Emi: yeah, i agree... i reference books that I read a lot... and my parents are like that...

kk: there just might be...

Comment

hey ,Im back!tough time on errantry but,I propose that we have to make our own manuals, because as for the info,we have the books, and errantry wiki to help us and to have proof,Im already creating mine,like right now I have it in my lap,already from wiki and the books Ive already gotten 17 chapters laid out for me to put into the actual thing,but what Im trying to say is that we should make our own manuals.{If you dont want to struggle with the"notifications"section of the manual,along with the status reports and "interventions" section,dont make yours a senior version,just tellin ya.{and as for the speech,I will come back to you on that}}dai stiho cousins!!!!!{I should really be a senior but..... to the mighty powers of "draoiceacht"{wizardry},peace out.
                        ---
                        as a matter of fact.....{pay close attention to my statis on the side... } any way I saw this new girl call herself a senoir!,well I know enough things to be a senoir! right?

[edited to consolidate double-post. --kli]
                        peice out

Comment

I started a Manual on my Wizpod touch it's really cool. I think wizardry and magic exist as long as you belive it exist. Oh if you get any ideas about speech can you share them. Thanks
                          dài stiho

Comment

I'm not so sure I like the idea of recreating the manual, I mean, who needs an actual manual anyway? Do like the Irish wizards, and get it mentally!

But if you're going to try to recreate the Speech, I'd suggest using runemal (a.k.a. futharke runes) for the symbols, and Irish for the language itself. (As in, you could write in the runic alphabet, but the words could still be in Irish.) And the runic alphabet is awesome, because each rune also has a different meaning besides the letter is represents. I know this because my uncle gave me his rune set, and The Book of Runes by Ralph Blum (I think that's how you spell his name).

It would also be cool, because you can download runic fonts for your computer!
                            Dif-tor heh smusma.

Comment

I dont need a manual. I agree with KK. I have my brain, my heart, and my soul, and those create the magic for me. Anything else is just something to help me with. Seriously guys remember wizardy wont live in an unwiling heart. That means you need a willing heart to have magic, a brain to manipulate it, and soul to expernce it(morals help to).

PS. Pirateluvrxx3. Im gonna give you a break since your knew. So first dai and welcome. come and enjoy. Read the forum rules and FAQ's. Please though, while you are entitled to your own opinion, it might be nice to humor the people here. A one liner like that wont be well recived. Oh and you avitars over the max size limit so you might wanna chnge that. Just a heads up ok. Friendly words cause we expect you to know the rules when your status changes to member(in 9 posts).
                              (\__/) "Be amazing"
                              (+'.'+)
                              (")_(")

Comment

cool guys but Im just saying..... just incase ya know?currently I have 27 chapters down,and how do you know theirs a manual if no one has found it yet,literally dudes not even the seniors.forgive me but Im just trying to make a point..
                                peice out

Comment

Working...
                                X